edited September 2015
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    We watched the new ninja turtles movies last night on netflix, and the whole time im thinkin "what is so freakin bad with this one? why dey dont like it son?" and he was just like idk.

Would you like a list?

1. The Turtles are supposed to be ninjas. Ninjas are sleek and stealthy. Shaq can't be a ninja because he's a behemoth. The Turtles are damn near as big as Shaq. Ie. The Turtles aren't believable ninjas.
    2. Not only are they big, but they just looked ridiculous. Michelangelo was over accessorized, Raphael looked like he could take down an entire offensive line, and Donatello was running around wit ? Johnny 5 on his back.
    3. Speaking of Donny, anyone else notice he only had like two scenes in the entire movie?
    4. The Turtles just looked like Goombas with masks.
    5. Meagan Fox is a ? terrible actress.
    6. They spent way too much time focusing on April and her cameraman's wack relationship.
    7. They whitewashed the ? outta the movie and removed almost all of its ties to Japan.
    8. I know this is a movie about mutant turtles, but Master Splinter learned ninjutsu from a book. Smh. A ? book, son. Word?
    9. Shredder looks like the lost love child of Megatron and a can opener.
    10. It's a disgrace to the Turtles franchise.

And those are 10 reasons why this movie needs to be burned right along with Michael Bay.

THEY ARE TALKING TURTLES, with a rat as a master...all this ? your suppose to suspend belief..lol

disgrace of a franchise and made enough money for a sequel. Ha ha ok

I aint a M.Bay fan by no means, but this ? is alot better what he was gonna originally do.

Still peace to the orig. 90s movie n cartoon.

It didn't stay true to source material in the least bit. It's not a difficult concept to understand. It's also not difficult to expand on a premise while adhering to some semblance of its origin -- all it takes is some creativity.

Michael Bay and his productions have no creativity. They have this Americanized mindset of "bigger is better", special effects and explosions. That's it.

And are you really gonna use the fact that it's getting a sequel as a basis for a debate with me? Pffttt... Don't waste your keystrokes. There are countless bad movies with sequels. Terrible arguing point.

If you aren't talking about staying true to the source material then why ? and moan about the origin then? IT's all part of the source material, and as I said before. There' s been plenty of movies that swerved from their origin/source material. It's not a stretch for this movie to follow that path. As i said before, it's talking ? mutual turtles with a rat as a master, yeah they were big, but you arent' watching the cartoon version or the 90s version.......the origin story didnt need to be a blueprint..again suspend belief.

and a metal suit, seeing how it was used. I did not have a problem with that. It's 2015, i would expect a super suit/super version of some kind, it's 2015! And sorry master splinter learned ? from a book..there are books out there were you can learn to fight..this movie isn't going be like harry potter where you get sequels on top of sequels, so "staying true to origin" isn't gonna effect the story telling.

they are fighting talking turtles, point got across to the kids. That's what matters. and just like some bad movies get sequels, some movies in hollywood as long as they make enough movie they get sequels as well. This did. Again not a M.Bay fan because i hate TFers, and i have some fault with the new movie, but not enough to hate it.

as i said, i care less if you all didnt like it, that "down the snowy hill" scene was goat action ? . The fight with shredder was good as sh*t...dont know what you'll were watching.

giphy.gif

"Keep practicing."

?? duke really! at the end of the day it's coming back and making money....

haters gonna hate.....
    140i6e.gif
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We watched the new ninja turtles movies last night on netflix, and the whole time im thinkin "what is so freakin bad with this one? why dey dont like it son?" and he was just like idk.

Would you like a list?

1. The Turtles are supposed to be ninjas. Ninjas are sleek and stealthy. Shaq can't be a ninja because he's a behemoth. The Turtles are damn near as big as Shaq. Ie. The Turtles aren't believable ninjas.
    2. Not only are they big, but they just looked ridiculous. Michelangelo was over accessorized, Raphael looked like he could take down an entire offensive line, and Donatello was running around wit ? Johnny 5 on his back.
    3. Speaking of Donny, anyone else notice he only had like two scenes in the entire movie?
    6. They spent way too much time focusing on April and her cameraman's wack relationship.
    7. They whitewashed the ? outta the movie and removed almost all of its ties to Japan.
    8. I know this is a movie about mutant turtles, but Master Splinter learned ninjutsu from a book. Smh. A ? book, son. Word?

