Options
blu197
blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
chris_jericho_wwf_wallpaper_by_brettbrand-d63at9u.png
Bret-HIT-MAN-Hart-bret-hitman-hart-16204957-1024-768.jpg

World Champ/IC Title Reigns:

Jericho
6x World Champ (first ever Undisputed Champ)
9× IC Champ (Most Ever)

Bret Hart
7x World Champ
2x IC Champ

Better Overall Wrestler ×Blu Edition× :Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho 19 votes

Bret Hart "The Hitman"
73%
dalyricalbanditaneed123jonoKNiGHTSvageneral08illedouta-grave247DOPEdweebzits....JOHN BChi-Town BullyRickyRich[Deleted User]270crownstBangEm_Bart 14 votes
Chris Jericho "Y2J"
26%
KillaChamStoneColdMikeyblu197Peezy_JenkinsRawAce 5 votes

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    i chose jericho cuz it says overall so charisma and mic skills count, brets advantage in skill doesnt outweigh jericho advantage in those
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Wrestler - Bret by a mile....The wrestling ? of wrestling gods
    Talker - Y2J and its not close
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Go to Canada, and theyll let you knowwho da gawd is even Fabolous knows.
    fabolous-wwe-summerslam-414x268.png
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Bret and not even close.
  • blu197
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    Bret and not even close.

When has Bret ever got a pop like this when he won the strap?

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww

Jericho has Bret beat in everything when it comes to charisma,mic work,character even as a athlete he's better, the only advantage Bret has is the technical mat wrestling style... Jericho has more individual memorable moments with timeless promos, Bret doesn't, when i think of Bret I think of the guy that a had a beef with the GOAT HBK but secretly wish he was HBK bc he was the golden boy and chosen one by Vince and he always wanted HBKs props and respect bc he was viewed as a lame to HBK and the Kliq... Bottom line tho if you say Bret cool but chill with that "it ain't close" ? bc Jericho overall is clearly better...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    I grew up with this....
    6_Bret_Hart_040709_1239164762.jpg

I love em both though but nostalgia got me voting Hitman.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    gotta be fair tho, bret aint secretly wish he was hbk, he was the top guy right b4 hbk. something jericho hasnt been (due to depth of roster at his time but still) he was prolly viewed as having less edge, but he wasnt a lame, as a face he had the hoes and kids cheering for him just like most top guys

imo jericho one of the greatest in ring but theres a few better and bret is one.

jericho advantage come on the mic and charisma wise but i dont think its fair to act like bret was a robot

this comparison is closer than it looks overall imo.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Bret Hart was my ? before I stopped watching wrestling..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    blu197 wrote: »
    Bret and not even close.

When has Bret ever got a pop like this when he won the strap?

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww

Jericho has Bret beat in everything when it comes to charisma,mic work,character even as a athlete he's better, the only advantage Bret has is the technical mat wrestling style... Jericho has more individual memorable moments with timeless promos, Bret doesn't, when i think of Bret I think of the guy that a had a beef with the GOAT HBK but secretly wish he was HBK bc he was the golden boy and chosen one by Vince and he always wanted HBKs props and respect bc he was viewed as a lame to HBK and the Kliq... Bottom line tho if you say Bret cool but chill with that "it ain't close" ? bc Jericho overall is clearly better...

When he tied with Luger as the Rumble winneror however it went.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    Overall Jericho. Both can go in the ring but There's so much more to Jericho's character. I feel like Bret can literally only talk 1 way.

I know this doesn't mean too much but Jericho has him when it comes to longevity too.. and he's still going. Y2J wrestles more than you may think he does. He does house shows and ? all the time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blu197
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Overall Jericho. Both can go in the ring but There's so much more to Jericho's character. I feel like Bret can literally only talk 1 way.

I know this doesn't mean too much but Jericho has him when it comes to longevity too.. and he's still going. Y2J wrestles more than you may think he does. He does house shows and ? all the time.

Some ppl might give longevity to Bret as far as putting on more great matches past his physical prime, when he won the IC Title for the first time in 1991 he was already 34 years old...

But when it comes to number of years, yea Jericho got him beat easily and still puts on some good ? when he's out there..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Bret career was cut short tho he prob had another 5yrs left had he not got retired by that kick.

imagine the classics he wouldve gave us with

Austin
    Kurt
    Rock
    Benoit
    Y2J
    HBK (maybe)
    HHH (Maybe)
    Brock (would made Brock look like a super monster the way he wouldve worked)
    Eddie
    Booker

etc

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Bret by far. He the best technical wrestler imo. But I'm biased
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    Stop this fuckery. Jericho talked. That's it. I don't even understand the interest in him on the mic. He hasn't been interesting since that Dean Malenko "I've got 1,001 moves!" feud in WCW.

He's Rob Van Dam off weed and better spot monkey timing. Mentioning him with Bret is insane. IN.SANE.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart "The Hitman"
    C'mon bro. Jericho is the prototype. In 2008 he changed heel work forever. He was already a legendary character by that time.

Jericho's 2008 gimmick and his 1999 personality are two of the most bit up characters in wrestling.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Chris Jericho "Y2J"
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Stop this fuckery. Jericho talked. That's it. I don't even understand the interest in him on the mic. He hasn't been interesting since that Dean Malenko "I've got 1,001 moves!" feud in WCW.

He's Rob Van Dam off weed and better spot monkey timing. Mentioning him with Bret is insane. IN.SANE.

u only watched jericho for a month in 1998 to say something as crazy as this