The official discussion thread.

Lets get it.

10huoba.jpg

new_orleans_saints_wallpaper_by_darkbeforedawn.jpg

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This next preseason game I am looking for the D-line to step it up. I see Hicks playing and them moving Spencer and Kasim to the ones.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man wtf is going on with Byrd?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This schedule is very favorable for us esp. in November and December.

CDTNI2SVAAAhMkk.jpg
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flatter to deceive ass team, y'all better make the playoffs. I been told Nola is more fun when y'all win
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's ? get it.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a funny feeling about this season. It just seem to easy and good to be true. We should spank these teams but knowing the Saints, they don't respect their opponents so all games been nail biters lately
  • caddo man
    Options
    Trying to get down there for the http://saints5k.com/. Wondering if I should bring the fam so my son can meet the Saints players.
  • caddo man
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    This schedule is very favorable for us esp. in November and December.

CDTNI2SVAAAhMkk.jpg

This is a easy schedule but look at last year. They had Detroit, Cleveland and Atlanta beat. Then they pulled a 3rd and Chavis...........(LSU reference).

The key to this year is Marcus Murphy, Akiem Hicks, and Anthony Spencer.

Marcus Murphy - He could be the second coming of Darren Sproles or the beerman but if he is anything close to those two comparisons. The Saints hit a jackpot at the 7th pick. Having Spiller out until week one. The Saints need to establish a receiving threat out of the backfield to occupy the safeties and linebackers. That will help trying to compensate for no Graham.

Akiem Hicks - No Broderick Bunkley. No problem. At least the Saints wish. Pat Williams is a situational player that cannot give the usual amount of snaps. Hicks needs to start living up to the high praise he has been receiving and bolster that leaky D-line.

Anthony Spencer - The bandages are gone. The surgery is two years removed. Now can the old Anthony Spencer show up. One thing the Saints have alot of is players that have been productive at one point in their careers. Spencer certainly fits that profile. Question is, can he be productive again?
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rob Ryan should've been fired in the offseason
  • caddo man
    Options
    Man they had two more injuries today. The DT and TE they just signed.
  • jee504
    Options
    One position that bothers me is the LB. D-Line should get enough pressure to make for a good secondary. The LBs pass coverage and the gashes the RBs makes has got to be cleaned up.
    As a whole defense, 3rd and Longs (Chavis lol), have got to be better. We let the opposing team extend drives too much. I saw a little bit of that in the first pre-season game. I just hope its not something that becomes normal.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    After that first preseason game which looked like an exact extension of last season, I've lost all faith in Rob Ryan's ability to improve this defense.
  • jee504
    Options
    After that first preseason game which looked like an exact extension of last season, I've lost all faith in Rob Ryan's ability to improve this defense.

Not trolling or anything like that but how would you want our defense to be? With the players we have now, what are our strengths and weaknesses? What scheme would fit us the most with what we have? Its obvious you don't like Ryan and I have my gripes too. We gotta roll with what we got
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

Not trolling or anything like that but how would you want our defense to be? With the players we have now, what are our strengths and weaknesses? What scheme would fit us the most with what we have? Its obvious you don't like Ryan and I have my gripes too. We gotta roll with what we got

Personnel and scheme don't matter if the players are not responding to ANYTHING the coach tries to do. This has happened to Rob Ryan everywhere he's coached, this isn't something just exclusive to New Orleans. There's a pattern and now it's continuing in New Orleans.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im Ready Who Dat!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My girl work for Mercedes benz and she told me I can get free press box tickets at the dome and a free trip to NO for high profile games....

I'm in there
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    My girl work for Mercedes benz and she told me I can get free press box tickets at the dome and a free trip to NO for high profile games....

I'm in there

Do you cheer for teams in your state/city
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I'm in there

Do you cheer for teams in your state/city

xd8000.gif

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
  • jee504
    Options
    I'm very happy how the offense looked tonight. I know its just preseason but man I was happy with Brees' decisions and play calling. Defense looked more intense with the pressure on the QB and the secondary.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    The Saints offense is finished, they lost Jimmy Graham!

:/
  • caddo man
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Man I see Ingram trying to be P. Thomas and Robinson has taken Ingram spot as the hammer. If Marcus Murphy can get some time in the backfield and be a good third down threat. The Saints may go four deep with Hightower playing the fourth wheel.

Huge difference with P Williams up there showing Hicks and the other DL how to play the game. He was a good pickup if for nothing but leadership. All of the acquisitions of P Williams, B Browner, and the center from Seattle was for good players but also for leadership. Vets that bring it every play. Hopefully it brings out the consistency in the young players.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season starts the day after my birthday, CAN'T WAIT!
  • caddo man
    Options
    So the Saints sign TE Chris Manhertz. He maybe a project player that will groom but if anything they need him to teach Jones and Coleman how to rebound with their bodies. Jumpballs should look Barkley vs Mark Jackson out there. You gon fight me, mfer!