Cop Pulls Over Black Man For Making "Direct Eye Contact"

Trillfate
Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://youtu.be/6dnlj00LTRY

Pig admitted it knowing he was being filmed..

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I saw this article yesterday.

This is very common for some people (me included), most young. They just wanna pull you over to see if you on parole, probation, got a record to ? with you......or to see if you gon get combative. It's one of those "putting you in your place, because I can" things.

If I had a nickel for every time I got pulled over for "looking suspicious" or weird ass going in opposite lane u-turn pull overs to check me out I'd had have at least a dollar between ages 17-27. Police don't really ? with me much anymore but I know the drill.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol and smh.

You should never make eye contact with those fools tho. That ? sets off their ? senses.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been pulled over for "looking too hard" at a cop. I got pulled over on my street about 3 houses from where I lived, dude was an ? .
  • Trillfate
    Thing is, dude didn't make eye contact at all.. he said he never saw the cop

Classic case of Driving While Black
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stare right at cops and they get shook and look away.

I do this too. You can see the weakness right in their eyes. They are cowards. Especially when they are by themselves.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very spurious pretext stop.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    #notallcops
    #theyputtheirlivesatriskeveryday
    #usversusbadguys
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsZbTkIlx6M

The Young Turks: Black Man Pulled Over For "Making Direct Eye Contact” With Cop...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to my cousin the other day
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »
    I stare right at cops and they get shook and look away.

I do this too. You can see the weakness right in their eyes. They are cowards. Especially when they are by themselves.

Yup. Lotta them were the high school loser. Ain't get no play from ? and probably got their lunch money took. Gun and a badge does give you a huge degree of power in this society but you still that same ? from school underneath.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now for some youtube comments

Blacktivist My cousin is white but with a touch of olive to it from our Maltese heritage. Rather than pay stupid cash for long stay parking at the airport while he was working in Dubai for 8 months, he let me borrow his BMW while he was away. I'm a goth, pale as the driven snow. In all that time, not once did I get looked at twice by the police. When he came home I drove his car to the airport to pick him up... sporting his incredibly dark tan. I was tired so I spread out in the backseat for the 200 mile trip home to catch some zzz. In that one trip we were pulled over six times by

police. The last two times we greeted the officer by laughing in their face when we wound down the window. (British police, no guns but still racist as all hell). My favourite reason given was 'I see from the computer that you've been pulled three times today. What are you doing to look so suspicious?' My cousin's comeback was priceless, 'you tell me officer, you ran a background check for a reason, right?'

Anyway, The reason I bring this up was the first reason we were given for being pulled over. We accelerated 'aggressively' towards the speed limit. 'Did we break the limit, officer?' We asked.

'No, you didn't break the limit... but you got close, really fast.'

Took almost two months for that tan to fade... He got pulled over another five times - just driving across town to go to work. After the tan faded enough... no more police. Magic!

I wonder if blacks have considered white face as a driving accessory... It could save lives!

smh thats crazy white people cant get tans because whiter cops will pull you over for maybe looking bi racial

I do this ALL THE ? TIME, never been stopped ever! It's disgusting how racist the police are towards black people. Even after this video evidence, you terrorist conservative will still say "? comply and nothing will go wrong". These are the same idiots stocking "my gunz" for an impending police state yet here we are living in one and the conservative retards scream "omggg comply, comply". Conservatives are worse than nazis, ? you and this cop.

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Thomas 11 hours ago
    +blaze12771 . The driver looked very similar to that Virginia shooter, so no wonder the cop pulled him over for a routine check. The awkward conversation about a turn light or an eye contact is actually a one of the standard procedures to examine the suspect reaction and sanity.
    As we could see obviously the driver showed some angry attitude toward the Officer, normal person wouldn't have.

