Let Me Pull Your Coat About KRS One

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most sampled emcee in the Hip Hop game..

I think KRS took his "Knowledge Reigns Supreme" moniker a little too seriously and his living by the true definition of what Hip Hop is and if you don't live by his principle, then you're not Hip Hop mindset...that's what turned off the younger generation about him.

This is spot on, used to think krs one was some enlightened dude but as I aged I realized he sounds like a kook a lot of times

I don't need a dude preach what hip hop is and isn't, or what mcing is or should be....throw caz in there too as ppl who haven't evolved with the art form they helped start....it has different meanings to different ppl and different generations
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I'm around old cats too and out they mouths I've never heard no KRS One. Rakim, Kane, Kool G Rap, but never no KRS One. I was young around that time, but I can go back and listen and none of you old ? can tell me that KRS One is on they levels. Let that man be average.

They don't wanna see the light bruh. Krs One has been calling himself the teacher for so long that it's clouding their judgement on the real. Krs One is juiced up to be this rapper that you never diss & even said that he write diss songs for the top 10 popular rappers but when it is time to flex his muscle & show why you don't diss him then he came up atrocious with wack lines

"I don't mean to knock ya Nelly
    But ain't you that MTV house ? with a spine like jelly?"

with a spine like jelly?????????????????? really bruh lol? That line is the 2002 version of "you sweeter than a butter cup" lol but they don't wanna admit that the teacher failed them

Chuck D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KRS One

I don't think Chuck D could hold an album down without Flavor Flav.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm around old cats too and out they mouths I've never heard no KRS One. Rakim, Kane, Kool G Rap, but never no KRS One. I was young around that time, but I can go back and listen and none of you old ? can tell me that KRS One is on they levels. Let that man be average.

They don't wanna see the light bruh. Krs One has been calling himself the teacher for so long that it's clouding their judgement on the real. Krs One is juiced up to be this rapper that you never diss & even said that he write diss songs for the top 10 popular rappers but when it is time to flex his muscle & show why you don't diss him then he came up atrocious with wack lines

with a spine like jelly?????????????????? really bruh lol? That line is the 2002 version of "you sweeter than a butter cup" lol but they don't wanna admit that the teacher failed them

Krs was an entity within himself
    Chuck d wasnt
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

I strike a nerve and old MC's wantin a comeback
    I got repsect but it's lost and that's a fact
    Like K - "Know" one here even said your name
    R - You really feeling guilty bout something mayn
    S - Sad to see you really just want just
    One - more hit please please!
    You the first old man who should get a rapper's pension
    No hit since the cordless mic invention
    Snitching? Matter fact stay the ? out the kitchen

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »

Lmao @ "know one said your name" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA typical ? baby era grasp of the English language utilized to force a wack ass rhyme

Jesus Christ

I'd say that 99-2002 period had to be some of the darkest days for hiphop music overall ....? were just lost during that period
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never liked KRS One , hate his voice and his flow , sounds like a deaf ? dude on the bus lecturing people about ? .

Nelly destroyed him too when the we're beefing............. LOL JK JK JK
  • Turfaholic

Lmao @ "know one said your name" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA typical ? baby era grasp of the English language utilized to force a wack ass rhyme

Jesus Christ

I'd say that 99-2002 period had to be some of the darkest days for hiphop music overall ....? were just lost during that period

Bruh

You posted that wack ass "you were made on MTV, I was made on the streets" line. Other ? posted more decent ? .
    lrEgBvE.jpg
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited August 2015

Jesus Christ

Bruh

You posted that wack ass "you were made on MTV, I was made on the streets" line. Other ? posted more decent ? .
    lrEgBvE.jpg

Wack?

You are literally in here caping for NELLY!

Nelly ? .....

"Im just kidding like jason" ...Nelly

"Know one said your name" ...Nelly

Lmao @ the irony

PhEHEz3.gif

FOH with that crackbaby ? ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    take the music they made out of the question, success/accolades wise

yall would rather have krs one career or nelly's last 15 years?

no diss on either side im just curious.

I'd rather be a legend than a fly by night rapper. And it ain't like KRS One is broke either.

so u'd rather have krs 1 career?

whats the definition of fly by night?

does being relevant for 12 years musically and 15 period fall under that?

