The Official 2015/2016 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Options

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The good news is that's the only weakness of the team. It's an issue that can finally be a priority next offseason like the front 7 was this year.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't put too much into last night cause they were trying out a different OL and the Dolphins got the best DL in the NFL.

If they still have the same problem on Thursday then I'll be worried.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Yea, you're right. They still can use a few O-linemen though.
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grady Jarrett is making his presence felt out there on defense. I like they focused on the running game this week considering it has been subpar all preseason.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Couldn't watch the game. I heard that Coleman had about 8 ypc. How'd the O-line look overall?
  • bigduece69
    Options
    The OL looked good considering Jake Matthews wasn't out there and the Ravens didn't have their starting front 7 beginning the game. They were opening holes in the run and did fairly well in pass protection until Rex Grossman got in the game during the third quarter. I still feel like the OL is going to be an issue this season.

One thing that has me worried about this new offensive scheme are designed plays with Matt Ryan rolling out the pocket. If the protection don't hold up, he's going to get killed.
  • bigduece69
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just got LG Andy Levitre from the Titans for a 6th round draft pick and a conditional. It's good to see they're addressing a need and not just rolling with what we got.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    Just got LG Adam Levine from the Titans for a 6th round draft pick and a conditional. It's good to see they're addressing a need and not just rolling with what we got.

the-rock-clapping.gif

Coach Quinn not playing with these ? mane. I said earlier that this team just needs a Center, OG & RT. 1 down, 2 to go. Bro, I'm excited for next season for the first time since 2012 when we traded for Asante. No ? coach to hold the squad back this time. Quinn did, in ONE offseason, that I've been begging for Mike Smith to do for 3 years. Address this front 7 & improve the O-line. It's ? beautiful. I'm almost teary eyed.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta say ...I'm really ? with the Falcons this year ...I like the rookie running back and they got some good young defensive players coming along ...I could easily see a strong 5-11 for them this year
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Gotta say ...I'm really ? with the Falcons this year ...I like the rookie running back and they got some good young defensive players coming along ...I could easily see a strong 5-11 for them this year

Week 3.....see ya soon
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    The OL looked good considering Jake Matthews wasn't out there and the Ravens didn't have their starting front 7 beginning the game. They were opening holes in the run and did fairly well in pass protection until Rex Grossman got in the game during the third quarter. I still feel like the OL is going to be an issue this season.

One thing that has me worried about this new offensive scheme are designed plays with Matt Ryan rolling out the pocket. If the protection don't hold up, he's going to get killed.

Yea, he's going to take a few. He knows how to get rid of the ball if necessary though. I'm still in doubt about the Line as well. I'm still a firm believer in the squad making a run, NEXT SEASON, after two more O-linemen are added to the team. Right now, I expect a 9-7 season with a wildcard win. That includes beating the boys by 10.
  • bigduece69
    Options

Yea, he's going to take a few. He knows how to get rid of the ball if necessary though. I'm still in doubt about the Line as well. I'm still a firm believer in the squad making a run, NEXT SEASON, after two more O-linemen are added to the team. Right now, I expect a 9-7 season with a wildcard win. That includes beating the boys by 10.

I got a feeling this year is going to be like the 2008 season where there were no expectations of a winning season and they shocked everyone into 11 wins. Not saying they win that many, but I'm also along the lines of 9 to 10 wins.
  • bigduece69
    Options
    The most surprising cut was Antone Smith, but if he can't stay healthy there's no need to keep him.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The most surprising cut was Antone Smith, but if he can't stay healthy there's no need to keep him.

It didn't surprise me. I wish that he could've stayed but at the end of the day, he was a 3rd string RB, with a "post" rookie contract. That vet minimum money can be spent elsewhere.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Asamoah being cut, was a surprise to me. Not now, but after last season, I just knew he was the best O-lineman on the team. Injuries are a ? , ? happens. It's all good, we traded for his replacement. We have to draft/sign a RT & Center next year though.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Jay Adams ‏@FalconsJAdams 7m7 minutes ago
    The Falcons were awarded C Gino Gradkowski and released C Joe Hawley

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    I'll be at the game, Monday, in the skybox. I won't get too ? though. I'll try to keep a close eye on the O-line, Coleman, Vic & the FS.

This looks like our O-line on game day.

Matthews-Levitre-Stone-Chester-Schraeder

With Bryce Harris, Adam Levitre & Gino Gradkowski added at the last minute, I expect some changes to be made but we'll see.
  • bigduece69
    Options
    Wish I could attend the game myself. I see they are supposed to have Jake Long come back for a visit tomorrow, so it's going to be real interesting to see if they give him a contract. Not only that, who will they cut to bring him on?
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Source: Falcons G Andy Levitre restructured deal upon trade. Now due $23.25 through '18 (was due $27.3M). None guaranteed past 2015.[/size]

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 11m
    11 minutes agoNewington, CT
    Levitre's base salary for 2015 is now $1.5M (down from $6.5M) as he got a $5.5M SB from ATL. That drops his cap hit from $6.5M to $2.875M.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    TD out here doing work.....still bout $14 million under the cap.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Kelsey Conway AtlantaFalcons.com Twitter

After missing three days of practice this week, WR Devin Hester will not play against the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

Following Saturday’s practice, head coach Dan Quinn announced that WR Devin Hester and LB Brooks Reed are the two Falcons who are ruled out for Monday’s game.

Hester was unable to participate in any capacity of practice this week.

WR Eric Weems is next up on the depth chart to fill in for the Falcons' kick and punt return duties.

Between the 2009 and 2010 seasons, Weems amassed over 1,100 kickoff return yards. In his eight-year career, he has a total of 3,186 kickoff return yards and 815 total punt return yards.

WR Roddy White, S Robenson Therezie, LB Joplo Bartu, RB Devonta Freeman and T Jake Matthews all fully participated in practice on Saturday and are listed as probable for Monday’s game.

http://www.atlantafa...51-86de2eb08a7b
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Game Day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJT105oKe2I

I guess folks ASSume the squad is sorry because of the 13 out of 22 injured starters in 2013 & the incompetent coach that blew 21 point leads in 2014. Health & a ? coaching staff won't hold the squad back this season.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    Happy with the win......

Matt's interceptions ? me off but he pulled off the W. He played "so so" but I expect him to improve. New system, he'll be aii.

Coleman played well, high upside and proved why he should continue starting with 4 ypc tonight.

Julio is that ? , Roddy played his role, Hankerson had like 4 penalties(wtf?).

Defense played like ? in the 2nd half but let's be real, they won the game at the end of the 2nd quarter. That TO that resulted in an easy TD was just enough to make the comeback too much for Philly.

The collapse, on both sides of the ball, in the 2nd half felt like Smitty was on the sidelines. But the dominance by the defense in the 1st half hasn't been seen in a LONG time, with the exception of that Giants game.

That D showed flashes of something great. I'm confident Julio, Roddy, Coleman & Matt can give us a strong playoff push with that Defense.