Difference between Latino, Hispanic and Spanish..

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Haitians speak a creole language that differs from French though. Not sure that can be considered derivative of Latin

? they speak french creole

A creole is it's own language. Go look up some linguistics.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I called this one Puerto Rican a Mexican, dude pulled a knife on me. Man I almost ? on myself. Apparently, they hate that
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haitians speak a creole language that differs from French though. Not sure that can be considered derivative of Latin

Haiti speak Kreyol and French
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Haitian Creole is 90% French vocab
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Today, owing to France's past overseas expansion, there are numerous French-based creole languages, most notably Haitian Creole. A French-speaking person or nation may be referred to as Francophone..

French is the Official language in 29 countries
    Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu
  • D0wn
    Options
    I called this one Puerto Rican a Mexican, dude pulled a knife on me. Man I almost ? on myself. Apparently, they hate that

U should of pulled out ya 22 from ya reebok shoes
  • LUClEN
    Options

Today, owing to France's past overseas expansion, there are numerous French-based creole languages, most notably Haitian Creole. A French-speaking person or nation may be referred to as Francophone..

Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu

French is not Latin and only 42% of Haitians speak it.
  • D0wn
    edited July 2015
    Options

Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu

Where u get info from?
    Out Ya Ass institute?

The Romance languages— sometimes called the Latin languages, and occasionally the Romanic or Neo-Latin languages—are the modern languages that evolved from spoken Latin

The five most widely spoken Romance languages by number of native speakers are Spanish (410 million), Portuguese (216 million), French (75 million), Italian (60 million), and Romanian (25 million)

Haitian Creole
    Native to: Haiti
    Native speaker : 9.6 million
    Language family: French Creole, French

Writing system:Latin (Haitian alphabet)
    Official status: Official language in Haiti
    Recognised minority
    language in Cuba

Had 2 give u that work real quick.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Any latino who ain't Mexican hates being called that ? but Puerto Ricans hate that ? x10. That ? is considered an insult to call somebody who ain't Mexican Mexican just like it's considered an insult among black latinos when people automatically assume we're ? Domincan. I've cussed people out over that ?
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man lets just keep it 3hunna, Y'all all mixed up and ? , and confused as hell. Y'all just caught up in the white mans divide and conquer plot. Spanish white devils putting labels and ? on the babies that came from ? and assimilation. You got straight up ? from places that were assimilated by the spanish and portuguese claiming everything but what they actually are(A ? !!!!) lol. Y'all aint ? but stolen africans dumped off in south america and all them islands, native american/european(Spanish) offspring, Straight up european(spanish), and mutts as a result of mutts mixing over the years who forgot they origins. All y'all speak spanish lol

That's pretty much what all that ? is in a nut shell. Whites just tried to put a label on all of their "creations". IT'S CONFUSING ASS ? that needs to die.
    Copper wrote: »
    This is America, they all Mexicans
    Beat me to it! In california, arizona, and texas, You's a ? damn messican. aint nobody got time for all that confusing ass ? .
    You aint never lied. Come to cali and make that mistake lol. I've been told by many spanish speakers who's family origins lie in other places in central/south america. That they don't ? with mexicans. That ? blew my mind. All this time I thought us black folks were so divided. Somebody said they give all spanish speakers a bad name. I also heard they always starting ? at soccer games lol. Dude from el salvidor(however you spell that ? ) straight up told me that nobody like mexicans. Puerto Rican's really don't like mexicans, I have no idea why.

Same ? with the asians. A lot of them don't ? with the chinese, mongolians, or cambodians. Japanese really don't like the chinese.

Man, I learned a lot growing up/hanging around these people lol.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Man lets just keep it 3hunna, Y'all all mixed up and ? , and confused as hell. Y'all just caught up in the white mans divide and conquer plot. Spanish white devils putting labels and ? on the babies that came from ? and assimilation. You got straight up ? from places that were assimilated by the spanish and portuguese claiming everything but what they actually are(A ? !!!!) lol. Y'all aint ? but stolen africans dumped off in south america and all them islands, native american/european(Spanish) offspring, Straight up european(spanish), and mutts as a result of mutts mixing over the years who forgot they origins. All y'all speak spanish lol

That's pretty much what all that ? is in a nut shell. Whites just tried to put a label on all of their "creations". IT'S CONFUSING ASS ? that needs to die.
    Beat me to it! In california, arizona, and texas, You's a ? damn messican. aint nobody got time for all that confusing ass ? .
    You aint never lied. Come to cali and make that mistake lol. I've been told by many spanish speakers who's family origins lie in other places in central/south america. That they don't ? with mexicans. That ? blew my mind. All this time I thought us black folks were so divided. Somebody said they give all spanish speakers a bad name. I also heard they always starting ? at soccer games lol. Dude from el salvidor(however you spell that ? ) straight up told me that nobody like mexicans. Puerto Rican's really don't like mexicans, I have no idea why.

