14. Harry Carson
15. Marcus Allen
16. Marv Levy
17. Bud Grant

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Link to article/reasoning, you can tell the guy who wrote this is one of those nerds infatuated with stats and believes that should be the only criteria when up for consideration:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/pro-football-nfl-hall-of-fame-who-doesnt-belong-worst-troy-aikman-canton
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Joe namath doesnt belong ? numbers are garbage. ? literally had more interceptions than tds
  • Rampage12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Joe namath doesnt belong ? numbers are garbage. ? literally had more interceptions than tds

The reason he's in is because of the whole prediction about winning the Super Bowl even though they were huge underdogs, along with his whole Broadway Joe aura. And even though he was the Super Bowl MVP his numbers weren't all that great 17/28 for 206 yards, 0 TD's/0 INT's. It seems like it should've gone to Matt Snell who had 30 carries for 121 yards and a TD or George Saurer Jr. who had 8 catches for 133 yards.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Nah he went too far lol

But Curtis Martin the only one i 100% agree is no Hall of Famer. That's just strange. I remember his entire career he was an afterthought .

John Stallworth and Bob Griese i remember having doubts about
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

The reason he's in is because of the whole prediction about winning the Super Bowl even though they were huge underdogs, along with his whole Broadway Joe aura. And even though he was the Super Bowl MVP his numbers weren't all that great 17/28 for 206 yards, 0 TD's/0 INT's. It seems like it should've gone to Matt Snell who had 30 carries for 121 yards and a TD or George Saurer Jr. who had 8 catches for 133 yards.

co sign bolded
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As if the author is just trying to start some ? .
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, but to say Aikmen and Carter doesn't belong in the Hall is foolish.

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    martin deserves to be in the HOF but he shouldnt have been a first ballot. he did nothing that stood out to me
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Namath is Vinny Testeverde with a title.. only one i agree with .. maybe 3 names i never heard of
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think if Curtis Martin had won a title no one would be saying that about him.

He was just Whitebread as ? but he moved the inches
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopped reading after Troy Aikman. How in the hell is the qb of a dynasty team not worthy of the HOF?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Titles shouldn't matter in football.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Namath is Vinny Testeverde with a title.. only one i agree with .. maybe 3 names i never heard of

One could make the argument Testaverde or even Chad Pennington was better than Namath.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    10. Curtis Martin

• Rampage12
    Options
    I feel like he's ? for attention because even though he was way before my time Ray Guy was the Punter everyone had been supporting to get into the Hall for like 20 years so he's gotta be like the greatest Punter ever right???

But in his defense I had no idea Marcus Allen and Lynn Swann had such average careers. Allen only had three 1,000 yard seasons?!? Swann's career high in receiving yards for a season was 880?!? FOH
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That writer at USA TODAY probably didn't even play high school-level ball, so how would they judge whether a professional athlete would belong in hall of fame or not? Mel Kiper got these stat geeks feeling themselves way too much.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Martin is one of the best backs of all time.

Martin who? Back of what? Foh One of,the nest longevity but hes not
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Martin is one of the best backs of all time.

Argue he deserves to be in the Hall is 1 thing, but' one of the best of all time' now you're off your rocker

That's verbiage saved for top 10, and he is not a top 10 all time back doesn't matter what the rush yards say bc backs in his era got more carries. Him avg exactly 4ypc let's you know

When u think of 1 of the best u think OJ, Barry, Emmit, Dickerson, Peterson, Faulk, Sayers, Payton

Bettis, martin, Gore, names like that are NOT in the same echelon
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcus Allen #'s are crazy low WTF. only 3 1,000 yard seasons. He said Joe Namath was tough to put on list, but Warren Moon isn't smh. I think he is generating an unpopular opinion to get views. He said Warren Moon's pass attempts in a season is 10th now. So that means guys like brees and manning shouldn't get in either huh? LOL @ marvy levy not being in because he got blown out in the SB's