‘Scooby Doo’ Animated Movie In The Works At Warner Bros. For 2018 Release

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Be-Cool-Scooby-Doo.jpg

Tony Cervone will direct from a script by Matt Lieberman, while Charles Roven and Richard Suckle will produce

Warner Bros. is gassing up the Mystery Machine, as the studio announced it will release an animated Scooby Doo movie on Sept. 21, 2018.

Based on the beloved Hanna-Barbera franchise, the new Scooby-Doo feature will be a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation under the Warner Animation Group banner.

The film reunites Oscar-nominated producers Charles Roven and Richard Suckle (“American Hustle”), who previously produced WB’s successful live-action features “Scooby-Doo” and “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.” Joining them is BAFTA-winning producer Allison Abbate, who produced the Oscar-nominated features “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” “Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride” and “Frankenweenie.”

Also Read: Mike Tyson Channels Scooby-Doo in Adult Swim's 'Mike Tyson Mysteries' Trailer (Video)

Matt Lieberman wrote the film, which will be directed by Tony Cervone, who has history with Shaggy and the gang having worked on “Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated.” Renowned animation icon Dan Povenmire (“Phineas and Ferb”) will also bring his creative sensibilities to the production as an executive producer.

The announcement was made jointly today by Warner Bros. executives Greg Silverman, Dan Fellman, Sue Kroll and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg.

“Like countless fans, I have always loved the Hanna-Barbera cast of characters. As one of their most famous brand ambassadors, Scooby-Doo will take the lead in re-introducing this pantheon of enduringly popular animated stars on a grand scale with an exciting new movie,” said Silverman.

Also Read: 'Scooby-Doo's' Velma, 'Family Guy's' Stewie Make Top 8 in Logo's Gayest Cartoon Characters Tournament (Video)

“It’s always a treat to see Scooby-Doo on the big screen and to share his larger-than-life adventures with audiences. As anticipation grows throughout production, the movie’s mid-September release date should start the fall season with a burst of fun,” said Fellman.

“It’s wonderful to be working with this talented and inspired team of filmmakers. We couldn’t ask for better producers than Charles Roven, Richard Suckle and Allison Abbate, who have such affection and respect for this property and know the Hanna-Barbera universe so well,” added Kroll.

“Scooby-Doo and his friends have the kind of universal appeal that reaches across cultures as well as generations. We expect this new take on the franchise to generate even more fans around the world,” noted Kwan Vandenberg.

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give me a Johnny Quest movie.

WB has owned Hanna Barbera for years now and has just sat on the ? . If it was me I'd make Space Ghost and Blue Falcon and Atom Ant part of the DC Comics multiverse and start getting busy from there. They need to do something with the ? Tunes too now that they're back into making animated theatrical features again. I heard they might make Space Jam 2 but I mean beyond that. More like classic ? Tunes similar to the Joe Dante movie.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Be-Cool-Scooby-Doo.jpg

Warner Bros. is gassing up the Mystery Machine, as the studio announced it will release an animated Scooby Doo movie on Sept. 21, 2018.

giphy.gif
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Just give me a Johnny Quest movie.

WB has owned Hanna Barbera for years now and has just sat on the ? . If it was me I'd make Space Ghost and Blue Falcon and Atom Ant part of the DC Comics multiverse and start getting busy from there. They need to do something with the ? Tunes too now that they're back into making animated theatrical features again. I heard they might make Space Jam 2 but I mean beyond that. More like classic ? Tunes similar to the Joe Dante movie.

Blue falcon gotdamn haven't heard that name in years hell yeah I'd watch that and Space Ghost would be interesting depending on who does it. ? throw in Mightor and Galaxy Trio and let's get really out there with the ideas lol.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Birdman and Hawkman crossover.