Why is KD to Nola such an unrealstic choice?

silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
I get it. Its wishful thinking from my part, ima fool according to yall to even beleive this but can someone really explain to me why we (as in Pelicans) cant even be a considerable option?
A team with the potential best and second best player on the same team trounce all those other destinations. Big markets are passe, KD will get his money and had enough with endorsements etc. And Him and and AD are very close. Our system is uptempo, ran by one of the most respected and liked coaches in Alvin Gentry. Also New Orleans is a nice size market thats not too flashy and homegrown for a humble cat like Durant. And we would have the cap to afford him. KD finally gets the keys on the offense side while AD become a legend on the defense. SO MUCH LENGTH, SCORING, DEFENSE AND SPEED. Best 1-2 combo since Shaq and Kobe. Two humble superstars with the love of the game and not hollyweird/big lights media ? .

So IC fam, please explain why this ? is not possible? I think the three biggest suitors will be OKC, Nola, and DC.

anthony_davis_edit_by_newtdeigns-d8fffn3.jpg

kevin_durant__thor__wallpaper_by_kevin_tmac-d7a4eqv.jpg

KD-AD 2016
http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2015/06/16/making-the-kevin-durant-to-the-pelicans-dream-a-reality/

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durant is either staying in OKC or coming back to DC. I really see it has nobody else really has a chance.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If KD hit the free agent market he leaving OKC. If he is staying then that contract would have been signed. Bird Rights.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the NBA gods wouldnt allow it thats why
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance for consideration sorely depends on if Alvin Gentry can improve this team significantly in 1 year to compete with all the power houses in the West. I don't think just saying, 'we have AD!' is good enough considering the other established competition that's already there.

In 2 years, I think there would be enough time to increase the reputation of the organization enough to chase a free agent like Russell Westbrook when he hits the market but KD just seems highly unlikely to me right now til we find out what Alvin Gentry can bring to this team.

It's gonna take the combination of AD, a reputation of a winning organization, and the reputation of the head coach to convince another superstar to come to New Orleans. All we got to show for right now is just AD at the moment.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wizards hired Durant's high school coach and drafted his protege Kelly Oubre Jr. who KD considers to be a little brother. The writing is pretty much on the wall for him to come to DC.
  • silverfoxx
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Durant is either staying in OKC or coming back to DC. I really see it has nobody else really has a chance.

DC doesnt have enough talent as what he have now, and plus people are only saying DC because of this "im coming home" trendy ? that only Lebron done.
  • ZydecoShawty
    DC plays in the East, and I'll take Wall and Beal over what we have right now.
  • silverfoxx
    O.G. wrote: »
    A team with the potential best and second best player on the same team

He pretty much has about that same potential with Westbrook. KD & Russ are both top 5 no worse than top 10 players.

Him and and AD are very close.

So is KD & Russ.

Our system is uptempo

He will get plenty of looks in Billy Donovan's offense. It ain't like he wasn't getting his shots with Brooks.

KD finally gets the keys on the offense side

He has always had the keys to the offense.

SO MUCH LENGTH, SCORING, DEFENSE AND SPEED.

OKC has all of that imo when you consider Ibaka will be back and a full season with Katner. Who's faster than Russ?

Best 1-2 combo since Shaq and Kobe.

KD & Russ are in the convo

Russ got a taste of that "lead dog" ? last year. He is gunning for the MVP spot which result in a battle for the number 1 option and create tension between the two. AD and KD are both mirror reflections of each other and will gel better on the court IMO. Billy Donovan offense is much more ball movement, and Monty Williams is the Lead Assistant so expect much more slower pace IMO.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to guess I would say at the moment KDs list is

1.OKC
    2.DC
    3.LAL
    4.GSW
    5.HOU
  • silverfoxx

Wall and Beal combined isnt touching Westbrook. Westbrook is a top 5 player in the world.
  • ZydecoShawty
    O.G. Kanter should never be mentioned when the word 'defense' is included.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silverfoxx wrote: »

Russ got a taste of that "lead dog" ? last year. He is gunning for the MVP spot which result in a battle for the number 1 option and create tension between the two.

link?
  • silverfoxx
    edited July 2015
    If I had to guess I would say at the moment KDs list is

1.OKC
    2.DC
    3.LAL
    4.GSW
    5.HOU

How is LAL even a possible destination? I just dont get this way of thinking. No one cares about the "bright lights " ? anymore and they dont have enough pieces to make him believe they can make a jump in the potential department anytime soon. Dude wants a finals run, not waiting around for rookies to hopefully blossom.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

DC doesnt have enough talent as what he have now, and plus people are only saying DC because of this "im coming home" trendy ? that only Lebron done.

Lmaooooo wishful thinking like a....

Nobody is going to NO to play for Alvin Gentry or with Tyreke Evans

And lol at going home being a trend now

Was it a trend when T Mac chose Orlando

Lastly, going to the Wizards would be more like going home than them other ?

DC and a few PG cities are literally a crosswalk apart
  • ZydecoShawty

Wall and Beal combined isnt touching Westbrook. Westbrook is a top 5 player in the world.

I miss read you originally, I thought you said what 'we' have.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue why he'd stay in the West if he left OKC
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

? LeBron ain't the first ? that went home FOH with that ? .
  • silverfoxx
    R.D. wrote: »

Yall ? keep saying im wishful thinking only because its New Orleans, but when AD becomes the best in the world soon will the city even matter? ? going to CLEAVLAND to play with LBJ bruh. And Yes Holiday a top 5 defensive PG when healthy, Evans one of the best finishers in the game, and Gentry the best Offensive coach in the NBA.. Not to mention we got the best Defensive Assitant in the league. Its not like AD is the only thing we can offer. ? really only think that ? . Its a reason why we were on winning streaks when AD was hurt last year. We got talent, uits just health and coaching havent been on our side.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much more money is left after ADs contract?
  • ZydecoShawty
    A

Yall ? keep saying im wishful thinking only because its New Orleans, but when AD becomes the best in the world soon will the city even matter? ? going to CLEAVLAND to play with LBJ bruh. And Yes Holiday a top 5 defensive PG when healthy, Evans one of the best finishers in the game, and Gentry the best Offensive coach in the NBA.. Not to mention we got the best Defensive Assitant in the league. Its not like AD is the only thing we can offer. ? really only think that ? . Its a reason why we were on winning streaks when AD was hurt last year. We got talent, uits just health and coaching havent been on our side.

That's why I think we should be more focused on getting the most out of what we have first before we start thinking about looking elsewhere. This team can't truly compete with a injured Jrue Holiday.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. Kanter should never be mentioned when the word 'defense' is included.

I was talking about his length and scoring.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

slight disrespect to john wall
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was KD, I'd rather have the current Thunder supporting cast than the current Pelicans supporting cast.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015

are we sure about bolded already?! and i dont think its the city of New Orleans that would be the reason a superstar wouldnt come

and why not just let things play out this year, they got a nice team if healthy as u said, plus i dont think ad really need to play with another top tier superstar, maybe a complementary superstar, if that.