Professionalism and sore winners.

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
why is it ok to be a sore winner?

Slowly but surely are we witnessing the lack of professionalism?

while i fully understand sore losers. but to be a sore winner? WTF.

ok hear me out first. this is not limited to MMA and boxing...just using them as an example.

we look at people saying alot of controversial things during the build up to a fight. its to sell the fight. even if it gets personal usually most people will keep a level of professionalism after the fight and say sorry or at least act like they respect the sport and opponent.

Lets use a few examples. A.Silva and mayweather and then rousey and wiedman.

rousey seems to be ok being a ? before and after a fight regardless. her latest fight she seems to almost laugh at her opponent as her rival is humbled.

we look at weidman.....right after he KO'd silva the first thing that comes to mind is "? ? ". that what he says after HE wins. he then goes on to say...how silva disrespected the sport, plays in thr ring...yadda yadda.

we look at mayweather, who sells fights and very professional after the fight and says ? to promote the next fight but always respects his opponent when he doesnt have to anymore. but he respects his craft.

A. Silva, i have my own theories but i always saw him be professional towards his opponents also.

I dont even want to start on adrien broner...sore winner, sore loser, sore strip club attendee and lacks professionalism and work ethic and everything else.

just my take but

lets talk about it....football, futbol, bball...whatever.

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure MMA/boxing is the best place to look for good sportmanship
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I wouldnt take a situation where someone has made some sort of disparaging comments towards you then in turn you.. win and rubbing it in their face as a sore winner. That not taking the high road but its not being a sore winner.

Now if there is no context for .. "sore winning" then that is a different story but if someone takes a slight uses that as fuel.. becomes the victor and is no a high after winning the fight that is their prerogative.

Sore losers are worse.. Countless times i witness people going at it in competition and the one who loses makes all sorts of excuses like..

" i wasnt even playing for real"
    "you still suck"
    " I scored this many points"
    (Most of the time they are the ones who assumed they would take the victory...just cause they stepped no the field of play)

because they try to make a justification for losing to make themselves feel better and throw water on their oppositions victory ? is funny..

YOU LOST deal with it.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Cater to losers culture is sad.

Ain't no difference between rubbing in it and throwing a big party after you win the championship.

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White privilege. Ronda and Weidman can be ? because white media spins ? white behavior win or lose as "Passion." The only time it is even slightly mentioned as ? is when it's from a super tatted, "urban acting" white guy. And even then it's more he has "not quite matured yet" like Jason Williams back in the day.

You can't celebrate as a black athlete because it's "bragging and poor sportsmanship" and not "taking things seriously." You think Anderson Silva didn't train to be able to embarrass the absolute ? out of people for a decade? He just woke up, put on tights, and styled on people? It is what it is: racism. Ronda's a petty little twatcicle. Weidman's name looks like the German equivalent of White Man.

With that said, I think being a petty ass winner is worse than a sore loser. Losing is supposed to hurt. ? am I mad about if I win? I knocked you out, but I'm bumping you after the fight when you want to congratulate ME for ? YOU up (Ronda)? Losers look bad accepting defeat. Winners look lame as ? not being gracious in victory. It's like saying, "Yo, I really got beat up and squeaked by, so I gotta overcompensate and treat the loser worse to hide it."
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    This Cater to losers culture is sad.

Ain't no difference between rubbing in it and throwing a big party after you win the championship.

but thats not rubbing it in....thats celebrating your win...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    bump for the weidman loss
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hunkies / Meskins all of em hate even competing with blacks. You could have a ? circle drawing contest and they gotta have Trump in the background, " Don't tread on me shirts" flags and all kinda ? to be super extra and then go super hard while we coast through it. I'd rub it in2 ANY ? non blacks face. Always a racial angle from them ? and i learned VERY well Look at anytime 1 of us achieves. Always some snide ? . White QB's are Intelligent, Smart, Quick 2 Decipher while Black QB's- He's a buck, so strong, lucky, slick, gifted but never smart! ? em I shine anyway but would pour on TOO much sauce in their presence and the world and explain Y even if no 1 gave a ? about listening cuz I did!