Laissez les bons temps rouler! 2015 New Orleans Saints thread

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so nobody gon @ a brotha to the new thread?

who ran paperplanejane off?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

who ran @PaperPlaneJane off?

No idea. She stop right after last season, right?
  • AP21
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

i honestly think Scorpio is paperplanejane

i think they from the same area too iirc
  • caddo man
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

i honestly think Scorpio is paperplanejane

i think they from the same area too iirc

If I am not mistaken paperplane was in VA.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack ass team wack ass thread get this malarkey outta here b
  • caddo man
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

You a Houston ? right? Your QB wont make 75% of the NFL squad. Yall already scouting for next year draft.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

2ns25vs.gif
  • caddo man
    edited August 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUN_8591pq8

The crescent city connection is ready. East bank Breaux and West bank Lewis. If Vaccaro, Byrd, and Browner be anything close to what they are capable of the Saints will have one of the best collection of DBs in the league. If not, they stuck with them for another two years. Browner and Byrd cant be cut until 2017 and Vaccaro still sitting on a rookie contract. They will most definitely pick up his fifth year.

OT: Look for the Saints to slowly drop the veteran LBs (or extend them out) and draft another Olineman or Dlineman and LB next year. Peat should take Strief spot next year and Evans may have to take a pay cut to stay around. Kasim Edebali will be a starter this year or next year. Stephone Anthony and Hau'oli Kikaha are the youth movement.

Next years UFA that may need to be signed ASAP Akiem Hicks and B Watson. R. Bush can be traded if it was up to me. V Sunseri and K. Phillips are viable candidates to replace them. If they can get Swann to the practice squad. I am all for it. He is a aggressive CB that just need to learn how to play off. PJ Williams maybe on the way to the IR. SJB may actually make the squad as the fourth CB.

Am I the only person rooting for Ryan griffin to win the backup job? Luke McCown is a great backup and if I had to really pick, it would be him. But Griffin is young and has at least one good game a year in him for the backup role. McCown may have only two years left as a backup.
  • AP21
    Options
    @scorpio4lfe, get yo chocolate ass in here
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    This schedule is very favorable for us esp. in November and December.

CDTNI2SVAAAhMkk.jpg

......yall starting off 3 and 6 first 9 though.
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

How the hell ya'll didn't let a sista know the new thread was up??!! Good looking out ? !

For the 100th time I'm not the paperjane chick!!! Let that ? soak in!!
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope to see more big plays from Cooks

Hopefully Brandon Coleman can do something.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    v8pg0p.jpg

These dudes better shine when they get their chance. Because they all ain't gon be there.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Brees gon get that statue soon.

• AP21
    Options

How the hell ya'll didn't let a sista know the new thread was up??!! Good looking out ? !

For the 100th time I'm not the paperjane chick!!! Let that ? soak in!!

@scorpio4lfe,

200.gif
  • caddo man
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yV6246-EsI

Ever wondered how the Who Dat chant started?
    The popular rally cry's relationship with the New Orleans Saints actually dates to a WVUE-TV feature story on St. Augustine High School's football team, which aired 32 years ago today on Sept. 1, 1983, according to local sports historian William Taylor.

As part of its high school football preview series, WVUE featured the St. Augustine Purple Knights. In the story, then-St. Aug coach Tony Biagas revealed that the players used a chant on the daily bus ride to practice to set the mood.

"Who dat, who dat, who dat talkin' about beatin' St. Aug?! Who dat?! Who dat?!"

Reporter Ken Berthelot and photographer Avis Landry documented the ritual for the feature story and showed the finished product to sports director Ron Swoboda back at the studio. Swoboda loved it.

After the feature aired that day, WVUE received several phone calls from viewers asking that it be re-aired. The station obliged at 10 p.m.

Three days later, the chants could be heard echoing through the crowd at the Superdome during the Saints' 28-17 victory against the St. Louis Cardinals in the 1983 regular-season opener.

A legend was born.

"That's where it started," Swoboda said.

A few weeks later, the famous "Who Dat" song was recorded by Aaron Neville and a group of players known as "The Singing Saints": Brad Edelman; John Hill; Reggie Lewis; Louis Oubre; and Dave Waymer. The song, which actually was a version of "When the Saints Go Marching In," was produced by Carlo Nuccio and brothers Sal and Steve Monistere and copyrighted on Oct. 17, 1983.

WVUE had exclusive access to film the recording session and produced a music video featuring the session and Saints season highlights. The station aired the video throughout its Saints coverage that season.

"It turned into a phenomenon," Swoboda said. "It was the first time the Saints were out of the chute with such a good start (4-2) and everyone was excited about (Coach) ? (Phillips). It was viral before we knew what viral was."

In southern Louisiana, "who dat" was in wide use before 1980, and was used in chants by African-American schools by the early 1970s and in majority-white schools by 1979, according to Nicholls State University English professor Shana Walton, who led a research team hired by the NFL and later contracted by New Orleans businesses to trace the saying's origins. Patterson (La.) High School and some Southwestern Athletic Conference college teams have also laid claim to the chant over the years.

The phrase has become the unofficial chant of Saints fans far and wide. A few years ago, the Saints even started a pre-game tradition by having a designated player lead the cheer at mid-field before kickoff each of home game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. The saying became so popular the NFL and a group that claimed to have trademarked the catchphrase, waged a legal battle over its rights in 2012.

So while "Who Dat" clearly has been around these parts for decades, it's association as the unofficial chant of the Saints dates to Sept. 1, 1983.

"Just like the (Catholic) Church co-opted Mardi Gras, the Saints and NFL co-opted the Who Dat chant," Swoboda said.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the ? that clowned and gave me a spam or troll reaction I predicted Sanders and Nick Toon won't make the team. They both got cut on the FIRST cuts. My boy Snead making the squad. Toon deserved to get cut. Dude had too many chances. Sanders got traded to the Pats, which may come back to bite us but them dudes didn't step up.

Colston
    Cooks
    Coleman
    Snead
    Morgan

Is my final WR set.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Sanders been on bout 4 teams.

He can't play offense. All he can do is return kicks. why waste a roster spot on that. We have plenty players that can do that.

Toon just couldn't catch on. Coleman basically is a better prospect then him.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Sanders was just a returner where the Saints have two maybe even three options at returning kicks.

Murphy, Spiller, and Cooks.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Toon shouldn't be in the NFL at.
  • AP21
    Options
    i wonder how much the starters gon play in the last preseason game

I like Snead tho, i just dont see him getting a ton of reps should he by some chance, make the final roster
  • AP21
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Keenan Lewis out 4-6 weeks due to hip surgery...
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    11-5

Win the division and get a first round bye
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wonder how much the starters gon play in the last preseason game

I like Snead tho, i just dont see him getting a ton of reps should he by some chance, make the final roster

Snead making the roster. I'll bet my IC avi on that bruh. Y'all sleeping on the kid. I'm even willing go to bet money on this ? .