Video:Disturbing vid of Gardena,CA pigs killing a Latino man in cold blood after he removes his hat.

Options

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Divided we fall...

Bruh we already divided and face down on the ground. We really just trying to get back up at this point and realizing we're going to have to do it ourselves...
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem i have is that the majority of these bad shootings are from prior service vets.

Guys that have had 3-10 rotations overseas and then immediately given a job as a cop.
    What yall dont realize is that ? is the majority of their career in service, 8 years over there with very little down time in between.

When is there counseling to turn the ? switch off?

MOst veterans never fire their gun in battle or ever have reason to pull the trigger.

It's not about the ? switch being turned on or off. Its about them being able to feel the rush of a combat ? without the repercussion of returned fire and possible death. It's a real life video game to them. You ever feel guilty shooting an enemy in a video game? Of course not...aint like it's a real person.

That's how they feel about Blacks and Hispanics.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/07/14/video-that-shows-gardena-police-shoot-? -unarmed-man-in-2013-is-released/
    Following the release of the video, Gardena Police Chief Ed Medrano issued a statement, in which he said in part: “The events that night in 2013 were tragic for all involved. We continue to sympathize with the families and regret their loss.”
    Medrano further stated:

“Although the video has been released, we are still moving forward with our appeal because we are concerned about the broader implications of this decision. In fact just prior to the public release of the video, 9th Circuit Court Judge Alex Kozinski issued an emergency stay of Judge’ Wilson’s order until the matter could be heard in from of the 9th circuit court of appeal.”

I love it how these pigs always paint these situations as "tragedies".. Like someone had an unexpected heart attack or was hit by car out of nowhere.. I saw someone get killed in cold blood by someone who's supposedly here to serve & protect people.. That ? isn't a "tragedy" that ? murder.. Smh...
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-federal-judge-orders-release-of-videos-20150714-story.html?14369191098620
    Videos of Gardena police shooting of unarmed men are made public - LA Times

Videos that the city of Gardena fought to keep secret show police officers fatally shooting a man who appeared confused at their orders and did not appear to pose an immediate threat. Police wounded a second man.

A federal judge on Tuesday ordered the release of the videos, saying the public had an interest in seeing the recordings after the city settled a lawsuit over the shooting for $4.7 million.

The dash cam videos show two perspectives of the incident. Both show police ordering the men to raise their hands. One of men keeps his hands raised throughout. The other lowers and raises them several times, at one point removing his cap. The officers respond by opening fire.

U.S. District Judge Stephen V. Wilson's decision came a day after he said that records could only be kept under seal in federal court in extreme cases.

Wilson rejected arguments by the city of Gardena seeking to keep the recordings under seal. The city claimed that it had settled a civil rights lawsuit over the shooting in the belief that the videos would remain under seal.

"However, [the] defendants' argument backfires here -- the fact that they spent the city's money, presumably derived from taxes, only strengthens the public's interest in seeing the videos," Wilson wrote. "Moreover, while the videos are potentially upsetting and disturbing because of the events they depict, they are not overly gory or graphic in a way that would make them a vehicle for improper purposes."

Wilson ruled in favor of a request from the Los Angeles Times, the Associated Press and Bloomberg to publicly release the police cruiser videos that captured the shooting.

The decision comes as law enforcement agencies nationwide are increasingly embracing the use of officer body cameras and dashboard cameras to record police interactions with civilians. But few agencies are making that footage public, spurring a debate over the need to balance the privacy of those captured on the recordings and transparency in policing.

Cameras mounted inside the police patrol cars recorded parts of the June 2, 2013, fatal shooting of Ricardo Diaz Zeferino, who was struck by eight bullets. Another man, Eutiquio Acevedo Mendez, was wounded.

The city of Gardena filed the videos under seal in a federal civil rights lawsuit filed by Acevedo Mendez and relatives of Diaz Zeferino.