And those are 10 reasons why this movie needs to be burned right along with Michael Bay.

THEY ARE TALKING TURTLES, with a rat as a master...all this ? your suppose to suspend belief..lol

I aint a M.Bay fan by no means, but this ? is alot better what he was gonna originally do.

Its not about being believable or not its about it being disrespectful to the original story line, characters and origin
  • Copper
    Options
    Yeah Meagan fox is ? atrocious. Her acting is as believable as learning ninjitsu from a book
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a grown now and I love the turtles

New TMNT movie >

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And master splinter is actually shredders brother, not a sewer rat. Part of the awesomeness of turtles was true origins and that shredder was adopted into splinters family and trained as top martial artist. A lot of other characters were mutated throughout the story also. Shredder is not related to Eric Sachs in fact, he has no siblings and Kurei or whatever that chicks name is that works for shredder is splinters daughter.
  • Copper
    Options
    Karai was a useless character in the movie...she also looked old as ?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Would you like a list?

Its not about being believable or not its about it being disrespectful to the original story line, characters and origin

Fully understand that. But again. HOW OFTEN HAS HOLLYWOOD chg or disrepected the original stories?? Thats the norm, shoot i watch the new alvin n the chipmunks cartoon and they turned their look from chipmunks to humans. I couldn't watch that ? .

My point they chg ? all the time in Hollywood, to me the origin was not all that important to ruin tmnt.

They are mutant turtles with a rat as a master..does the origin really need to be that intact to make the movie, nah...they are ucking talking turtles..ha ha ? got me dying about this..

New movie action n fighting scenes were dope. The turtles had the same attitudes as the original. So to me the story could be told however..and shredder wasnt white so i was satisfied with it.

• SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Would you like a list?

I think what my man's trying to say is that the movie should retain a sense of "originality". With Michael Bay his recipe is explosions, excess and everything big. He often disregards substance for superficiality which in turn spurns angry fans and bad ratings with critics. He produces these movies as if we don't know the source SMMFH.

At least when the OG deviated, their reasons made sense and were creative. Splinter was human at one point but I'll take a pet rat with some degree of consciousness being morphed by toxic waste into an intellectual martial arts master. It wasn't a big deviation but it made sense. The new movies just disrespect the OG, remember Michael Bay almost didn't even want to make them turtles in the original story, imagine if the studio let him have his way....

right he was tryna make the turtles aliens or some ?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    And master splinter is actually shredders brother, not a sewer rat. Part of the awesomeness of turtles was true origins and that shredder was adopted into splinters family and trained as top martial artist. A lot of other characters were mutated throughout the story also. Shredder is not related to Eric Sachs in fact, he has no siblings and Kurei or whatever that chicks name is that works for shredder is splinters daughter.

They are never gonna turn a turtles movie into all that. They are never gonna take it that serious. Cause they are talking turtles n they just want to sell toys to the kids...

All that deep ? is reserve for the comic books n cartoon where they could take the time n develop a strong story.

Remember the cgi turtles movie that came out before this one. That is had a,very strong story..even explored Ralph going on his own and leo being sent to home his leadership skills, and nobody gave a ? about that movie in the theater.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Karai was a useless character in the movie...she also looked old as ?

Thought I was the only one that noticed her face was messed up. She had permanent acne scars or some ?
  • Copper
    Options
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

Would you like a list?

I think what my man's trying to say is that the movie should retain a sense of "originality". With Michael Bay his recipe is explosions, excess and everything big. He often disregards substance for superficiality which in turn spurns angry fans and bad ratings with critics. He produces these movies as if we don't know the source SMMFH.

