#BlackLivesMatter meets Hillary Clinton

Options
MarcusGarvey
MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in The Social Lounge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCraUvIq-s

Clinton agreed to talk with the Black Lives Matter representatives after the forum, and while the activists described the meeting in subsequent media appearances, footage of the discussion was not released, until now. On Monday night two of the activists, Daunasia Yancey and Julius Jones, appeared on MSNBC, and GOOD Magazine posted two videos that show how Clinton responded when challenged on her response to the movement, and the Clinton administration's role in promoting mass incarceration.
The exchange centered on the 1994 Violent Crime and Law Enforcement Act, the largest crime bill in history, which included $9.7 billion in funding for prisons. The First Lady helped lobby Congress to get the bill passed, and as GOOD notes, during the Clinton years the number of inmates in federal prisons almost doubled.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/video-hillarys-meeting-with-black-lives-matter.html

They finally meet, Clinton gives her the politrick answers per usual.
The black establishment are lining up to get theirs in a potential Clinton Admin after getting cold shoulder from BHO for 8 years. Sickening imo.

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I appreciate their activism, but I don't think BLM should be propped up as representatives of the blacks... most blacks don't know anything about this group..

They "represent" an interest. What they should do is become a registered lobby group that focuses on prison and police reform in "black" communities.
    Stop focusing in they don't represent "all" black people, no one or group does or ever will, they don't anymore than the Koch Brothers represent all white people or Sheldon Adelson for Jews. They have an area that's their agenda.

True, but without the money and influence they could become props that stand in the background at her speaches. And she distances herself from them the minute shes elected.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    I appreciate their activism, but I don't think BLM should be propped up as representatives of the blacks... most blacks don't know anything about this group..

They "represent" an interest. What they should do is become a registered lobby group that focuses on prison and police reform in "black" communities.
    Stop focusing in they don't represent "all" black people, no one or group does or ever will, they don't anymore than the Koch Brothers represent all white people or Sheldon Adelson for Jews. They have an area that's their agenda.

True, but without the money and influence they could become props that stand in the background at her speaches. And she distances herself from them the minute shes elected.

They met with the former Secretary of State, former First Lady and potential President without much money. With legit infrastructure and pinpoint focus, and eventually yes money to donate, they can change laws - it will take time and sacrifice, it's possible.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BLM is a George Soros funded group... if i put money behind u, damn right ima tell u what to do.

Goofy negroes fail to understand that.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That video is clearly staged.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tom Joyner said they tried to interview her twice when they were in the same city together on tours and she gave them cold shoulders both times. She got something to hide?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am watching her ass.................no creepset.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She actually gave them some good feedback from 5:52 to the end.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Purr wrote: »
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    BLM can't fully be trusted, a lot of them are radical feminists and their movement is funded by George Soros who is a Clinton supporter.

Them ? are broke and it was created by black women who are cis women, and LGBT women. The ? are you talking abouy "radical feminist"? These are the same feminists who are putting names to faces through social media awareness by the brutal hands of the police force.

If you got a ? problem then get yor ass up and do something about it.

They're funded and its been well documented. A lot of them are feminists who agendas and interests are for LGBT issues/rights first. Their activism hasn't change nothing, only thing they do is get attention for themselves.

Hilary said they need agenda, she meant to say is y'all need show me the money for me to care.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Uhm hmm" lol Hillary Clinton don't give a ? about Blacks until election time, just like the majority of democrats and republicans in office. The best thing for us a community is to force change with our vote or lack there of. I know Stephen A. Smith gets hate on the IC for being perceived as a ? . Not going to argue that on this topic. He did bring up a great idea, which was either withholding our votes completely this election or vote overwhelmingly for the Republican nominee as African Americans. We would sacrifice 4 years of Republican ? , true, and they'd likely not do anything in those four years to truly benefit us.

But could u imagine the level of outreach Republicans would show to Black neighborhoods to retain those black votes and get reelected. Likewise, can u imagine how a major shift in African American votes from Democrats to Republicans for just one voting cycle would push us to the forefront of Democrat-driven policy?? They'd forego the ? vote, the feminist vote, etc. because democrats know they'd never be able to win anything ever again without large turnouts from us. We need to start holding the muthafuckas that we overwhelmingly support by 90% in every election accountable to represent us when theyre in Washington. Problem solved
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Uhm hmm" lol Hillary Clinton don't give a ? about Blacks until election time, just like the majority of democrats and republicans in office. The best thing for us a community is to force change with our vote or lack there of. I know Stephen A. Smith gets hate on the IC for being perceived as a ? . Not going to argue that on this topic. He did bring up a great idea, which was either withholding our votes completely this election or vote overwhelmingly for the Republican nominee as African Americans. We would sacrifice 4 years of Republican ? , true, and they'd likely not do anything in those four years to truly benefit us.

But could u imagine the level of outreach Republicans would show to Black neighborhoods to retain those black votes and get reelected. Likewise, can u imagine how a major shift in African American votes from Democrats to Republicans for just one voting cycle would push us to the forefront of Democrat-driven policy?? They'd forego the ? vote, the feminist vote, etc. because democrats know they'd never be able to win anything ever again without large turnouts from us. We need to start holding the muthafuckas that we overwhelmingly support by 90% in every election accountable to represent us when theyre in Washington. Problem solved

I don't know about voting republican but I agree with the sentiment. I know for a fact I'm not voting unless Bernie Sanders gets the democratic nomination..and I wish Black ppl would hold hilliary accountable for her indifference
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #blackvotesmatter
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    #blackvotesmatter

#blackvotesmatter
    #blackdollarsmatter
    #blacklivesehhhhhnotsomuch
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ding ding ding ding ding ding .....we have a winner folks

? are being incredibly nieve to think that Hilary "3 strikes and your out" Clinton gives 2 ? about what these ? are talking about ...she's just a savy politician who understands optics ....this "looks" good for her campaign
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    People always complain about people not doing anything and when people do, they still complain.

I'd suggest BLM A

If the house composition was closer, I'd suggest the black caucus withholding their vote regardless if a GOP or Dem is in the White House. But these members would lick the boot of a Clinton.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the election, blacklivesmatters try to approach Hillary...she ll be liike ummmmm security keep those ? away from me...we ll have Barack get back to them
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    People think I'm joking, but seriously, that video was clearly staged. Only confirms what I knew about #BLM
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that Brotha has no nuts. he was so feminine in his approach. her body language and his tone just didn't mix. he's not the right choice to be the voice.

sorry
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man ? Hilary Clinton..and her two face snake husband. The Clinton's have ALWAYS been full of it. Never bought it, never will
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This sounds like a good idea. And that's what it is, just a good idea, that wont work in the real world.
    Since 1865, us Blk ppl have been trying on different shoes that dont fit.
    We vote democrat, they do nothing. We vote republican, and with your own admission , they wont do nothing either.
    So what's the point ?
    why not just cut through the b.s, N we start doing for ourselves?
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

This sounds like a good idea. And that's what it is, just a good idea, that wont work in the real world.
    Since 1865, us Blk ppl have been trying on different shoes that dont fit.
    We vote democrat, they do nothing. We vote republican, and with your own admission , they wont do nothing either.
    So what's the point ?
    why not just cut through the b.s, N we start doing for ourselves?
    Black people should be Independents. No political parties out there speak for us.