USA Today's List of 17 NFL HOF'ers Who Don't Belong in the Hall

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole list us ? . Moon dont belong but he was I think 3rd all time in oasis g yards when he retired... Carter? Martin? Gtfoh
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    martin deserves to be in the HOF but he shouldnt have been a first ballot. he did nothing that stood out to me

14000 yards isn't "standing out"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? showing their football knowledge with not knowing Martin was elite as ? .

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? showing their football knowledge with not knowing Martin was elite as ? .

If Curtis Martin wasn't an elite back then I don't understand what an elite back is supposed to be. These dudes who are talking ? about Curtis Martin, I honestly don't believe they watched him play.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Nah he went too far lol

But Curtis Martin the only one i 100% agree is no Hall of Famer. That's just strange. I remember his entire career he was an afterthought .

John Stallworth and Bob Griese i remember having doubts about

Curtis Martin is 4th on the all time rushing list silly ?

If he ain't a HoFer neither is LT,Eric Dickerson,Marshall Falk and Jerome Bettis whom all have rushed for less yards in the same amount of years as Martin

IDK what hack wrote this article but lol at some of these names ...lol @ "Curtis Martin was never considered one of the best RBS"

Lmaoooooooo ? was a 3 time all pro a rookie of the year and 2 time rushing leader ....

Yall ? need to stop going to these fuckboiiii websites to get your sporting information ... A lot of this ? is just click bait for someone's struggle ass webpage
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Joe namath doesnt belong ? numbers are garbage. ? literally had more interceptions than tds

Joe Namaith saved the NFL during the merger ...he propelled the AFL into being considered a true competitor to the national football league and allowed people to take the unification serious ...if anything maybe they should have been put in as an "ambassador" ..but either way Broadway Joe deserves his spot
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Joe namath doesnt belong ? numbers are garbage. ? literally had more interceptions than tds

Joe Namaith saved the NFL during the merger ...he propelled the AFL into being considered a true competitor to the national football league and allowed people to take the unification serious ...if anything maybe they should have been put in as an "ambassador" ..but either way Broadway Joe deserves his spot

He didn't wreck in that game though. Just was the quarterback.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    One moment shouldn't get you in the HOF
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Namath was the first QB to ever throw for 4,000 yards in a season.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Martin is one of the best backs of all time.

This is such a broad statement

If you mean, he's one of the best as in top 25-50, ok but Curtis Martin ain't a top 10 RB of all time
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Don't see how everyone is hating on Curtis Martin, yeah he was low key for the most part besides dating Toni Braxton but he rushed for over 1,000 yards every single season he played except for his last one, has the 4th most rushing yards in NFL history, has 90 rushing TD's and 10 more receiving TD's.

Didn't know this b4 I posted that

Still stand by him not being top 10
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Curtis Martin only has three people in history ahead of him.,.,wtf does he have to do?
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Question will Edgerrin James make the hall
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In no order:

Jim Brown
    Barry
    Oj
    Dickerson
    Emmit
    Faulk
    LT
    Walter
    Gale Sayers
    Earl Campbell

I mean some of those guys are in the small group in discussion for best PLAYER to ever play the game, let alone RB

Those giys can say they are the 'one of the best RBs ever'

There's levels people. Ok, Curtis is a hall of famer. Everything else? calm down. He cant walk with those guys above
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Sayers?

Naw. Dude career was too short
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Earl Campbell?

Naw
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, but to say Aikmen doesn't belong in the Hall is foolish.

• Shizlansky
    Options
    Only backs ill take over Martin is

Sanders
    Faulk
    AP
    LT
    Walter

My fav back of all time is Faulk because he's a threat to catch passes.

Brown (hard to say because the DEs was the same size as him and he was like 235)
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Times were different in those eras there were 12 or 10 game seasons for some of those players so numbers/ stats are not going to be spectacular
  • Beefer77
    Options
    My criteria for hall of fame is simple. You ask the question "can you mention the NFL and history and not mention this (fill in the name)_ player. If you can he shouldn't be in the hall.
  • Beefer77
    Options
    Cris carter has the goat hands when it comes to catching one handed and td passes
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nc81 wrote: »
    Question will Edgerrin James make the hall

Idk, he definitely was an elite back for 4-5 seasons. He definitely was on the decline when he went to Arizona and then Seattle for a year. His last year with the Colts was the last time he averaged 4 yards a carry. If you wanna say Martin don't deserve it Edge certainly don't.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really in here saying Curtis Martin don't belong in the hall?

lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so much fuckery on that list
    i thought complex made it
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Titles shouldn't matter in football.

I'd agree why they shouldn't be the end all be all, but to say they shouldn't matter is going too far.
  • Beefer77
    Options
    Is Terrell Davis hall of fame I know he only played 6 years but so did gale sayers