First Look At Michael Fassbender in 'Assassins Creed'

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/11951925_888842027831011_9056824069637064178_n.jpg?oh=5313db28008c17966f3ee7572a95f2c2&oe=567E9FC6[/img]

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I forgot they were making this movie
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What time period is this taking place?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn gotta say I'm anticipating this with much vigor
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so who is he supposed to be Ezio?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    They still going with the whole present day/all a simulation ? like the videogames?
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully this helps

The Assassin’s Creed movie begins production on Monday

20th Century Fox and New Regency (Via Yahoo!) have revealed the first official look at Michael Fassbender in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie. Check it out in the gallery below!

Fassbender plays Callum Lynch in the film, an original character not from any of the many games in the series. The film is officially described as follows:

Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day.

Assassin’s Creed stars Academy Award nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, 12 Years a Slave) and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises, La Vie en Rose). The film is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth); produced by New Regency, Ubisoft Motion Pictures, DMC Films and Kennedy/Marshall; co-financed by RatPac Entertainment and Alpha Pictures; and distributed by 20th Century Fox. The Assassin’s Creed movie opens in theaters worldwide on December 21st, 2016.

Production is set to begin on Assassin’s Creed tomorrow with photography taking place in Matla, London, and Spain.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/351399-first-look-at-michael-fassbender-in-the-assassins-creed-movie#/slide/1
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully this helps

The Assassin’s Creed movie begins production on Monday

20th Century Fox and New Regency (Via Yahoo!) have revealed the first official look at Michael Fassbender in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie. Check it out in the gallery below!

Fassbender plays Callum Lynch in the film, an original character not from any of the many games in the series. The film is officially described as follows:

Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day.

Assassin’s Creed stars Academy Award nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, 12 Years a Slave) and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises, La Vie en Rose). The film is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth); produced by New Regency, Ubisoft Motion Pictures, DMC Films and Kennedy/Marshall; co-financed by RatPac Entertainment and Alpha Pictures; and distributed by 20th Century Fox. The Assassin’s Creed movie opens in theaters worldwide on December 21st, 2016.

Production is set to begin on Assassin’s Creed tomorrow with photography taking place in Matla, London, and Spain.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/351399-first-look-at-michael-fassbender-in-the-assassins-creed-movie#/slide/1

Why the ? does this summary sound like most of the movie will be in the present?
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is going to be asscheeks and you all know it Storyline will go;

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Have a vision of the past or the future or some ?

Free run

Templars start to level up

More empty romance

Find the apple/piece of eden and ? the main templar and everybody else

Find that secret temple place and have an ancient robot ? future past vision

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll wait til the trailer drops but this seems like a Netflix watch
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    I ? with Fassbender but this ? sounds garbage. I hate when movies/tv shows go away from the source material. 4 times outta 5, its some ? .
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does it go away from the source material? It's the exact same ? with different characters. Matter fact it sound exactly like what the multiplayer version of AC is.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its gona be ass due to what i,call the great actor curse, string of really good movies then a epic bad one they cahsed,in,hard on
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    15th century Spain is an interesting choice though, its when the Moroccans/moors/arabs etc lost their empire in Spain....my guess is Fassbender will play a arab/moor as a assassin and queen Isabella's crew represents the templars...(cause they burned millions of books and prosecuted muslims/jews when the moors n arabs were kicked out).
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Free run

More empty romance

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip

You got one ? complaining about going away from the source material and this ? complaining about how it's probably gonna stick too close to the source material.

And all we have is 1 still photo of the actor in costume and the movie still over a year away lol

Exactly!

I swear I wish some of these LCA ? would high dive off the Golden Gate Bridge. One pic, and these ? casting judgement b4 the movie even goes into production.

BUT THEN

It be them same ? who paid to go see the movie anyway!! Smh.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    15th century Spain is an interesting choice though, its when the Moroccans/moors/arabs etc lost their empire in Spain....my guess is Fassbender will play a arab/moor as a assassin and queen Isabella's crew represents the templars...(cause they burned millions of books and prosecuted muslims/jews when the moors n arabs were kicked out).

Moors were and are black... He bet not
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    How does it go away from the source material? It's the exact same ? with different characters. Matter fact it sound exactly like what the multiplayer version of AC is.

because it doesnt have the same characters. thats what I was referring to with the source material comment. relax.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited August 2015
    Options

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Free run

More empty romance

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip

You got one ? complaining about going away from the source material and this ? complaining about how it's probably gonna stick too close to the source material.

And all we have is 1 still photo of the actor in costume and the movie still over a year away lol

btw I wasnt complaining, I was just making a prediction. if the movie is dope then Ill say so. I just dont like when they do some ? with completely different characters which shows a willingness to go away from the original stories. this is the first thing they've changed who knows whats next. I guess I just kind of like a familiarity with characters in adaptations of books/games/whatever. Im guessing you dont really care, cool.

Im still gonna watch it but thats just my opinion. I aint gonna call the entire thing trash just yet, I was just saying that alot of times when they change one thing, its not the only thing they change but we will see. Fassbender is a good actor so Im sure he'll ? the role, I just prefer character familiarity with adaptations.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited August 2015
    Options

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Free run

More empty romance

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip

Exactly!

I swear I wish some of these LCA ? would high dive off the Golden Gate Bridge. One pic, and these ? casting judgement b4 the movie even goes into production.

BUT THEN

It be them same ? who paid to go see the movie anyway!! Smh.

Im not judging ? off of one pic, its the synopsis of the story. jesus christ, you dudes are bent out of shape over a couple of opinions. chill.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? did they trick Fassbender into taking this role? What next, Denzel in Need for Speed 2?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never played any of the games so I would probably enjoy it if it sucks more than a fan but I feel like it'll be ? ...just a hunch because most movies based off of games are trash

Wasn't there a bloodrayne movie?