Lilith

Options
jetlifebih
jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
yo anybody have any knowledge on lilith?

is she real or just a myth?

from what i have been reading her existence seems plausible

i have not read genesis yet in the bible in order to get an understanding of the whole situation but it sounds interesting

for those who dont know and are just reading through lilith was allegedly Adams first wife before eve. It is alleged that she was created from dust like adam but instead of being created in gods image, a mist from the depths of the earth(Satan/Devil) formed her creation so she is created in the image of the devil (allegedly) She is supposedly referenced in Genesis. Some say she is Leviathan, others say she was created before eve. She existed before adam was moved to the garden of eden and said to have gone to the red sea because of an disagreement she had with Adam about being created equal. Some say that during sexual intercourse Adam wanted her beneath him (? ) but Lilith says they were created at the same time equally and should be face to face or at least rotate who is on top (she was a lil freaky bih) but due to their disagreement and Adams unwillingness to compromise, she flew to the red sea. ? sent angels to retrieve her but she refused to return. Adam was then moved to the garden of Eden where the animals were as well and needed a partner. Eve unlike Lilith was created from Adam in the image of ? thus making her and partner FOR Adam not OF Adam(working FOR instead of WITH) Feminist have idolized Lilith for her Martyr like behavior in unwilling to submit to Adam. Now all of this is allegedly so dont quote me or chop my head off

whole idea is interesting to me anybody else have any knowledge or can clear this ? up for a young bul?

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The mother of succubi.

The omission of Lilith is another example of Abrqhamic sexism. Much like the feminine deities in Egyptian mysticism, Abrahamic religionists are threatened of a dominant and aggressive woman. They would rather have a docile female who is in a constant state of fear and submission than an equal who push the household from the back or pull it from the front whenever necessary.

A woman that loves to ride >>>>>>
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk breh I've only heard of this ? being referenced in vampire novels n ? .
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of the deities of the major religions are real in the sense that they are manifestations of the archetypes in which they embody. for examples, hermes is the same ? as thoth, who is the same ? as Michael. this was a well known phenom in antiquity but has been lost with the slaughter of the priests of the old religions.

so how these "gods" appear all depends solely on your cultural inclination. thats about as far as im willing to go into it on a message board.

the name lilitu has been found on sumerian tablets that are dedicated to incantations, so its clear that the jews adopted her likeliness nad traits from older cultures, with their own cultural spin.
  • crownedwise
    crownedwise Members Posts: 287 ✭✭
    Options
    Lillith isn't real. She's a depiction of what an evil woman would be like. One who wouldn't submit to ? or man. And females weren't expected to be docile. They were expected to not be an embarrassment. They actually were suppose to run the shops translated to own a business and bring wealth in. That's a good woman.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »
    i have not read genesis yet in the bible in order to get an understanding of the whole situation but it sounds interesting
    Genesis is not going to shed light on this. Lilith is basically Jewish folklore stuff from other sources.
    IIRC the break with Adam is just about being subservient and the sex stuff is more of a modern twist on the legend.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The entire Old Testament is Jewish folklore
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's my understanding that lilith preceded adam, but of course the bible doesn't tell the entire story so who knows what's true
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I watched Supernatural and she's the mother of all monsters. She went down kinda easy for a boss character though. She was no match for those Winchester boys.

Seriously though. When people start to realize that these religious texts are just stories thrown together by people with agendas, then questions like this will make more sense. I'm not saying this to down play religion. It's just a fact. You can't pick up the Bible and think that the way it is now was the way it was a couple thousand years ago. Back then the Bible as we know it didn't exist. There were just hundreds of texts out there that told different stories. The people that put it together did so with specific intentions in mind. A different set of people could have put the Bible together and it might be completely different. Lilith might have been the first Genesis woman and Eve would have been the after thought. Hell, someone like Judas could be a hero instead of history's greatest traitor.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just folklore like Rumpelstilksin or Jack and the Beanstalk, but maybe someone like her existed....
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that she was the one the fallen angels taught all their witchcrafts to:
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    There is a woman besides Eve referenced in genesis allegedly

With all of the stories missing in the bible I'm going to say it can not be proven or disproven
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    Idk breh I've only heard of this ? being referenced in vampire novels n ? .