Nelly had a 4 year run you may stretch it out to 6. He's not a legend, no one has him in their top 5/10, he has no classic albums.

KRS 1 is a legend, highly influential, classic albums and is a debatable goat depending on who you ask. So yes I'd rather have KRS career.

Define "relevant"?

lol oh u mean the old heads who think everything after them is wack and say hip hop is dead as soon as a new generation comes up. yea they definitely had some perspective for me

when i think fly by night i think chicken noodle soup or some ? , nelly is still having success now. not sayin he a legend but everybody dont have to be, doesnt mean he aint have a good career.

Nelly had a run and is a footnote in hip hop history. He had his lane, but if yall keep ? on a pioneer like KRS while bigging up Nelly, then it's fair to call him fly by night. Nelly has success as he's now delved into acting, can't take that away from him. But he'll never be as important and revered in this culture as KRS One and no amount of pop hits and sales will change that.

ive seen a lot of the people in here that think nelly won or dont fool with krs give him his credit so idk where ? on a pioneer comes from, just like idk where yall got the idea ? think he wasnt an influence

Strangely enough most of the people that thought Nelly won the battle are southerners.

So y'all don't see people on here ? on KRS One?

He's influential and shouldn't even be in the same category as no damn Nelly. The fact that we're having this discussion is a problem in itself.

u are reaching and tryna start regional ? , u used to be better than this. u dont even know where ? is from(no one knows where genocide is from)

KRS One dropped the better diss records lyrically ? on Nelly-subjective as ? u prolly cant even recall any quotables w/o google's help.

lol @ mainstream spotlight, a place krs has never been. he never needed it for any of his other beefs but now its a valid excuse, ? please. and u know damn well he aint end nelly career. and i hope u aint just making up that summer jam ? . nelly was at such a high, he was bound to fall off, every one has highs and lows to some extent but krs one had no effect on him and u know this. u say maybe its cuz people didnt care. why wouldnt they care about a legend, they cared about cassidy vs meek when meek was the bigger star. maybe krs one diss was just ? wack. this discussion is clearly proof of ? that are fans of ? b4 their time being upset that not everyone likes the same ? and because of that they will reach and cry and even make up more slander about the artist they love than what was actually said.

i could see a generation only knowing nelly for acting if we were talm bout 2025 or sum

at the end of the day krs one aint do what he said he was gon do and his diss musically wasnt strong enough, he lost. its like in sports when a team gets the upset win, dont mean they better fundamentally or overall, but on that night, they lost.

Genocide is from SC, and all the dudes I listed are from the south. I'm not starting regional ? , I'm stating what I've noticed.

Lyrics/lyricism is not subjective I thought we already established that?

KRS One's peak was in the 80's, Nelly started popping 12/13 years after KRS One's peak. That's like if Nelly tried to beef with Drake NOW. When KRS One was beefing with Shan KRS was in his prime popularity wise.

I never said KRS One ended Nelly's career. I said it was coincidental how Nelly's career took a nosedive after beefing with KRS One. Yes Nelly did get booed off the stage at summerjam that's documented fact.

KRS diss being "wack" is subjective. Nelly had the pop audience and better resources at the time so his ? got heard. Nelly responded on the Roc Tha Mic remix a popular song at the time. Radio wasn't playing KRS's response due to his run being over.

No one gives a ? who ? like and don't like. Nelly and KRS don't belong in the same category and this argument is disgraceful. And KRS had the better diss lyrically so he won. But I'm arguing with a dude that probably don't give a ? that Drake used ghostwriters because the songs were hot. So of course you'd think Nelly "won" the beef. Hip hop has become a bizarro world.

ive said several times that drake using ghostwriters is wack, so not only are u a mod tryna start regional ? , apparently u dont read the posts on here either. especially since u think ? are saying nelly is better than krs lyrically. krs one's run being over is not an excuse for radio not playing his diss, roc the mic remix wasnt even a huge single and krs wasnt even that many years removed from his last relevant single plus he's a legend. stop making excuses. its ok to like krs more but the diss was weak and u kno it. like i said everyone falls off at some point and you're part of the proof. id expect u to be open minded enough to think that someone can like lyricism and still think nelly won the beef overall but of course you're an elitist and there's only one way those clowns think so there's that. its hilarious u say hip hop has become a bizarro world, you're a contributor.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    ? trippin on

"know one"

really bruh? a hunnid ? make typing mistakes worse than that on here including the ? trippin on it. but its ? baby when nelly put it in a rap. stop reaching. pseudo intellects.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    ? trippin on

"know one"

really bruh? a hunnid ? make typing mistakes worse than that on here including the ? trippin on it. but its ? baby when nelly put it in a rap. stop reaching. pseudo intellects.