Same ? with the asians. A lot of them don't ? with the chinese, mongolians, or cambodians. Japanese really don't like the chinese.

Because they're ? Mexicans lol...nah in all seriousness it's because the image of Mexicans is what defines the identity of latinos to non latinos and it's annoying having to constantly explain to people why you don't speak spanish like a 90s tv character from Southern California
  • LUClEN
    edited July 2015
    Options

Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu

Where u get info from?
    Out Ya Ass institute?

The Romance languages— sometimes called the Latin languages, and occasionally the Romanic or Neo-Latin languages—are the modern languages that evolved from spoken Latin

The five most widely spoken Romance languages by number of native speakers are Spanish (410 million), Portuguese (216 million), French (75 million), Italian (60 million), and Romanian (25 million)

Haitian Creole

Recognised minority
    language in Cuba

You gave me work alright... I have to work to dispel this nonsense you're pushing. The romance languages are derived from Latin, Haitians speak a language derived from French. There's no direct link as there's a language between them. Not to mention the language's African influence separate it from other languages based on French lexicon.

I got the 42% figure from Wackopedia, but it seems the numbers are even lower (roughly 5-10%) as reported here, here, and here.
  • D0wn
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Any latino who ain't Mexican hates being called that ? but Puerto Ricans hate that ? x10. That ? is considered an insult to call somebody who ain't Mexican Mexican just like it's considered an insult among black latinos when people automatically assume we're ? Domincan. I've cussed people out over that ?
    I thought most ppl assume blk latinos to be from Cuba?
    Like in Mexico, n other surrounding areas if u blk n speak spanish, they call u Cuban because so many Cuban defect to central america . Then travel to get to The u.s.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options

Because they're ? Mexicans lol...nah in all seriousness it's because the image of Mexicans is what defines the identity of latinos to non latinos and it's annoying having to constantly explain to people why you don't speak spanish like a 90s tv character from Southern California
    This ? still has me confused. I've heard all kinds of reasons why none of y'all spanish speakers like messicans. This is just another.

What did they do to y'all to cause this hatred? I NEED ANSWERS!. My potna dad is from mexico and his mom is from puerto rico. He stay talking ? about mexicans. He claims puerto rican because he's embarrassed of his mexican roots. ? had me in tears because the whole time I thought he was messican(like I think all spanish speakers are).
  • blackrain
    Options

Like in Mexico, n other surrounding areas if u blk n speak spanish, they call u Cuban because so many Cuban defect to central america . Then travel to get to The u.s.

I was mainly talking about Americans. Other latinos may think Cuban until they actually hear you speak. I've had people tell me to my face "I didn't even know a country named Panama existed"...
  • D0wn
    Options

Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu

Where u get info from?
    Out Ya Ass institute?

Haitian Creole

Recognised minority
    language in Cuba

You gave me work alright... I have to work to dispel this nonsense you're pushing. The romance languages are derived from Latin, Haitians speak a language derived from French. There's no direct link as there's a language between them. Not to mention the language's African influence separate it from other languages based on French lexicon.

I got the 42% figure from Wackopedia, but it seems the numbers are even lower (roughly 5-10%) as reported here, here, and here.

Im not gonna argue anymore about Haiti in a spanish/ latino thread.

Majority of french creole is french based. Ofcourse its not the same thing, its a creole.
    I learned in my french class, Haitian creole is classified as a francophone language.
    The same way french is a classsified romance language which comes from Latin.

Also in my french class , kids who spoke french creole learned the language the fastest....gee wiz, i wonder why?

While U using info from freelance beat writers. I use info from the Académie française, which is the pre-eminent French council for matters pertaining to the French language. It classifies french creole as part of the franco language.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.IT´S A MIX OF THE 2.BUT IT´S ALL ? CAUSE WE ALL BLACK.
  • blackrain
    Options

This ? still has me confused. I've heard all kinds of reasons why none of y'all spanish speakers like messicans. This is just another.

What did they do to y'all to cause this hatred? I NEED ANSWERS!. My potna dad is from mexico and his mom is from puerto rico. He stay talking ? about mexicans. He claims puerto rican because he's embarrassed of his mexican roots. ? had me in tears because the whole time I thought he was messican(like I think all spanish speakers are).

