10 Most Racist Movies Of All Time

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casablanca

Entire film set in Africa and not one African in it

Tarzans

All of'em...seriously... Just watch one of those old joints and see how they depict Africans
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any movie depicting white Jesus or white Egyptians is racist to me especially xmen apocalypse.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about any movie made by white people with American Indians in it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    The monkeys in The Jungle Book are borderline racist but i still ? with Jungle Book

Not as bad as Dumbo but I won't let my son watch it off gp... although I'll probably change my mind soon because there are so few movies acceptable for toddlers...

On another note, I nominate The Bee Movie for consideration...

Yea its nowhere near Dumbo

The king monkey just has a black mans voice (not sure if was actually voiced by a black man or not) and likes Jazz and dancing.

Its mainly just that it had to be a monkey

Dumbo was on some other ? tho

Nope... white dude... with black voice... was an orangutan singing about wanting to walk and talk like the kid...
    That's Disney though... you can do that with most of not all their films...

Looked it up. The orangutan name was King Louie and it was actually written for Louie Armstrong but the producer didnt want to offer it to him because he felt it would cause controversy offering a black man to voice an ape.

They went with an Italian Jazz musician Louis Prima

This is what I was getting at earlier. It can get to a point where blacks could lose opportunities because people are trying to avoid the appearance of racism.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember watching Dumbo in elementary school and didn't think anything of it.

When I got older and saw it again in Africana Studies class, I was like damn...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gran Torino imo

get off my lawn zipper head!

When he rolled up on the black dudes
    *what are you ? 's up too*
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's hilarious is that whenever u bring up the blatant racism in movies around white people, their response is "White Chicks". As if lampooning rich, white valley girls is akin to portraying blacks as stupid, shiftless, and violent. America the great...
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie back to the future was racist.

They put Marty in the trunk and said "I dont want any trouble from no ? smoking spooks." #DatsRacist.

Then they tried to say that Chuck Berry, Stole "Johnny B Goode" from Marty McFly, who just stole it from Chuck Berry, when rock & roll as a whole, was stolen from Chuck Berry. Ike Turner. Little Richard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1i5coU-0_Q
  • Dave2one6
    Kevin Smith's "Chasing Amy."

Self explanatory. Watch this short clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The monkeys in The Jungle Book are borderline racist but i still ? with Jungle Book

Not as bad as Dumbo but I won't let my son watch it off gp... although I'll probably change my mind soon because there are so few movies acceptable for toddlers...

On another note, I nominate The Bee Movie for consideration...

Yea its nowhere near Dumbo

The king monkey just has a black mans voice (not sure if was actually voiced by a black man or not) and likes Jazz and dancing.

Its mainly just that it had to be a monkey

Dumbo was on some other ? tho

Nope... white dude... with black voice... was an orangutan singing about wanting to walk and talk like the kid...
    That's Disney though... you can do that with most of not all their films...

Looked it up. The orangutan name was King Louie and it was actually written for Louie Armstrong but the producer didnt want to offer it to him because he felt it would cause controversy offering a black man to voice an ape.

They went with an Italian Jazz musician Louis Prima

Lol... could you imagine? They had good intentions, I guess... maybe I'll let my son watch it knowing it could've been even more racist...

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    The movie back to the future was racist.

They put Marty in the trunk and said "I dont want any trouble from no ? smoking spooks." #DatsRacist.

Then they tried to say that Chuck Berry, Stole "Johnny B Goode" from Marty McFly, who just stole it from Chuck Berry, when rock & roll as a whole, was stolen from Chuck Berry. Ike Turner. Little Richard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1i5coU-0_Q

I really hope this isn't a serious post.
  • BenjaminE
    The Dark Knight... Joker was killing Black people left and right with pencils, pool sticks and shotties...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    star wars episode 3 is much more racist than episode one soley on the way mace windu gets killed. that ? was a goat lightsaber fighter and the battle sequence of his death was one of the worse battle scenes in the history of star wars. RIP Mace they ain't ? you off in goat fashion.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    star wars episode 3 is much more racist than episode one soley on the way mace windu gets killed. that ? was a goat lightsaber fighter and the battle sequence of his death was one of the worse battle scenes in the history of star wars. RIP Mace they ain't ? you off in goat fashion.

What are you talking about? The battle between the Emperor and Mace was dope. There was no battle sequence for his death. He was snuck by Anakin and then double teamed by the Emperor. So basically the Sith Master and the Chosen One had to pull some foul ? to take Mace out. That's not a bad look for him.
  • BenjaminE
    The Dark Knight... Joker was killing Black people left and right with pencils, pool sticks and shotties...

In fact, I'm noticing a pattern with Nolan films... remember the beginning of Inception? And the revolving room scene?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

man I noticed that too. Besides Lucious Fox every black person was given an L, the original Commissioner, dude with the pencil, my ? Gamble, the cop he killed with the shotgun and this ? even tried to blow up a ferry full of black prisoners, oh lets not forget the cop he shot in the hospital when he visited two face.........? Chris Nolan for that
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, season 3 has been meh so far.
  • BenjaminE
    texas409 wrote: »

man I noticed that too. Besides Lucious Fox every black person was given an L, the original Commissioner, dude with the pencil, my ? Gamble, the cop he killed with the shotgun and this ? even tried to blow up a ferry full of black prisoners, oh lets not forget the cop he shot in the hospital when he visited two face.........? Chris Nolan for that

Yea man, he was killing ? in the most disrespectful manner possible... by surprise, point-blank range... Joker was hosting mandingo fights before Django...
  • Dave2one6
    Ok, let me go deep with this racism thread.

In the movie "Guess who's coming to dinner," Sidney Poitier was a doctor. They never said what the white girl was. Did it matter? Did he HAVE to be a doctor to even catch her eye? What caught his eye? rhetorical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QiEqWcYrA
  • The Lonious Monk
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    Ok, let me go deep with this racism thread.

In the movie "Guess who's coming to dinner," Sidney Poitier was a doctor. They never said what the white girl was. Did it matter? Did he HAVE to be a doctor to even catch her eye? What caught his eye? rhetorical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QiEqWcYrA

The answer to your question is "Yes." At that time, he pretty much had to be a doctor for that story to have any reasonable traction to the public.
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    how is goodbye uncle tom a racist movie?