At least when the OG deviated, their reasons made sense and were creative. Splinter was human at one point but I'll take a pet rat with some degree of consciousness being morphed by toxic waste into an intellectual martial arts master. It wasn't a big deviation but it made sense. The new movies just disrespect the OG, remember Michael Bay almost didn't even want to make them turtles in the original story, imagine if the studio let him have his way....

Wasn't michael bay gonna do some ? that the turtles were aliens or some ? ??
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My son likes the original ninja turtles movie before that bs Micheal bay one he never asked to watch that movie again after we saw it for the first time, then he got into the old ones it was a wrap
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They are never gonna turn a turtles movie into all that. They are never gonna take it that serious. Cause they are talking turtles n they just want to sell toys to the kids...

All that deep ? is reserve for the comic books n cartoon where they could take the time n develop a strong story.

Remember the cgi turtles movie that came out before this one. That is had a,very strong story..even explored Ralph going on his own and leo being sent to home his leadership skills, and nobody gave a ? about that movie in the theater.

It's really not that deep though.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Would you like a list?

It didn't stay true to source material in the least bit. It's not a difficult concept to understand. It's also not difficult to expand on a premise while adhering to some semblance of its origin -- all it takes is some creativity.

Michael Bay and his productions have no creativity. They have this Americanized mindset of "bigger is better", special effects and explosions. That's it.

And are you really gonna use the fact that it's getting a sequel as a basis for a debate with me? Pffttt... Don't waste your keystrokes. There are countless bad movies with sequels. Terrible arguing point.

If you aren't talking about staying true to the source material then why ? and moan about the origin then? IT's all part of the source material, and as I said before. There' s been plenty of movies that swerved from their origin/source material. It's not a stretch for this movie to follow that path. As i said before, it's talking ? mutual turtles with a rat as a master, yeah they were big, but you arent' watching the cartoon version or the 90s version.......the origin story didnt need to be a blueprint..again suspend belief.

and a metal suit, seeing how it was used. I did not have a problem with that. It's 2015, i would expect a super suit/super version of some kind, it's 2015! And sorry master splinter learned ? from a book..there are books out there were you can learn to fight..this movie isn't going be like harry potter where you get sequels on top of sequels, so "staying true to origin" isn't gonna effect the story telling.

they are fighting talking turtles, point got across to the kids. That's what matters. and just like some bad movies get sequels, some movies in hollywood as long as they make enough movie they get sequels as well. This did. Again not a M.Bay fan because i hate TFers, and i have some fault with the new movie, but not enough to hate it.

as i said, i care less if you all didnt like it, that "down the snowy hill" scene was goat action ? . The fight with shredder was good as sh*t...dont know what you'll were watching.

giphy.gif

"Keep practicing."

tumblr_inline_ntgd0hz5v21qzonui_500.gif
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Just tried to watch the new one on Netflix just now. Had to turn that ? off.

I'm not even the type to let nostalgia cloud my judgement in comparisons. Therefore that's not even a factor, but that ? was garbage as ? man.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The animated TMNT flick was dope. i liked that. I could nitpick the BAY flick all day but it aight. I hate the Shredder though. That ? was terrible and i agree the turtles were too bulky.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bay TMNT was the worst entry, worse the the 3rd one where they travel back in time. They need to reboot turtles and make it dark and R rated, with a good mix of comedy, stay close to the source origin. I have a script idea that would make turtles better then the dark knight
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Bay TMNT was the worst entry, worse the the 3rd one where they travel back in time. They need to reboot turtles and make it dark and R rated, with a good mix of comedy, stay close to the source origin. I have a script idea that would make turtles better then the dark knight

Tmnt owned by Nickelodeon now so farthest you getting is pg13
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Go Ninja Go Ninja Go! Damn Vanilla Ice woulda got a Grammy if he out that ? now, and the Reason would be lynching him.
  • john581
    john581 Members Posts: 75
    Options
    They were turtles raised to fight in the sewer by a rat. That's ? up.