Jesse Eisenberg Compares Comic-Con To Genocide

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jesse Eisenberg's Comic-Con experience apparently wasn't a joy.

Eisenberg, who plays Lex Luthor in the upcoming "Batman v. Superman, " was at the massive San Diego convention last week with co-stars Ben Affleck and Henry Cavil. In an interview Monday, he was decidedly negative about the experience.

"It is like being screamed at by thousands of people. I don't know what the experience is throughout history, probably some kind of genocide. I can't think of anything that's equivalent," he said.

Eisenberg spoke at the premiere of "End of the Tour," with Jason Segal, about the release of David Foster Wallace's novel "Infinite Jest." Segal plays Wallace, while Eisenberg plays journalist David Lipsky.

"Yes I have never been on the other side, on your side of journalism. I have normally been the victim so I worked with the guy who I play, I play a real person, David Lipsky," he said. "I interviewed him. He taught me how to interview and what his process is like and now I understand the pariahs that you guys are."

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if he's just not smart or if he made a calculated move to look like an ? and get the machine going.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He must've still been in character. Only explanation I can give for him actin like an azzzhole. Smh.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's not a fan of the medium and even said he knew next to nothing about the luther character when he took the role.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »
    he's not a fan of the medium and even said he knew next to nothing about the luther character when he took the role.

Understandable but he could've been more diplomatic about it to protect his coins.

It's not like he's playing this role once and that's it. He's not the only one I'm sure who isn't a fan of the medium or was unfamiliar with their role but you don't see Will Smith doing ? like this. ? is politics and you got to know how to play the publicity game.

Not very wise to get on the comic con crowds bad side by low key insulting them. I've never attended myself cause I though I'm a lifelong fan of the medium I have no interest hanging around fat white people with B.O. in hot ass weather for 3 days. I have a hard enough time dealing with the wet dog smell most of them carry as it is. But I'll never say that to some of my fellow comic book readers either.

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    He outta be gratfeul he got the role as much of a one dimensional actor that he is. I still object to him playing Luther,he almost ruin the BvsS trailer.."the redcapes(redcoates) are coming,the redcapes are coming" maan sit your corny ass down.

Luther is suppose to have the demeanor of a boss,Jesse comes across as a woose and stands out way more than Will does in SS.But then again it was showing lex in his early stage so we'll see....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazypakman wrote: »

i can tell from that trailer. thats not lex luthor at all. why did they pick him?
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think them nerd ? give a ? about what that zombieland ? has to say.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    actually i read an interview where he did become a fan through a friend who owns a comic book store, and he said his favorite character is John Stewart.

but he just chose a ? choice of words
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? jesse eisenberg. Dudes a ? in every movie he plays. I didnt like his casting as luthor, but im hoping some act of ? happened on set and helped this ? play a good luthor.

Bad choice of words though.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's a dope actor. That's just my opinion. I haven't seen one movie of his, I haven't liked besides this ? movie called camp something but he had a small part.
  • BangEm_Bart
  • BangEm_Bart
    Roger Dodger was dope too.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...yall really expected the more reserved version of michael cera and shia lebouf to not.....spazz?

Me and my brother used to call him Michael Cera's cousin. Which reminds me, Cera need to get back in the game. That's my dude right there
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrugs* Guess Im not not understanding the outrage. So dude doesn't like being screamed at by thousands of people. Who cares?

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    lol. When did everyone get so PC? Its...Comic Con. Does everything need to be controversial? lol

Dude already clarified his comments anyway. Basically Comic Con was just overwhelming for him and he was being hyperbolic. Has nothing to do with disrespect or unappreciation. Just sensory overload.

Again, even at face value, without the explanation, im not seeing the big deal over what he said, but the Internet loves to rage so...

Anyway, I think we'll all be fine.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like he was just joking and now the media have taken it the wrong way and lost their ? .