Joe W 8 hours ago
    +Mr Thomas What type of brain comes up with that logic? "driver looked very similar to the Virginia shooter" Vir-f**king-ginia shooter? You mean the chubby, short haired, light skinned man who killed himself in Virginia not in OHIO and who was not from Michigan like the ALIVE, dark skinned, medium lenght haired, slim driver who was pulled over 400 miles away in Ohio. I cant even be bothered to type the rest of

Yeah YT got an assorted bunch of characters that like to hide behind keyboards to make a point, no matter how silly it is....

Cops over there acting like Slave massas not wanting ppl to make eye contact. Then if you don't make eye contact they can still harass you......
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just lining there pockets. Every court I been to in the whitest city in America full of black people and minorities its sickening. I done gave the state of michigan over 50K and 5 l years of my life for nothing. Just try to avoid them ? at all cost man its not worth it...
  • Trillfate
    They just lining there pockets. Every court I been to in the whitest city in America full of black people and minorities its sickening. I done gave the state of michigan over 50K and 5 l years of my life for nothing. Just try to avoid them ? at all cost man its not worth it...
    Amazing. I was just in traffic court last week in San Francisco... the city is 80% white yet out of maybe 50 ppl i counted only 3 whites.

THREE.

Cops have tunnel vision on the road
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me mad times
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh at the cracka on the mic though. "I would assume that his superiors would condemn this". Like his superiors aren't racist ? who did the exact same ? and probably a lot worse when they were on the road
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even pay attention to cops when I ride by them. That's just me.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.ktvz.com/news/ohio-officer-direct-eye-contact-one-reason-for-pullover/35005696
    Ohio officer: 'Direct eye contact' one reason for pullover

When a police officer in Dayton, Ohio, handed John Felton a warning for a traffic signal violation, Felton asked whether was stopped for something besides having out-of-state plates, according to a video of the conversation posted on Facebook.

"Because you made direct eye contact with me and held onto it when I was passing you," the officer replied in the video.

Felton posted the video on Facebook. It's another example of how the national conversation about police-community interaction, especially with minorities, is being scrutinized. Technology makes the interactions easy to record and to share via social media.

Dayton police didn't reply to CNN's request for comment on Sunday but tweeted, "We are aware of the video and are reviewing it."

The city of Dayton issued a statement saying, "A Dayton Police Officer pulled John Felton over on August 15 for not signaling within 100 feet of a turn. During the stop the Officer additionally acknowledged that Mr. Felton made sustained direct eye contact prior to being stopped. The traffic infraction was verified by the video; however making direct eye contact with an officer is not a basis for a traffic stop."

Felton has agreed to have a conversation with the officer, facilitated by the Dayton Mediation Center, the statement said.

"The Dayton Police Department is a true partner in the community and enjoys a positive community-police relationship," the statement said.

When contacted Sunday, Felton declined comment to CNN and referred questions to his lawyer, Byron Potts. Potts also declined to comment until Monday. The Dayton Mediation Center could not be reached for comment.

The officer's race and identity are not known. He said his name at the start of the conversation, but it doesn't come through clearly on the recording.

CNN affiliate WKEF in Dayton reported that Felton grew up in Ohio but now lives in Michigan. His car has a Michigan license plate.

He told WKEF the officer followed his car about two miles and originally said he'd committed a minor traffic offense -- not signaling more than 100 feet before making a turn.

"I got a nice car," Felton said to WKEF. "I don't know if he seen I was a black male. I feel like I was targeted, the Michigan car and it was about 11 o'clock at night."

Felton let the officer know he was recording the conversation and complained about being followed.

When the officer stepped away from his car, Felton said on the recording, "He followed me for about two miles and when I got to my mom's house he wants to pull on his lights. ... He ain't about to Sandra Bland me."

Felton was referencing Sandra Bland, who was found found dead July 13 in a cell at the Waller County Jail in Texas. She'd been incarcerated after allegedly assaulting an officer during a July 10 traffic stop. Her death was ruled a suicide.