Lmao. Mexicans don't even like each other. Get Tex Mex and Cali Mex and ask them lol. Some of it boils down to stupid ? Mexicans do and certain assimilation values they've expressed. Some of it is a by product of the fact that in America both good and bad latino= Mexican. So while it's good people think of nice weather and bad ? it's annoying people also assume you got 9 illegal aunt and uncles with 3 cousins named Baby Joker all living in the same house just because that's the image of Mexicans. In turn that distaste gets taken out on them.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    @blackrain

Bruh!, see what I mean? White man got y'all all in here going back and forth over some white devil made up ? smh. ? in here googleing and wikapediaing they ? off.

If this aint solid proof that the white man ? this world up, then I don't know what else to show you.

Brother @nujerz84

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the spanish white devils who caused all this confusion. I'm not the one who stole your identity/culture, erased your past, replaced it with a new one, and forced you to create your own smh.
    It's the white mans fault, and don't you ever forget it! No matter how hard they try to bury the truth.
  • LUClEN
    Options

Belgium
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Comoros
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Djibouti
    Equatorial Guinea
    France
    Gabon
    Guinea
    Haiti
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Mali
    Monaco
    Niger
    Republic of the Congo
    Rwanda
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Switzerland
    Togo
    Vanuatu

Where u get info from?
    Out Ya Ass institute?

Haitian Creole

Recognised minority
    language in Cuba

Im not gonna argue anymore about Haiti in a spanish/ latino thread.

Majority of french creole is french based. Ofcourse its not the same thing, its a creole.
    I learned in my french class, Haitian creole is classified as a francophone language.
    The same way french is a classsified romance language which comes from Latin.

Also in my french class , kids who spoke french creole learned the language the fastest....gee wiz, i wonder why?

While U using info from freelance beat writers. I use info from the Académie française, which is the pre-eminent French council for matters pertaining to the French language. It classifies french creole as part of the franco language.

A Bunch those countries do not even speak separate languages, they're just different dialects of the same language, unlike Haitian creole. The third link I posted is from the University of Florida and posits that only 5% of Haiti is fluent in French, with an additional 5% being somewhat competent in the language.

I'm still unconvinced that is enough to chalk up Haiti as a Latin country. We don't do it for Congo or Morocco so what makes Haiti different?
  • D0wn
    Options

I was mainly talking about Americans. Other latinos may think Cuban until they actually hear you speak. I've had people tell me to my face "I didn't even know a country named Panama existed"...

Spanish ppl told u that ? ? Or in the u.s?
    ? , i was talking to some chick from Peru, who said she never knew Blk ppl lived in Peru... i hit her with the ill face.
    I had to ask her, if ppl in Peru just walked around in circles.
    I mean, if u see ? in the u.s, u definitely have to see ? down there. There's waaay more blks in latin america, than in north america.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOME BIZARRE FACTS THAT NONE LATINO PEOPLE DON´T KNOW IS THAT YOU CAN HAVE WHITE PEOPLE IN YOUR FAM AND THEY BE LATINO AS MUCH AS A BLACK PERSON DARK AS WESLEY SNIPES.? IS WEIRD IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT.
  • blackrain
    Options
    @blackrain

Bruh!, see what I mean? White man got y'all all in here going back and forth over some white devil made up ? smh. ? in here googleing and wikapediaing they ? off.

If this aint solid proof that the white man ? this world up, then I don't know what else to show you.

Brother @nujerz84

Don't shoot the messenger, shoot the spanish white devils who caused all this confusion. I'm not the one who stole your identity/culture, erased your past, replaced it with a new one, and forced you to create your own smh.
    It's the white mans fault, and don't you ever forget it! No matter how hard they try to bury the truth.

Racial dynamics in Latin America differ from country to country. Its an interesting thing
  • LUClEN
    Options

Spanish ppl told u that ? ? Or in the u.s?
    ? , i was talking to some chick from Peru, who said she never knew Blk ppl lived in Peru... i hit her with the ill face.
    I had to ask her, if ppl in Peru just walked around in circles.
    I mean, if u see ? in the u.s, u definitely have to see ? down there. There's waaay more blks in latin america, than in north america.

Peru has less Black folks than places like Colombia or Venezuela
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    1. "Hispanic" often refers to Spanish-speaking countries of origin. This includes Spain but excludes Brazil, meaning that Spaniards are often considered Hispanic but Brazilians are not.
    ...unless you think "Hispanic" goes back to "Hispania" and then Brazilians are back in
    Some of my Latino homies say they're black
    these are not mutually exclusive