why do so many people call Jay-Z a biter?

Options
nineties
nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
he was paying homage to Big. paying homage doesn't mean biting. I thought this would be common sense.

Comments

• nineties
    edited August 2015
    Options
    the ironic thing is, the album most people regard as Jigga's best album is Reasonable Doubt, the album with 0 homage lines to Big. He didn't need Big's lines to shine.

This isn't a Biggie hate thread btw. I'm just calling it straight down the line.
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Cam'ron put together a dissertation on this subject complete with references
    https://youtu.be/ybEZF4Vbe3A

This.
  • nineties
    Options
    Plus, his own flow is foolish.

In Chicago next month. Where should we meet up?
    giphy.gif

I see what you did there. this thread isn't worth discussing.
  • nineties
    Options

I remember this. it's from like '05
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The funny thing is I don't know if it was Jay or somebody else but there was one put together of Cam doing the same thing with just as many "biting" lyrics.... I can't find it no more but I remember I had it on a old mix I made hella years ago
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He payed homage a little too much, he even bit Nas.

During the beef at that
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not this ? again..
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How?
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

The funny thing is I don't know if it was Jay or somebody else but there was one put together of Cam doing the same thing with just as many "biting" lyrics.... I can't find it no more but I remember I had it on a old mix I made hella years ago

That's true. I have the tape. It's on one of the P-cutta street wars that came out in 06. It's called i dont write ? or something

Edit:

Here we go
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=i9JaBQ-kC5Q

There it go.....so guess Cam is a biter too now right??? Or we just gonna ignore it lol
  • nineties
    edited August 2015
    Options

so there's a limit to how much you should pay homage to someone? he was Biggie's homeboy ffs.
    yeah He bit Nas because he was still alive. when it comes to Biggie though, it's a different story.
    illedout wrote: »
    not this ? again..

I agree. this is old news.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Jay z a washed up has been his hardest bars was lines he jacked from big. If biggie was still alive nobody would know who jay z is, jay career didnt take off until big passed away only then was he able to sell records. He swagger jacked bigs flow and style look at how he rapped before Reasonable Doubt which is hot garbage truck juice jigga was rapping all fast like he was a member of bone thugs then he switched to the slower flow and mafia raps jacking bigs delivery and slang.

Biggie >>>jayz

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought biting was taking someone's lyrics or flow and trying to pass it off as yours. Most of the ? that Jay quotes is well known Biggie, Kane,etc lines. Plus how many rappers have used a Jay lyric or flow ranging from Lil Wayne, Game, Lupe,etc.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was a version that came out, way longer than this...
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Who says that? Like what type of people. Like thats the type of thing that dont matter. It dont stop him or slow him down. But I would chalk that type thing to "useless chatter" they aint got to listen to his sht if they dont like it. Its like people aint got jobs or lives or...who got time listen to what you like and move on if it aint for you. time spent talkin bout somethin like that is backwards.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can tell ? didn't listen to vol.1 in particular city is mine he laid this out in the first verse "there for a world with amnesia won't forget your name"
  • nineties
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Biggie was out here talking bout sucking ? and ?

this post reminds me of that Fazeem user that used to post here 6-7 years ago.