Naughty By Nature's Treach: New Jersey's a "No Funk Flex Zone"

RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
Funkmaster Flex upset some fans on Monday (July 27) after failing to come through on a promise to play Meek Mill's diss track aimed at Drake, and Naughty By Nature's Treach spoke out on the situation.

The veteran East Coast rapper made it clear that he was no longer welcoming Funk Flex into New Jersey after tweeting, "NO FUNK FLEX ZONE YOU WILL NEVER GET A DOLLAR IN JERSEY AGAIN YOU B***H A** N***A!!"

Treach of Naughty By Nature is very upset at what he believes is disrespect shown by New York radio stations that didn't honor Hussein Fatal of The Outlawz, after he died.
The New Jersey rapper singled Hot 97's Funkmaster Flex out on Tuesday, July 28, by issuing a no fly zone for his state to the DJ.
fatal.PNG

Comments

• RickyRich
    jono wrote: »
    What songs could they play? I mean the ? dont even qualify as a hype man. They never played a muhufucking note of his ? before he died either i bet.

ya i guess hes more consider underground .
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treach the goat
  • RickyRich
    edited July 2015
    Treach the goat

get yo ? ass outta a real hiphop thread
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovoCapo wrote: »
    Funkmaster Flex upset some fans on Monday (July 27) after failing to come through on a promise to play Meek Mill's diss track aimed at Drake, and Naughty By Nature's Treach spoke out on the situation.

The veteran East Coast rapper made it clear that he was no longer welcoming Funk Flex into New Jersey after tweeting, "NO FUNK FLEX ZONE YOU WILL NEVER GET A DOLLAR IN JERSEY AGAIN YOU B***H A** N***A!!"

Treach of Naughty By Nature is very upset at what he believes is disrespect shown by New York radio stations that didn't honor Hussein Fatal of The Outlawz, after he died.
    The New Jersey rapper singled Hot 97's Funkmaster Flex out on Tuesday, July 28, by issuing a no fly zone for his state to the DJ.
    fatal.PNG

Flex could host a party in jersey next week.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna do this thread, but couldn't get the pic to work, anyway treach buggin on this one. Dude has no music anyone wants to hear
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treach was his nephew? damn treach was close with Pac and his ?
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more underground radio stations

Set up some jobs for the next generation
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Treach was his nephew? damn treach was close with Pac and his ?

Nephew as in homie/ace/friend
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    It would've seemed disingenuous if they would've started playing Fatal's music after he died.
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Yall buggin man Fatal was nicer on the mic than some of the ? u love to hype on here

Treach is absolutley right Flex a ? and its well documented that he hates anything Pac related with a passion...but Jersey showed that they dont ? about the last time they checked him .

Lets see how this one plays out cause Treach got alotta pull out here in Jerz
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYC always hesitant to show other east coast regions love
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your own radio station on Satellite, Internet or Terrestrial.

Flex is a cubicle worker
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »

?
  • nujerz84

?

ask Naughty By Nature the reaction they got in NYC when they said they was from Jersey.. keyword "hesitant"
  • Brother_Five

?

ask Naughty By Nature the reaction they got in NYC when they said they was from Jersey.. keyword "hesitant"

Naughty came out like 20 years ago and always got rotation on radio... same for Redman... same for Latifah...
    they videos always got love on Video Music Box...
    I don't know what angle u approaching this from honestly...
  • nujerz84

?

Naughty came out like 20 years ago and always got rotation on radio... same for Redman... same for Latifah...

Lol at Angle, its from the group own ? mouth and again the keyword is "hesitant" does not mean they didnt get love. NYC is always hesitant to embrace and support anything from out of town..? today they barely support NYC indy/underground hiphop scene.
  • Brother_Five

?

Lol at Angle, its from the group own ? mouth and again the keyword is "hesitant" does not mean they didnt get love. NYC is always hesitant to embrace and support anything from out of town..? today they barely support NYC indy/underground hiphop scene.

what is your/their definition of NYC? I never experienced the ? y'all be claiming... NYC don't like this ... NYC don't like that...
    let y'all tell it NYC don't support anything, yet they play the ? on the radio and in the clubs.. somebody lying™
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

what is your/their definition of NYC? I never experienced the ? y'all be claiming... NYC don't like this ... NYC don't like that...
    let y'all tell it NYC don't support anything, yet they play the ? on the radio and in the clubs.. somebody lying™

Did you ever live in NJ? Then youd know damn well NYC always looked down on NJ
  • 5th Letter
    Fugees got love, Latifah got love, Redman got love, Joe Budden got love and so did Naughty. Hot 97 always played their records during their mainstream primes. Hot 97 hardly plays NY rappers so I don't think they have a slight against Jersey, it's just how the radio is these days, they get dictated to in terms of what to play.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Fugees got love, Latifah got love, Redman got love, Joe Budden got love and so did Naughty. Hot 97 always played their records during their mainstream primes. Hot 97 hardly plays NY rappers so I don't think they have a slight against Jersey, it's just how the radio is these days, they get dictated to in terms of what to play.

Ppl from nj always had to earn respect from nyers since nycers think they the center of the universe. Ill try to find the link but both queen latifah and treach both talked about how they got hated in because they were from nj and the fugees all lived/rep both ny and nj, redman ran with pure ny dudes filming videos out there etc
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »

Ppl from nj always had to earn respect from nyers since nycers think they the center of the universe. Ill try to find the link but both queen latifah and treach both talked about how they got hated in because they were from nj and the fugees all lived/rep both ny and nj, redman ran with pure ny dudes filming videos out there etc

oh boo hoo ?
    NY rappers went down south and got booed too
    you gotta earn every regions respect
  • 5th Letter

Everybody has to earn respect regardless of where you're from. The first hip hop record on wax was by a Jersey group, so Jersey is as important to hip hop as NY.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol NY rappers had to earn the NY audience respect also, the ? yall thought you ? were special or some ? ?
  • Brother_Five
    edited July 2015

?

Did you ever live in NJ? Then youd know damn well NYC always looked down on NJ

um... I lived in NY most of my life and never heard cats at a party say "turn that New Jersey ? off!"