Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe should've at least kicked out right there
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock bout to be gone with the belt for another two months smh.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was hoping for more from this match
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe taking that ? at SS
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    swear to ? b

tenor.gif

i'm in my feelings right now
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great match. Short but sweet.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe taking that ? at SS

Read today the plan is roman vs brock at ss, wit roman winning, so they moving them up instead of waiting till mania
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Brock bout to be gone with the belt for another two months smh.

He gotta come back for SS I think Joe gets the strap there.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    I never judge a match/ ppv by who wins and loses. This was a good ppl, Brock vs Joe was good, nobody looked weak.
  • TheBossman
    Options
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe and brock was always planned as a one and done match, rematch aint happining, summerslam was always brock vs braun, now its supposedly brock vs roman
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppv was avg, nice touch on the ambulance match tho especially post Match n Corey's commentary lol

I knew Brock would win n I'm glad it wasn't a squash but I'm still slightly disappointed, 1 F5? Meh
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The show was better than I expected it to be with the name of it. My biggest gripe is the way a handful of the matches ended.. The Joe/Lesnar match was better than I expected as well but it should've taken more than one f5
  • da-great1
    da-great1 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Options
    Link to a review on my site if any brehs want to get in and write some things
    https://fteswl.com/2017/07/09/wwe-great-? -of-fire-2017/
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao that was attempted murder though b
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    Just finished watching it, great show I thought. Tag match was MOTN.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    [Img]http://dailyddt.com/files/2017/06/wwe-great-? -of-fire-logo-1496907410-800.jpg[/img]

WWE Great ? of Fire!!! A brand new pay-per-view created because Vince McMahon is really a 12-year-old pervert at heart. With a name like this, GBOF struggled months before it ever went live on the WWE Network. However, as the weeks passed, the card started to take shape and took the event from a joke to a pretty stacked show on paper.

(Pre-Show) Neville (c) vs. Akira Tozawa (WWE Cruiserweight Championship)

Neville is one of the best in-ring performers the entire company has to offer, but also has the ring psychology and intelligence to make his matches even more a pleasure to watch (and believable). Both showed off some great offense, but the finish blew. I assume they were saving most of their tricks and a better finish for a rematch that doesn’t take place on a preshow. Make sure you tune in for that one.

-Neville wins via top rope ? kick and a kick to the gut. C+

Bray Wyatt vs. Seth Rollins

I guess they wanted to get this one right out of the way, eh? The Kingslayer vs. Mr. Pin Me, Pay Me. This match has some pretty decent back and forth with nothing too exciting in between. Midway we had a stiff spot of Seth's head being spiked into ring apron, followed by a weird groan/growl/MMMMM noise from Booker T on commentary. The big surprise of the night came in this match when the commentators didn't throw in our face how the apron is ACKTCHUALLY the hardest part of the ring. Bray got to exercise some power moves on Seth like an impressive looking Uranage, which should be really be upgraded to a secondary finisher of his. Booker T growl count: 5.

T'was a decent match, but neither man benefited from the ending. There is nothing monstrous or mysterious about sucker finishes like a stupid (missed) eye poke. The match was at least the least boring thing of this entire feud.

-Bray Wyatt wins via thumb to the upper lip, followed by Sister Abigail. C+

Enzo Amore vs. Big Cass

Now comes the first match out a few that is preceded by some great build-up. Enzo came out and cut another fantastic promo. Cass came out to Default Create-A-Wrestler Music 4. DELETE!! This match had one of the night's best quotes "I like Enzo - he's a good guy. But my next door neighbor is a good guy too. And he's not going to help me win championships!" by Booker T, who is ? . The line would have been better if his neighbor wasn't in fact Stevie Ray. This match was a squash, as expected, with Cass showing how he has no moveset. This, coupled with an unimpressive showing on Raw Talk, doesn't give me much hope for Big Cass' singles run.

-I forgot how the match ended, and so did you. Big Cass wins. D+

Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. The Hardy Boyz - 30 Minute Ironman Match (WWE Raw Tag Team Championships)

These two teams have been going at it for months now. The idea of yet another Hardyz/Cesheamus match seemed daunting, yet this match added even more fuel to this already hot feud. The Hardyz hold the luxury of always having the crowd with them. Couple that with the heat Sheamus and Cesaro have earned themselves with their heel turn and you have some hot fiyah!

The match started off hot with a Brogue Kick and pinfall within the first 15 seconds. Typically quick falls in these kind of matches look stupid - a match that usually goes 15 minutes, but gets quick pinfalls merely in the name of the stipulation? However, this looked good, got Sheamus and Cesaro heat, and told the story of them being prepared to defend their belts championships (sorry, Vince). The obstacle of Ironman matches is making the entire match feel important, as opposed to only the last 5 minutes. All 4 guys did a great job making every piece of this feel special. Even Sheamus, who has been the Brie Bella of the group, made this match exciting.

Booker T growl count: 9. At this point, you know Kevin Dunn is telling him to shut the ? up.

After falling behind 0-2, the Hardyz hit a Poetry In Motion, Side Effect, Twist of Fate combo to earn them their first pinfall... then they got counted out and fell behind 1-3. Innovative variations of both team's signature moves kept things interesting, like Matt Hardy transitioning a backslide into Jeff's spit-legged, reverse, legdrop, pin thingy.....

