George Zimmerman Says He’s Homeless, Suffers From PTSD And $2 Million In Debt

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
zimmerman16n-1-web.jpg?enlarged

George Zimmerman says his problems continue.

He told a Spanish language television station he is now homeless, battling post-traumatic stress disorder, more than $2 million in debt and lives in fear for his life.

Zimmerman opened up on the Univision television show "Aquí y Ahora" (Here and Now) that will air Sunday on the Spanish language station at 7 p.m.

Zimmerman also discussed his well-known struggle with 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, an African-American teen who was walking in Zimmerman's neighborhood in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012.

After he called the cops, the two got into a fight that ended with Martin's death

Zimmerman said he now lives in fear that his life is in danger. He has worn a bullet proof vest and follows a safety plan when he goes out in public.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN ARMED WITH GUN IN LATEST INCIDENT

He is also $2.5 million in debt from the trial — although he raised $350,000 online to pay for his defense.

Of those donors he says, “[To] those people I owe my freedom, because without them we could not have the experts we had, we could not have paid for the documents we [needed]."

Recently he had planned to take part in a celebrity boxing match with rapper DMX but the promoter announced last week it was canceled. He is not working and lost his health insurance.

Since the trial, he has been in the news for a variety of other matters, including a speeding ticket and a police call to his home over a domestic dispute with his wife.

"Honestly, I [would] love to live a calm life without being in the press. I’d like [to be treated like] any American citizen — have a ticket ... or an argument ... [and] not have everyone aware," he said. "But that ... that's my life and I do not understand why that is, but I'm living my life as I have always lived, " he said.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.