Fargo (Season 2)

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep 2 was boring but I laughed my ass off when he said "Kansas City Shvanses"
  • WholeLottaGangSyht
    WholeLottaGangSyht Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Options
    you ? some clowns this ? is flames breh my indian ? finna eat bird ? and locate bros corpse at the meat shop

watch them ? serve ground edomite to them sea jews
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't watch the 1st season, but Im digging season 2 so far.
  • WholeLottaGangSyht
    WholeLottaGangSyht Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    didn't watch the 1st season, but Im digging season 2 so far.

it was more of a dark comedy with a lil ? boy gets someonee killed like the fargo movie
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2nd ep was slower,but not bad at all

Bokeem giving off a Sam Jack/Pulp Fiction vibe.I want to see how he gets down w/ the G ? .

The oldest son is the weak link and will probably sale his mother out.I like his mother's character.I think she ruthless and we haven't seen it yet.

Besides pride,doesn't sound like a bad deal to work w/ the KC mob.

So yeah Dunst is a bugged out character.She knows how to use her husband.

Crazy how the cop's wife found that strap.She's a rider.I see where Molly gets it from.

I still need more midwest accents.

That was tense when the cop and KC gangsters were pulled over.

It was also tense when the cop came to the butcher shop.

LOL this ep makes me never want to eat ground beef or ground anything.reminded me of the famous Fargo film wood chipper scene.

The oldest son is already scheming on over throwing his mother.She told his ass to just chill.he's gonna get a bunch of ppl killed.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea. Bokeem killed his role. Good stuff.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    yo, ol gal was fast to change the story in the hairdresser shop. good ass thinkin

Yea she was sharp and on point for doing that. kirsten dunst has delivered the most surprising performance thus far. i thought her delivery and acting would seem forced and contrived this season but she seem to be doing fine and naturally rolling with the punches

it seems lou solverson doesnt back down from anything. he has that tenacious attitude. now i see where molly gets it from

dodd is certainly a menacing figure. as if the abuse of his daughter didnt give the viewer a hint, the way he carelessly flaunts around his brute force will

woodbine crushed mike milligan's role again this episode. dude has been the highlight of the series for me so far

great episode. im very interested to see where this goes next. because both milligan's crew and lou are looking for the typewriter shop owner. hoping he can lead them to rye. but the ironic part is that both are now dead. so where or what will it lead them to?
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    great acting and dialogue so far. esp 3 was very good.
  • marc123
    Options
    great acting and dialogue so far. esp 3 was very good.
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ? got real this episode. now we're getting somewhere. alot of plot advancements took place

the tone of this episode was a bit melancholic. as we can probably assume many of these characters will see their demise. esp. lou's wife. the exchange with the doctor about her drug potentially being a placebo highlights the dark humor that's scattered throughout the show

the scene with Floyd and bulo was cool too. you can tell she is the more pragmatic and decisive member of the family. seems like she would resort to bloodshed as a last resort and would rather keep peace by splitting the territory with the Kansas city mob. but I think dodd ? all of that up by strong arming one of bulo's men earlier.

I like the twist when we find milligan is putting the pound game on dodd's daughter. whats even more hilarious is she could've chose anyone in that virtually white town to help her catch a nut. but she decided to go with a darker shade. and no one should be surprised. white ? always had a fixation and fetish for ? . I'm curious tho to see whose side she'll ultimately take when the war jumps off

I'm really starting to question whether peggy is really in love with ed or not. it seems everything she does ultimately ? him over. first she inadvertently murders a guy, then has him clean up every trace of evidence. then she takes the money he clearly told her he was going to use as an investment towards the shop, and uses it to go to some scam seminar. then when lou pieces everything together to get them to confess so he can help them. as ed was about to do just that she cut him off. but the ? up part is ed seems to really love her. she, on the other hand, only appears to be acting in her own self-interest. i can already predict that she will ultimately be his downfall

this show outdoes itself with every episode. the writing, the acting, the directing, the cinematography, and the music choices are all top notch. this is hands down the best show on tv right now

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fargo is great.. its so rich and layered damn i almost felt story for the evil ? .. i like how they set that whole moment up..(When the mother was giving dude some TLC) Alot of these characters are complex characters..