Matt Hardy hit a tornado DDT for a super close pinfall. A middle-aged woman in the crowd diarrhea'd her pants.

djid1jqpjnw1.png

Not sure when, but Matt got busted open something nasty. The ending came after Jeff Hardy FINALLY hit the Swanton Bomb on Sheamus. Unbeknownst to Jeff, Cesaro had made the blind tag, which begs the question why the referee didn't bother telling anyone the tag was made for 15 whole seconds. This ref sucked. Cesaro rolled up an exhausted Jeff to go up 4-3, before running around the outside of the ring like Jerry the mouse. Hopefully this is one step closer to us getting The Broken Hardyz. Great tag match, regardless. But with as much referee fuckery that went on, this feud definitely doesn't seem over. Jeff definitely got his shoulder up during that last pinfall. #NotMyTagChamps

-Cesaro & Sheamus win as time expires. B+

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks (WWE Raw Womens Championship)

From bell to bell, this match was a solid outing, yet there still wasn't much to this one. Double-jointed Alexa Bliss does a spot where it looks like she dislocated her arm. Sasha Banks looked concerned and Michael Cole marked out. Apparently, they don't watch Smackdown where Alexa did the same exact spot. Toward the end of the match, Alexa withstood Sasha's signature Bank Statement submission longer than Charlotte ever did. Sasha may or may not have carried this to be Alexa's best match on the main roster, which unfortunately is not saying much.

After the match was called off, Sasha jumps off of the announce table, hitting Bliss with a flying ? press to the face.

-Sasha Banks wins via countout. C+
  • KillaCham
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The Miz (c) vs. Dean Ambrose (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

Next came the 5,836th Miz and Ambrose match that nobody asked for. Bo Dallas, Maryse, and Perfect's son interfered a ton in Miz' favor. There is just nothing new about Dean Ambrose or his matches. No one wanted to see this... which means that this feud will continue to the next PPV.

-The Miz wins via cheap shot from Bo Dallas and Skull Crushing Finale. C-

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman - Ambulance Match

RAAHHHHWRRRHHH!!!! Braun is the ? and so is this feud. This fight war made both men look incredibly strong. The action spills to the outside of the ring, right where both of these guys belong. Roman gives two ineffective chair shots to Strowman's arm. "Hit me again, you son of a ? !" Braun roars, which reminds me of the night my girl and I got in trouble for that domestic. Up the ramp, Braun yanks the monitors out of the announcing table, which turns out to be for no reason at all since the table was never used. However, this did give us a nice shot of Michael Cole getting his Elian Gonzalez on as he clings to Corey Graves in fear of his life (2:23:10 on the network, if you wanna laugh).

3b05348.gif

Braun ragdolls Roman off the stage into the ambulance, beats him with the ambulance backboard, rags him back onto the stage. Roman superman punches Braun a few times and pushes him through the stage screen. This was chaotic; two powerhouses colliding with the crowd eating it up. Strowman gets positioned in front of the ambulance door and just when you thought Roman would spear him into it, Strowman dodges and Reigns goes flying into the back ambulance. This was sudden, clever and ? hilarious.

-Braun Strowman wins via Roman Reigns is stupid. A-

But of course, Roman can't just take an L and WWE just can't help themselves. Roman Reigns being a Hulk Hogan level of sore loser jumps back out of the ambulance, hitting a spear on bRAWWRRn in the process. In short, Roman throws Braun into the ambulance, drives out into the garage, and rams it into a trailer while driving in reverse. Samoans sure do love their vehicular manslaughter. Either way, a banged up Strowman ends up leaving under his own power after the jaws of life peels him out of the ambulance.

What a perfect time for a double turn, or at least the long overdue Roman Reigns heel turn, right? But in typical WWE fashion, they'll ignore common sense and the entire audience in favor of doing whatever the hell they want. But hey, at least a babyface finally won a match for the night......

Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe (WWE Universal Championship)

Seems like they have a little extra in the budget this month as a Brock Lesnar match actually went over 5 minutes. Before The Advocate Paul Heyman could finish introducing his beast, Joe ambushes him from behind and the fight is on. Brock spills out of the ring and Joe hits him with a Uranage right through one of those filthy non-American announce tables. Oh, then the bell rings. Joe applied the Coquina Clutch choke on 4 different occasions, giving illusion that he may actually defeat the beast. Brock ended up booking Joe a one-way trip to Suplex City anyway. This match had enough hype to easily headline one of the big 4 PPVs. However, the finish did not live up to the hype with such an anti-climatic ending. Both men still ended up maintaining their level of credibility with this badass performance and Joe’s momentum continues to skyrocket after a rocky first 6 months on the WWE main roster. I'm truly excited to see where Joe goes from here.

-Brock Lesnar wins via F5. B

With how boring the WWE product has been as of late, Great ? of Fire comes as a refreshing slap in the face. Hopefully WWE recognizes what they're doing right and continues this trend.

Final Booker T growl count: 17

Overall grade: B-

"NNMMMMMM"
  • KillaCham
    Options
    @da-great1 mad late. Just had to re-watch it again though. Plus I always type too much.