I remember Lilith from true blood. you read vampire novels though? I hope youre not into twilight
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well I watched Supernatural and she's the mother of all monsters. She went down kinda easy for a boss character though. She was no match for those Winchester boys.

Seriously though. When people start to realize that these religious texts are just stories thrown together by people with agendas, then questions like this will make more sense. I'm not saying this to down play religion. It's just a fact. You can't pick up the Bible and think that the way it is now was the way it was a couple thousand years ago. Back then the Bible as we know it didn't exist. There were just hundreds of texts out there that told different stories. The people that put it together did so with specific intentions in mind. A different set of people could have put the Bible together and it might be completely different. Lilith might have been the first Genesis woman and Eve would have been the after thought. Hell, someone like Judas could be a hero instead of history's greatest traitor.

Very true, religion in the end is a culture system that becomes widespread. There's a reason Christianity is most popular in areas that were dominated by Christian conquerors, and Islam most popular in areas dominated by Muslim conquerors. Christianity is changing in many ways now because of culture, look at all the American and European churches having female pastors or even supporting ? weddings. It's because American and European cultures are changing how they view these things. Jesus himself claimed to be changing some of the culture of the Old Testament, so we can see how religions just morph and change for whatever time a culture becomes different. Basically, religion is man made culture.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Very true, religion in the end is a culture system that becomes widespread. There's a reason Christianity is most popular in areas that were dominated by Christian conquerors, and Islam most popular in areas dominated by Muslim conquerors. Christianity is changing in many ways now because of culture, look at all the American and European churches having female pastors or even supporting ? weddings. It's because American and European cultures are changing how they view these things. Jesus himself claimed to be changing some of the culture of the Old Testament, so we can see how religions just morph and change for whatever time a culture becomes different. Basically, religion is man made culture.

im taking a history class now and you stand correct according to the cacs texts, it seems as if religion didnt propser by the powerful word of the "lord" it prospered by the hand of the sword....? is crazy how them ? used religion as a method of order and influence but for the sole purpose of control....

i wonder how much knowledge has been lost due to conquest and conversion....

the more i read and learn about history the more sus organized religion looks
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The entire Old Testament is Jewish folklore
    that's PROBABLY why i added the bold part here:
    janklow wrote: »
    Lilith is basically Jewish folklore stuff from other sources.
    as in "not the Bible"

• kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

im taking a history class now and you stand correct according to the cacs texts, it seems as if religion didnt propser by the powerful word of the "lord" it prospered by the hand of the sword....? is crazy how them ? used religion as a method of order and influence but for the sole purpose of control....

I can't even imagine all the knowledge and artifacts that were lost. And yeah religion historically spread the most after wars and conflicts, the winners get to spread their religion around, losers get their religious priests killed and others get scared and convert. If Spain, Portugal, England and other nations didn't go around the world taking land and resources with priests or pastors all up in the mix, Christianity wouldn't be widespread as it is now.

Without the ? expansion of the Ottoman Empire, I doubt Islam would be the 2nd biggest religion in the world now. To be fair, trade is also a big reason religion spread, I'm still debating with myself on if trade or war spread organized religion faster.
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I can't even imagine all the knowledge and artifacts that were lost. And yeah religion historically spread the most after wars and conflicts, the winners get to spread their religion around, losers get their religious priests killed and others get scared and convert. If Spain, Portugal, England and other nations didn't go around the world taking land and resources with priests or pastors all up in the mix, Christianity wouldn't be widespread as it is now.

Without the ? expansion of the Ottoman Empire, I doubt Islam would be the 2nd biggest religion in the world now. To be fair, trade is also a big reason religion spread, I'm still debating with myself on if trade or war spread organized religion faster.

no doubt

but you have to admit that the thought of a higher being came from somewhere but where in the mix did it become a tool for power and who recognized that it would work on the masses

the idea of using religion as a tool is almost as much of a evil genius as the idea of jim crow
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2015
    Options

no doubt

but you have to admit that the thought of a higher being came from somewhere but where in the mix did it become a tool for power and who recognized that it would work on the masses

the idea of using religion as a tool is almost as much of a evil genius as the idea of jim crow

