Colin Cowherd Leaving ESPN reports say

MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/16/colin-cowherd-leaving-espn-whats-next/

Colin Cowherd, a prominent national voice on ESPN radio since 2003, is leaving the network, multiple industry sources tell The Big Lead. While no destination is finalized, talks are progressing towards a deal with Fox Sports. The move away from the Mothership does not come as much of a surprise for anyone who follows these things closely, or has been listening to Cowherd’s show for the past few months.

But, the timing will leave a gaping hole in ESPN Radio’s weekday lineup and has broader implications about where some things are going both in Bristol — few will forget the great talent exodus of 2015 at ESPN, which has seen the network lose other outspoken voices in Bill Simmons and Keith Olbermann — and in general sports media. The difference here was that ESPN did make an aggressive bid to keep Cowherd, but was upstaged by Fox, who are clearly looking to make a big splash.

“We’ve enjoyed a mutually beneficial run with Colin for over a decade,” ESPN president John Skipper told TBL in a statement. “He came to national prominence on ESPN with his unique perspective on sports and society. Endings also bring new beginnings, for ESPN and Colin, and we thank him and wish him the best.”

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott Van Pelt show is way better than Colin Cowherd anyways
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    His radio show is one of the best programs on ESPN in my opinion. Its not too serious but its still not over the top like first and drama queen. He also has defended black athletes trying to get their money and using free agency to their advantage (lebron decsion).
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    His radio show is one of the best programs on ESPN in my opinion. Its not too serious but its still not over the top like first and drama queen. He also has defended black athletes trying to get their money and using free agency to their advantage (lebron decsion).

Dude's been goin at John Wall for no reason for years on some racist ? , ? em
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever since Wall did the dougie in 2010 in his first game as a pro, Colin been ? on him, FOH
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

not for no reason he said john wall was immature but talented. then he brought it back up when his crew got in trouble on that flight. but if you listen to the show he has always said dude was talented after his recent playoff performances.

he pretty much has said he would take Chris Paul or Kyre Irving over wall to be the pg for his team.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    detcatinva wrote: »

that doesn't exist anymore he left the show its just Ryan now.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    detcatinva wrote: »

that doesn't exist anymore he left the show its just Ryan now.

damn didn't know. I don't have time to listen to radio while at work. ryan is good too but I feel he is better paired with someone else.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colin Cowherd's show, on his good days, is the best sports talk radio there is.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Colin Cowherd's show, on his good days, is the best sports talk radio there is.

This
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    To me Colin is hit or miss.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    5th Letter wrote: »
    To me Colin is hit or miss.

yeah he is hit or miss some days ill be skipping through ? but yeah when he has a good show its some of the best stuff on espn.
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Dude is garbage. I don't see how anyone can listen to this guy
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Ever since Wall did the dougie in 2010 in his first game as a pro, Colin been ? on him, FOH

It's more of a personality type thing it has nothing to do with race. Colin didn't like walls immaturity he came in the lague with. He also likes point guards and QBs to be more mature and making better choices.

Colin has defended lebron and pointed out the racial hate he got for the decsion to go to miami.

hes also pointed out and called out callers who wont admit old white rural people hate the NBA because its all black players but then watch inferior college ball because they want to see more white faces.

the kid was 19 and just got drafted and all he did was a damn dougie.

also, wall>kyrie
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the few times i did check dude show out he was hit or miss, more miss, just seemed boring listening to him doin all that talkin seemingly to himself. he was cool when he filled in on mike and mike tho
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    The ironic thing is he usually disagrees with people leaving ESPN to do sports talk elsewhere because he says they lose the machine behind them...he was talking about that when that ? Michelle Beadle left then came back.
  • MillzOG
    But damn, Cowherd and Simmons the Goat both gone..only person left is Bomani, everybody else is trash
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MillzOG wrote: »
    The ironic thing is he usually disagrees with people leaving ESPN to do sports talk elsewhere because he says they lose the machine behind them...he was talking about that when that ? Michelle Beadle left then came back.

yeah he says that all the time lol and its 100% true. people leave espn and they go missing on cable news or radio. i hope colin doesn't go mia because much more famous espn names have been lost in popular sports talk going to fox or cbs etc etc.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But damn, Cowherd and Simmons the Goat both gone..only person left is Bomani, everybody else is trash

You don't ? with rucco and Rothenberg and kay?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance to Cowturd...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

People actually liked Edward James Olmos in the face POS.. He was nothing more then annoying homer to me...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    One of the biggest things that made me a fan was this a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmpzf4PjNY

• MillzOG
    Beta wrote: »

You don't ? with rucco and Rothenberg and kay?

I like Rucco, Pablo torre, SVP, and of course Russillo the other GOAT
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! ? ! Yeet! finally !