Batman(1989) vs. Iron Man

Options
the ghost
the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Better Movie?

o5qcyr.jpg

20b1ncz.jpg

Batman(1989) vs. Iron Man 41 votes

Batman
87%
northside7dalyricalbanditRecaptimus_Prime360jee504lord nemesisthe ghostBroddiethemadlionsfanbigbird_1king hassanearth two supermandallas' 4 evaillestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchoCapitalBnujerz84Idiopathic JokersoulfulcatCrude_gemini86 36 votes
Iron Man
12%
clairvoyanceAjackson17TRILLip BrookssilverfoxxFishNChips 5 votes

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Batman
    Im not big on comicbook/superhero movies un the first place but Batman gets the nod off the strength of Keaton, Jack, and Billy Dee Williams
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Ironman was cool but Batman was a classic movie.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Batman again Monday on Netflix. Was even better than I remember. Nicholson's joker holds up still. He was crazy as ? . Heath gets praise for his insanity as Joker, but Jack killed it too!
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Batman is one of my favorite movies. Iron Man was cool but I'm giving the edge to Batman. Keaton and Nicholson nailed their characters.
    tumblr_nqf7euNXhj1s5v0leo3_500.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Batman
    Iron Man was damn good. Still my favorite Marvel Studios release.

Batman however is a timeless classic.

That production design, that cinematography, those performances and that music! It was the perfect storm and set the blueprint for blockbusters going forward.
  • 507fliped
    507fliped Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Batman hands down. U can pick just 1 Batman animation movie over any Ironman movie or animation & Batman will win.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman definitely has one of the all time goat themesongs. So goat it carried over to the animated series and carried on tradition.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Prince did the soundtrack..
    Joker was that ? ..
    and Keaton had natural batman eyebrows..

what more could u ask for??
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    i literally just watched batman on netflix and to watch it now as an adult was really a good experience. Keaton did a good job and Jack... He did an amazing Joker
  • Broddie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Batman
    One of my favorite movie scenes of all time it's both ? hilarious and sadistic. 100% Joker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4s-lkYm0w
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    lol how is this even a contest
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Batman (1989) was heavily underrated; I remember this was one of the first movies I saw in theaters back in the day.

Keaton and Nicholson put in work.

I think this movie was closer to Nolan's Dark Knight than its given credit for.

Prince did his thing on that soundtrack too.

Just an all around great movie from top to bottom it's unfortunate that the studio wanted to move away from the darker grittier Batman in Keaton to the more kid friendly cartoonish Batman in Kilmer.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man
    I clearly need to rewatch Batman...
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man
    Man y'all getting nostalgic when y'all vote. Iron Man is easily better then Batman 1989. The better debate would be Batman Returns with the Penguin and Catwoman. That was a true classic IMO.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Batman
    Can't speak for anybody else but there is no nostalgia in my vote. Pure objectivity.

Batman is better directed and more dynamically engaging than Iron Man. It has the more memorable score, it has the superior performances, better pop culture music soundtrack and a much more inspired production design that incorporates everything from Noirish and Art Deco to Gothic landscapes with 70's and '80's flair that is pretty timeless and doesn't date the movie.

A stylistic choice so inspired that the same approach was used in The Animated Series. That's not a knock on Iron Man just that not many movies in that subgenre are on Batman's level (including other Batman movies). It really was a perfect storm.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man
    I watched batman 89 a couple months ago

And it was very cringe worthy. So corny and dated

Iron man is the best mcu movie
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Man y'all getting nostalgic when y'all vote. Iron Man is easily better then Batman 1989. The better debate would be Batman Returns with the Penguin and Catwoman. That was a true classic IMO.

'89 Batman is a classic, but I gotta admit I've always felt Returns was better. Great ambiance, atmosphere, and performances. It's definitely not for everyone though.
    I remember as a kid, all the entertainment tv shows were debating whether or not it was too dark, violent, and weird for children.

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man

Winter Soldier?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Batman
    I was watching this movie when I was trying to figure out a screen name and this scene happens. ? dope

Batman (1/5) Movie CLIP - You Can Call Me Joker (…: https://youtu.be/63iuB-cSY7Q
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched batman 89 a couple months ago

And it was very cringe worthy. So corny and dated

You got to look past the dating. It was made in '89 for Christ sake. The performances and character depictions in the movie were better than Iron Man, period. Yes, RDJ bodied Tony Stark, but Nicholson's Joker was better. The style of the movie was better. It wasn't your CGI laced blockbuster that Iron Man and every other movie is now. It stood on its own, especially in '89. Iron Man was no different than any other comic book movie before or after, stylistically.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Iron Man

Winter Soldier?

Iron Man >Avengers>Cap 2
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit