Wasted Potential

Options

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Derrick Coleman, he's basically the prototype modern PF

Javaris Crittendon, 6'5 PG with elite athleticism and vision, best HS player I've ever seen in person
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamarcus Russell
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Jamarcus Russell

Nah
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    I cosign the nosign on Charlie Ward. He was too small for the NFL. He did the right thing going to the NBA.

He coulda been like flutie

Flutie stayed in the league bcuz of his popularity. He was undersized and never really gained the trust of coaches to really be the leader of a team. Ward made the right choice.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Barry Sanders
    He just walked away with Not a care in the world he still had a least 3-5 good years left. He would have shattered the all time rushing record, instead of that overrated emit smith

Barry Sanders didn't waste his potential. Anybody who was old enough to see him play until he retired knew he was the best running back of his era.

Emmit Smith might have the rushing record but it was for the mere fact that he held on longer and played on the Cardinals to get it.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    Marcus Vick

So true!!

He wasn't as good a athlete as Michael but the guy was a way better passer than Mike when he was at VA Tech. He was way more accurate and didn't try to run every time he dropped back. Him having that entitled attitude is what killed this kid.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Boston. ? had prototype size/speed for a WR but he wanted to toot powder and do roids.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Young in the NFL, his W-L record in the league is still something like 30-18
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashad Mccants from UNC basketball
    Dude won a national championship and then told on the entire squad years later when he wasn't good enough for the nba now UNC is on probation.
  • Beefer77
    Options
    I hate to say it but JOEL EMBID
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ken Griffey Jr injuries robbed him. He had the genes, the drive the work ethic and the love for the game.

I have a Ken Griffey Jr story that has never been told until now. It was his rookie year and i was at the game. I dont even know how i knew who he was, but i did. He up to bat and got hit by a pitch and the ump didnt call it. Griffey is mad and lifts up his sleeve to show the big bruise on his bicep. The entire Cleveland Stadium went "AWWWWWWWWWWW."

The Very next Pitch, He Hit a Home Run.

• Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Lamar odom deserves to be mentioned. He had a solid career but he should've done way more with his skill set. 6'10 point forward who was a good rebounder, ball handler and decent shooter he shoulda been a multiple time all star but he was content with being just aight

Don't get me started he would get a 20-20 game then the next night have 5 and 3 and foul out smh and have a one good game every 10 average
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Marcus Lattimore before the injuries?

Reidel Anthony - was a beast @ WR at florida. Held NCAA record for most consecutive games with a TD (before Moss broke it) and set the SEC record for most TDs (18) in a season which still stands even after WRs like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, OBJ, etc etc have come afterwards.

He just didn't have it in him for pro ball i guess. I remember he was playing for Tampa vs Green Bay and he had a wide open bomb for a TD (i think in playoffs) on national TV and dropped it.
    John Madden said "he was already thinking of the dance he was going to do in the end zone". Madden was probably right because dude used to like to celebrate after he scored.

He was never the same after that drop.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    David Boston. ? had prototype size/speed for a WR but he wanted to toot powder and do roids.

That ? career was all downhill once he left Arizona
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Sanders
    He just walked away with Not a care in the world he still had a least 3-5 good years left. He would have shattered the all time rushing record, instead of that overrated emit smith

Barry Sanders didn't waste his potential. Anybody who was old enough to see him play until he retired knew he was the best running back of his era.

Emmit Smith might have the rushing record but it was for the mere fact that he held on longer and played on the Cardinals to get it.

Emmit broke the record in a cowboys uniform
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

That ? career was all downhill once he left Arizona

He came to the dolphins and was doodoo grits
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Marcus Vick

So true!!

He wasn't as good a athlete as Michael but the guy was a way better passer than Mike when he was at VA Tech. He was way more accurate and didn't try to run every time he dropped back. Him having that entitled attitude is what killed this kid.

He was also banging girls that were in junior high when he was a Freshman at Virginia Tech. I mean you're a damn superstar before you even play a down for them and can pretty much have any college girl you want and you wanna cruise around the junior high for hoes. ? weirdo. SMH.

I still remember when we beat them in the 2005 ACC Championship Game, he talked a gang of ? before the game then sprained his ankle celebrating a TD and had to leave the game, ? ? .
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Vince Carter.

Had a chance to be one of the greats... I saw him play live when he was with the Toronto Raptors in his prime and the way he dominated in those early years was like a young Jordan or Kobe (no hyperbole).

But he had a ? attitude... it was all about Vince and not the team. When Tracy McGrady was playing alongside Carter in Toronto, I think Vince started getting low-key jealous of McGrady getting some of the shine. When things fell apart in playoffs against the New York Knicks, a lot of people were suggesting friction between the two of them was one of the reasons McGrady wasn't brought back.

Vince Carter eventually quit on the team (Raptors) and even made leaving difficult so they couldn't even get anything worthwhile in a trade.

His dunk contest victory in 2000 was one of the greatest performances ever as was his gold medal win for the United States (remember that dunk over that French guy?) but he underwhelmed in the NBA.

Eight time NBA all-star but played with 6 different teams and never got any hardware...

To me... that is wasted potential.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    Options

Wasn't he on roids?
  • Beefer77
    Options
    ^^^^
    Yup he was on roids. He had muscles growing out of his veins.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stanley Roberts
    Oliver Miller
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options