“While it’s certainly unpleasant,’ Wilson said of the videos, "it isn’t that gory.”

Attorneys representing the plaintiffs argued that the recordings show that officers opened fire even though it was clear the men were unarmed. The city disagreed, saying officers couldn't see one of Diaz Zeferino's hands and believed he was going to reach for a weapon.

The city recently settled the lawsuit, but Gardena officials have fought to prevent the videos from becoming public. Organizations representing law enforcement leaders across California submitted court papers supporting Gardena’s efforts to keep the records sealed.

The city argued that it had agreed to the legal settlement in part to keep the video from becoming public. Gardena also contended that releasing the video would deter police from using such cameras and would endanger the safety of the officers at a time of heightened public criticism of police killings.

The shooting occurred after police responded to a call about a bicycle stolen from outside a CVS drugstore on Western Avenue. A police dispatcher mistakenly told officers that the crime was a robbery, which usually involves a theft using weapons or force, and officers headed to the area in search of two suspects. Sgt. Christopher Cuff saw two men riding bicycles east on Redondo Beach Boulevard.

The men were friends of the bike theft victim and were searching for the missing bicycle. Mistaking them for the thieves, Cuff ordered the men to stop and put their hands up, according to a district attorney's memo written by a prosecutor who reviewed the police videos. Diaz-Zeferino, whose brother owned the stolen bicycle, ran up to his friends as they stood before the police car.

A police cruiser video captured him yelling at the sergeant, who screamed in English and Spanish for Diaz Zeferino to stop advancing, the district attorney's memo said. Diaz Zeferino raised his hands, pounded his chest with both hands and said something that was inaudible, the memo said.

One of his friends later told investigators that Diaz Zeferino was explaining that police had stopped the wrong people. Two more police cars arrived, and three officers emerged with guns drawn.

The patrol car video showed Diaz Zeferino dropping his hands and reaching to his right waistband or rear right pocket and making a tossing motion, dropping an object on the ground, the district attorney's memo said. He raised his hands, then repeated the move and removed something from his left rear pocket, the memo said.

“You do it again, you're going to get shot,” yelled an officer on the video, according to the memo. Diaz Zeferino removed his baseball hat and lowered his hands.

As he began to raise his hands again, three of the officers opened fire, the district attorney's memo said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teqn_8tu5D4

? the police, rip to that brudda

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rest in Peace.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    The problem i have is that the majority of these bad shootings are from prior service vets.

Guys that have had 3-10 rotations overseas and then immediately given a job as a cop.
    What yall dont realize is that ? is the majority of their career in service, 8 years over there with very little down time in between.

MOst veterans never fire their gun in battle or ever have reason to pull the trigger.

It's not about the ? switch being turned on or off. Its about them being able to feel the rush of a combat ? without the repercussion of returned fire and possible death. It's a real life video game to them. You ever feel guilty shooting an enemy in a video game? Of course not...aint like it's a real person.

That's how they feel about Blacks and Hispanics.

Add to that they are also indoctrinated with that "US" vs "THEM" mentality and look at black people as enemy combatants so they shoot to ? and know they will get away with it. They feel like they are doing black people a favor by occupying where they live and telling them what to do cause we don't know any better and can't do ? for ourselves. They don't see us a people at all. That is the biggest problem that they don't see us as people
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/07/14/video-that-shows-gardena-police-shoot-? -unarmed-man-in-2013-is-released/
    Following the release of the video, Gardena Police Chief Ed Medrano issued a statement, in which he said in part: “The events that night in 2013 were tragic for all involved. We continue to sympathize with the families and regret their loss.”
    Medrano further stated:

“Although the video has been released, we are still moving forward with our appeal because we are concerned about the broader implications of this decision. In fact just prior to the public release of the video, 9th Circuit Court Judge Alex Kozinski issued an emergency stay of Judge’ Wilson’s order until the matter could be heard in from of the 9th circuit court of appeal.”