That ain't no typing mistake you ? BAMMA

Nelly was trying to play off of The initials in KRS One's name and ? failed miserably because like you he doesn't understand the difference between "know one" and "no one"

You country ass idiots be proud of coming off dumb tho so it don't surprise me
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    yes bruh i know nelly's wasnt a typing mistake and it was playin off krs. im pretty sure nelly and everyone else in the world who made it past kindergarden knows the difference.

the point was if u knew that why are u trippin on the spellin knowin you make worse mistakes every day

of course that went over your cole from martin lookin and thinkin ass head so u missed that

stick to smart/dumb nba analysis bruh.

jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect his contributions
    Just don't like his music
  • Turfaholic

Jesus Christ

Bruh

lrEgBvE.jpg

Wack?

You are literally in here caping for NELLY!

Nelly ? .....

"Im just kidding like jason" ...Nelly

"Know one said your name" ...Nelly

Lmao @ the irony

PhEHEz3.gif

FOH with that crackbaby ? ?
    6JdevAX.jpg
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    yes bruh i know nelly's wasnt a typing mistake and it was playin off krs. im pretty sure nelly and everyone else in the world who made it past kindergarden knows the difference.

the point was if u knew that why are u trippin on the spellin knowin you make worse mistakes every day

of course that went over your cole from martin lookin and thinkin ass head so u missed that

He knew the difference but thought it would be a good idea to purposely include it in a DISS record? lol

Awwwwwww Yes ...I love when a BAMMA further cements my theory that they love looking like buffoons in public ....this BAMMA is literally fighting for nellys right to appear ? lmaooooooo

I swear you only see this attitude with country ? ....it's hilarious tho ...they don't value intelligence tho so what do you expect

Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

More power to them ? ? lol
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRS 1 is my second favorite rapper after Chuck D. it took til the year 2015 for me to see it.

Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins

He knew the difference but thought it would be a good idea to purposely include it in a DISS record? lol

Awwwwwww Yes ...I love when a BAMMA further cements my theory that they love looking like buffoons in public ....this BAMMA is literally fighting for nellys right to appear ? lmaooooooo

I swear you only see this attitude with country ? ....it's hilarious tho ...they don't value intelligence tho so what do you expect

Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

u ol try to hard key and peele ass ? .

there's prolly bars uve defended b4 with some ridiculous rhyme bending or some ? , but u harpin on this.

get some ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT

Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

there's prolly bars uve defended b4 with some ridiculous rhyme bending or some ? , but u harpin on this.

get some ? .

Man I love laughing at you country bumpkins ....This ? is literally making up a phantom scenario alllllllll to justify his reasoning for caping this backwood dumb ? BAMMA ? .......yet I'm the one trying *too hard .............LMAOOOOOOOOOO ohhhhh the irony

Get a brain Scarecrow
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be merged with the Projact pat thread
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Autobiography_of_Mistachuck.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins

Kanye-Shrug-300x286.jpg

get some ? .

Man I love laughing at you country bumpkins ....This ? is literally making up a phantom scenario alllllllll to justify his reasoning for caping this backwood dumb ? BAMMA ? .......yet I'm the one trying *too hard .............LMAOOOOOOOOOO ohhhhh the irony

Get a brain Scarecrow

i said prolly

prolly not.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Knowledge reigns Supreme over nearly everyone
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    loch121 wrote: »
    Knowledge reigns Supreme over nearly everyone.....except BAMMAS

FIXED.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smp4life wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »

Autobiography_of_Mistachuck.jpg

^^^ There was a song on that album called NO that was pretty dope but otherwise that album had zero impact. Truthfully I don't know anybody that heard it, and considering my age bracket and my peers, you'd think somebody would have copped it.

No - Chuck D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qWF2TNSjUc
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, You...Must...LEEEEAAARRNN!!