*New* Lauryn Hill - "Repercussions"

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
‘New’ Lauryn Hill music leaked today. Not sure yet if this is actually new music or just unheard older unreleased material

Comments

• Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is definitely pre-Miseducation. You can hear it in her vocal inflection. She sounds closer to her Sister Act 2/Fugees days than anything she did recently.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    This is definitely pre-Miseducation. You can hear it in her vocal inflection. She sounds closer to her Sister Act 2/Fugees days than anything she did recently.

My hopes were up when I saw the thread title, but they were immediately shot down with this post. Thank you, sir.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »
    My hopes were up when I saw the thread title, but they were immediately shot down with this post. Thank you, sir.

I do aim to please..... :tu
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nice...Easy on the ear. Just flows.
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    Well, maybe I don't have the ear as good as yours. I just have no clue when this was recorded. Saw some people thinking this was one of the leftover tracks during the Miseducation session.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lets face it L-Boogie aint coming back. She's mentally damaged now .
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://www.billboard.com/news/lauryn-hill-debuts-on-charts-after-over-1004110098.story#/news/lauryn-hill-debuts-on-charts-after-over-1004110098.story
    [size=+2]Lauryn Hill Debuts On Charts After Over 10 Years[/size]
    by Mariel Concepcion, N.Y. | 8.18, 2010 2:38 EDT

Just weeks after a track titled "Repercussions" leaked on the internet, the elusive Lauryn Hill debuts on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart at No. 94 -- her first debut as a lead artist in over 10 years.

The last time the West Orange, New Jersey, native charted as a lead artist on the tally was back in November 1999, when "Turn Your Lights Down Low," featuring Bob Marley, peaked at No. 49. In 2006, the Method Man track "Say," featuring Hill, charted at No. 66 after 10 weeks on the chart.

The release of "Repercussions" came on the same day the former Fugees member performed at the FESPAD Festival in Kigali, Rwanda last month and fueled the rumors that Hill is finally working on a follow-up album.

Lauryn Hill will be headlining the Rock The Bells tour next month. She will be joined by Snoop Dogg, A Tribe Called Quest and Slick Rick, among others.