I love it how these pigs always paint these situations as "tragedies".. Like someone had an unexpected heart attack or was hit by car out of nowhere.. I saw someone get killed in cold blood by someone who's supposedly here to serve & protect people.. That ? isn't a "tragedy" that ? murder.. Smh...

We've known for years now that bold has never been true for the majority. People need to stop even thinking that ? . How much proof do people need to know that ? is not true for the majority. They serve and protect the rich and the wealthy and enforce the laws that rich and wealthy people enact on black and poor people.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They NEVER want to release the video when they're wrong, but if it absolves them, they're releasing that ? 15 minutes after the incident. The fight that they put up shows you that they know it was cold blooded murder and they tried to keep those skeletons in the closet. The justifications that the use and excuses that they make would have a jury convict anyone without a badge without question. ? is sickening.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, let's see what the Latino community does....in a city like LA, they outnumber everyone, and I don't think they'll be so passive...but let's see.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    You so called conscious ? are phony...Its so much hatred in your hearts that you lost compassion for innocent people suffering in general..Thats not MAAT

You ninjas are no better than the white and black devils that dish out this unnecessary hatred out here

Just because you have melanin dont mean you a soulful person

EXACTLY.

some of these people in here are ? jokes.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    You so called conscious ? are phony...Its so much hatred in your hearts that you lost compassion for innocent people suffering in general..Thats not MAAT

You ninjas are no better than the white and black devils that dish out this unnecessary hatred out here

EXACTLY.

? want to become the new white people.. ? hilarious.. i have my own generalities and hangups i am very observant but everyone gets a chance and i try to look at ? how i want to be viewed for no other purpose than my own humanity not to appease or comfort anyone's sensibilities... ? i aint worried bout the other side any more than i have to black love/pride/power is independent with the preoccupation and or hate of "Others"

Our sense of pride shouldn't mirror the CACs. It never has
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think some of the animosity comes from knowing that there is a concerted effort to run blacks out of southern California by mexicans....thru violent means.

Yup.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shame man, helpless situation when you surrender yourself to authorities and they still light you the ? up.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    @A Talented One please explain to us how the police did nothing wrong here!
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Latino's don't like blacks, so who cares.

Some Black's don't like Black's either. That man could've easily been a black man hell a purple man nonetheless murder is murder.

It's not about color when that bullet hit that ass the cops are killing minoritieslike its no big deal.

Well said but it's People of Color. Update your vocabulary and stop using the so called white man's supremacy jargon.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is power on numbers. Our struggles are too similar for us not to unite
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

EXACTLY.

? want to become the new white people.. ? hilarious.. i have my own generalities and hangups i am very observant but everyone gets a chance and i try to look at ? how i want to be viewed for no other purpose than my own humanity not to appease or comfort anyone's sensibilities... ? i aint worried bout the other side any more than i have to black love/pride/power is independent with the preoccupation and or hate of "Others"

Our sense of pride shouldn't mirror the CACs. It never has

I was just saying the same thing yesterday.

I was thinking that a lot of us don't hate white ppl. Just hate that their doing what we would be doing if we were in charge.

Alot of us don't hate white ppl, we envy them and wish we was the ones doing what they are doing.

Not me but I see the green eye monster in a lot of us.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? was cruddy as ?
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...But yet my threads be too extreme
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Idk if its because i live in spanish harlem but the black and spanish comunity are very much intergrated and it works,blacks and hispanics, so you can eat a ? with you ignorant ass post
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Idk if its because i live in spanish harlem but the black and spanish comunity are very much intergrated and it works,blacks and hispanics, so you can eat a ? with you ignorant ass post

It's New York city Latinos here are much different than Latinos in California .
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes cops need to shoot someone in order to safely find out if they are armed.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I kind of disagree. I think a lot vets have a better grasp on what it means to ? someone so they are probably less likely to do when so when it's not needed.

Im niether a vet for a cop so I really don't know. But those would be some very interesting numbers to look either way.