-Its funny as ? to me how Bokeem talks like Dave Chappelle
    -The Matriarch of the fam reminds me of Judge Judy/Estelle Getty i bet that was purposeful
    -Kirsten is dynamite shes being suckered by her boss.. i bet its some Jim Jones ?
  • Ounceman
    Options
    im fairly surprised by kirsten dunst performance. i thought she would be the weak link in the cast but she's been one of the standouts thus far
  • marc123
    Options
    episode 4 was GOAT
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Dodd's daughter is treacherous...nonchalant about being scandalous wit no remorse...definitely has daddy issues or maybe that's just the kind of person she is...talk about 'sleeping with the enemy'..smh

Really like the way they build tension in this show,it's real old school..glad they kept those elements alive from the first season.....that sit down was a good scene...haven't been disappointed with a ep from this season yet...nice work...
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ? . that might've been the best episode ive seen in the series thus far since buridan's ass in season 1. every scene carried tension enough to keep me on the edge of my seat

bruce Campbell nailed the Reagan role. had him down to the mannerisms and the definitive gaffes

hanzee might be the strongest parallel we have to malvo this season. even surpassing milligan

dodd's daughter is stuck in a difficult situation. its like no matter who she betrays, she'll likely face consequences because of it

so peggy might not be as self-centered as I thought. that was an honorable thing she tried to do. although the events that ensued in a dramatically ironic fashion made rendered it virtually irrelevant

This show is propelling itself to be mentioned along the greats . its like now I'm at a point where im trying to find at least one quibble about this show or something I dislike, but every time I do so, I struggle to. its crazy how this show continues topping itself every week. and by the looks of the preview for the next episode, its going to continue on that trajectory to excellence
  • marc123
    Options
    crazy episode!!

Indian dude is a g.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Landry Clark is lucky as ? , he gonna be a bad dude by the end of this if he keeps killin dudes.

I like the Indian guy. He seems cool. Wish he would have killed both of the Kitchen Brothers, I don't like them.

Dodd is a ? up, doesn't seem old enough to have a daughter that old, but whatever. Dodd will overreach, but his brother is a big oaf too.

Mike Milligan cracks me up.

I really like the way the filmed that first scene. The aerial view was cool.

Kirsten Dunst finally proved to not be a ? , but it was too late.

The Minnesota Accents continue to ? me the ? up.
  • marc123
    Options
    Todd from breaking bad has the worst luck...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many episodes deep is season 2? I've been slacking on this show this year and last year was GOAT status.
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    How many episodes deep is season 2? I've been slacking on this show this year and last year was GOAT status.

It's 5 episodes in. which means we're halfway through the season as there are a total of 10. and if you thought season 1 was excellent, then imo youll like season 2 as well. as far as professional critics are concerned, the reviews of this season trump the first. it has a 96 overall rating on metacritic compared to an 85 for the first. now when it comes to viewers, the opinion is more mixed. ive seen many who, like you, thought season 1 was exceptional. but they dont seem to like this season as much. i think what may be influencing that opinion the most is the fact of there not being any character to the caliber of malvo or lester. and to an extent, this is true. however ill argue that there are more memorable characters this season than there were the last. because outside of the aforementioned, the rest of the supporting cast was average to below average. thats not the case this season. strong performances throughout. and also the writing and directing is better, and the sprawling narrative is larger in scope. id suggest you watch and catch up on it now. it truly is the best show on tv.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show is all around Great. I just watched all 5 episodes over the last 2 evening & this has been excellent so far even better than the first
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Might be the best show on tv. Got around to watching season 1 as Im watching season 2. S1 was good, but S2 is blowing it out of the water.

When in comes to great characters, acting, dialogue and little to no useless scenes, this is the closest show I have seen to The Wire.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might be the best show on tv. Got around to watching season 1 as Im watching season 2. S1 was good, but S2 is blowing it out of the water.

When in comes to great characters, acting, dialogue and little to no useless scenes, this is the closest show I have seen to The Wire.

Really?

I think this is a good show, but there is BB, BE first series of True Detective might be better than this.
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    BB acting, dialogue, and characters doesn't come close to the wires. imo
  • Ounceman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

Really?

I think this is a good show, but there is BB, BE first series of True Detective might be better than this.

In regards to breaking bad since it has had a longer run and more seasons, if we're judging it collectively as a whole i can definitely see the argument in favor of it there. but since fargo is only 2 seasons in with the 2nd not even being finished yet. if we're judging breaking bad at the point of where fargo is currently, it falls short. BB imo didnt start getting exceptionally good(and certainly not as good as fargo is now) until the 3rd season