Where in the mix? Good question, higher powers are something most people believe in but the rules of religion are made by the prophet's belief system. Or a religious council that has its own agenda for how they want people to behave. In all organized religions, there are parts that are left in holy books and parts left out. Just depends on the bias of whatever council or leader is organizing the religion. And yeah religion has been a great tool for the powerful, it can motivate soldiers to ? better, take land from others more, motivate people to pay taxes more, etc....
  • Scroter
    Scroter Members Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? hoes in the lillith daily
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Any of the deities of the major religions are real in the sense that they are manifestations of the archetypes in which they embody. for examples, hermes is the same ? as thoth, who is the same ? as Michael.
    Michael? I've read different. I read that Hermes=Thoth=?
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've made peace with this explanation:
    Copy and pasted this from another site

Lillith - The First Wife of Adam

These are my notes and thoughts. I thought it would just be easier to present the info this way than in a long article form.
    Lillith- first wife of Adam, the creation story told of man/woman in Genesis chapter one is not the same as the one mentioned in Gen. 2
    -in the first creation story of man and woman, they were both created out of the clay out of the ground.
    -in the second creation, Adam was put to sleep, and a rib was taken out of him to create woman, the first one named Eve.
    -two different creations that has been suppressed for thousands of years...so they wouldn't have to explain who Lillith was, or they were hiding what she does in the background so she could operate with impunity and people coming against her for her crimes against mankind.
    -Lillith left Adam and began consorting and having offspring with Lucifer and everything and anything else, fallen angel, beasts, whatever...having a pre-fallen differently created body from Eve's after the fall, it is written that Lillith could have up to 300 offspring a day, but in judgment for her rebellion against the Most High and refusing to go back to Adam she would lose 1/3 of them at birth.
    -Lillith was well known about throughout mankind's early history, King Solomon and others had also consorted with her and had offspring with her.
    -taking the title as the queen of heaven and worshipped as a false goddess she typically presented herself as a fertility goddess as if that was one of her problems...it was simply a mockery of it and every culture had their own names for her and different personifications of her.
    -she was the icon of sexual deviancy, immorality, lewdness, her kingdom focus has always been on sex. Adult sex, pornography, child pornography, ? , prostitution, homosexuality. she has no morals, boundaries, inhibitions or morality. Everything about her was her obsession with sex with man, woman, child, or animal.
    -the Babylonian and Egyptian cultures were littered with homage's to Lillith focusing on fertility and the sex act, of procreation and the glorification of sexual body parts.
    -meanwhile Lillith roamed freely on earth as the demon witch of the night often depicted as the screeching owl, Succubus where she would ? men in their sleep (where the term wet dreams originated from), and she would ? infants under 6 months of age, which in our time is widely known as Sudden Infant death Syndrome or SIDS.
    -in ancient Israelite lore they would put charms of protection above their babies at night to ward off Lillith from killing them.
    -according to the records of the Ancient of Days Lillith is responsible for just over 1.8 billion deaths of babies under the age of 11 months old...attacking them and suffocating them at night while they slept.
    -Meanwhile the information of her has been suppressed and today most people don't even know she existed outside of Satanic circles who worship her.
    -the Ishtarte, Baal and Tammuz was a story concocted to mimick the real Mary, Joseph and Jesus of the Bible.
    -Lucifer mimics, copies and recreates his own version of everything in mockery of the Kingdom of Heaven and to have an opposite of everything that already exists in heaven. He should know, he lived there for millions of years before he rebelled against Father, the Most High, and started a rebellion against the Kingdom of Heaven and the Father. In the Bible the parable of the prodigal Son was a metaphor of Lucifer's rebellion.
    Back to Lilith...
    -not only did Lilith produce offspring on earth, but in space also.
    -the Asian races on earth are the original offspring of Lilith. That's why they're so much different than Adam's kids. They are the original descendents of Lilith and Lucifer, while the country of India, are the original descendents of Lilith and Cain. That is why those 2 cultures are the oldest on earth, and very much different from Adam's offspring and tend to worship false gods and goddesses, demigods, alien beings, temples resembling UFOs (India), worship of the Dragon (another name for Lucifer) etc..
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She not as dope as Morrigan but I still mess with her. Morrigan has way bettering range attacks and setups.

lilith-fly.gif
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lillith isn't real. She's a depiction of what an evil woman would be like. One who wouldn't submit to ? or man. And females weren't expected to be docile. They were expected to not be an embarrassment. They actually were suppose to run the shops translated to own a business and bring wealth in. That's a good woman.

I never existed.... I like that.