In the video Felton recorded, the officer gives Felton a warning. Felton then asks why he was stopped in the first place.

"I'm not doing nothing, because I have a Michigan plate, other than that why are you trailing me?" Felton said on the recording.

"You made direct eye contact with me and held onto it when I was passing you," the officer said.

"What! I didn't even see you," Felton said.

"I am not going to argue about it anymore with you, sir," the officer said. "I'll just scan your license and give you a citation for the violation and you could take it to court."

"OK, sir," Felton says. He and the officer then drove away.

Smh.. WTF is mediation going to do.. I don't think that's going to stop that pig from racially profiling black males.. The next time he has chance to...
  • Trillfate
    http://www.ktvz.com/news/ohio-officer-direct-eye-contact-one-reason-for-pullover/35005696
    Ohio officer: 'Direct eye contact' one reason for pullover

When a police officer in Dayton, Ohio, handed John Felton a warning for a traffic signal violation, Felton asked whether was stopped for something besides having out-of-state plates, according to a video of the conversation posted on Facebook.

"Because you made direct eye contact with me and held onto it when I was passing you," the officer replied in the video.

Felton posted the video on Facebook. It's another example of how the national conversation about police-community interaction, especially with minorities, is being scrutinized. Technology makes the interactions easy to record and to share via social media.

Dayton police didn't reply to CNN's request for comment on Sunday but tweeted, "We are aware of the video and are reviewing it."

The city of Dayton issued a statement saying, "A Dayton Police Officer pulled John Felton over on August 15 for not signaling within 100 feet of a turn. During the stop the Officer additionally acknowledged that Mr. Felton made sustained direct eye contact prior to being stopped. The traffic infraction was verified by the video; however making direct eye contact with an officer is not a basis for a traffic stop."

Felton has agreed to have a conversation with the officer, facilitated by the Dayton Mediation Center, the statement said.

"The Dayton Police Department is a true partner in the community and enjoys a positive community-police relationship," the statement said.

When contacted Sunday, Felton declined comment to CNN and referred questions to his lawyer, Byron Potts. Potts also declined to comment until Monday. The Dayton Mediation Center could not be reached for comment.

The officer's race and identity are not known. He said his name at the start of the conversation, but it doesn't come through clearly on the recording.

CNN affiliate WKEF in Dayton reported that Felton grew up in Ohio but now lives in Michigan. His car has a Michigan license plate.

He told WKEF the officer followed his car about two miles and originally said he'd committed a minor traffic offense -- not signaling more than 100 feet before making a turn.

"I got a nice car," Felton said to WKEF. "I don't know if he seen I was a black male. I feel like I was targeted, the Michigan car and it was about 11 o'clock at night."

Felton let the officer know he was recording the conversation and complained about being followed.

When the officer stepped away from his car, Felton said on the recording, "He followed me for about two miles and when I got to my mom's house he wants to pull on his lights. ... He ain't about to Sandra Bland me."

Felton was referencing Sandra Bland, who was found found dead July 13 in a cell at the Waller County Jail in Texas. She'd been incarcerated after allegedly assaulting an officer during a July 10 traffic stop. Her death was ruled a suicide.

In the video Felton recorded, the officer gives Felton a warning. Felton then asks why he was stopped in the first place.

"I'm not doing nothing, because I have a Michigan plate, other than that why are you trailing me?" Felton said on the recording.

"You made direct eye contact with me and held onto it when I was passing you," the officer said.

"What! I didn't even see you," Felton said.

"I am not going to argue about it anymore with you, sir," the officer said. "I'll just scan your license and give you a citation for the violation and you could take it to court."

"OK, sir," Felton says. He and the officer then drove away.

Smh.. WTF is mediation going to do.. I don't think that's going to stop that pig from racially profiling black males.. The next time he has chance to...
    The "mediation" is a effort by the pigs to not catch a lawsuit for harassment.

He has nothing to gain by talking to them...
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us-Ejanqseg