why do so many people call Jay-Z a biter?

Options

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RD went gold bruh
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I always thought biting was taking someone's lyrics or flow and trying to pass it off as yours. Most of the ? that Jay quotes is well known Biggie, Kane,etc lines. Plus how many rappers have used a Jay lyric or flow ranging from Lil Wayne, Game, Lupe,etc.

These dudes playing dumb bro
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mchg is a great album, we all just don't know our history
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    He payed homage a little too much, he even bit Nas.

How?

"From the ? to the tomb, from now until my doom / Drink Army from one cup pass it around the room / That's the ritual"

Rapping Nas Verbal Intercouse bars on the same album he's dissing Nas
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus, his own flow is foolish.

In Chicago next month. Where should we meet up?
    giphy.gif

Jazz Fest!!
  • _God_
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »

How?

"From the ? to the tomb, from now until my doom / Drink Army from one cup pass it around the room / That's the ritual"

First off nas is far from the only ? that used from the ? to the tomb in rap, and like u said that's the ? on nas album, era, so what better way to ? on a ? than to take his own claim to fame and use it against him? Max b used the ballin adlib on a few diss songs against Jim jones
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Curren$y does the same exact thing (x10) but you never hear the same ? that call Hov a biter say that about Spitta. ? is hypocrites/haters.

They all just dickriding Nas's opinion from ether. You never heard that accusation before that. Just like all of a sudden Em "murdered" Jay on Renegade when in reality they both evenly kilt that track

They would criticize how Jay breathes if they could on some "why Jay gotta breathe all the air with his big nose and big lips". ? ? can't think for themsleves

How old is you? Before the beef, jay was a big biter, that was well known. It was also well known Em murdered Jay on Renegade. None of this ? was new when Nas said it.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Plus, his own flow is foolish.

In Chicago next month. Where should we meet up?
    giphy.gif

Jazz Fest!!

Deal
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    nineties wrote: »
    the ironic thing is, the album most people regard as Jigga's best album is Reasonable Doubt, the album with 0 homage lines to Big. He didn't need Big's lines to shine.

This isn't a Biggie hate thread btw. I'm just calling it straight down the line.

Thats the thing. RD didnt have shine or luster. It was dull and overlooked. 85% of the ? was watching WB Kids when RD dropped. They fail to believe that the $500 millon dollar land mammal was once just another mafioso east coast rapper trying to fit into Raekwon and Nas lane.

RD didnt do it for him or Rocafella Records. He went to Def Jam under and let Puffy executive produce vol 1 so he can get that jiggy shiny suit sound.

But everybody was a jiggy shiny suit rapper in 97. Lox, Nas, Puffy. This another lane Jay Z merged into too late. He saw what real CEOs like Birdman and Master P doing down south this ? started rapping about Bling Bling, Bounce With Me. Like DMX asked him in 98 "When NY start bouncing?" UGK did him a favor to give him some street cred with real ? and he re records his verse because our ? ? C murdered him on his own ? . Ungrateful ? .

In 2000 after 2 albums the prior year Nas plays the background and releases a crew album based around QB fam. Months later Jay Z does the same ? but instead of being a Beans and Bleek album like he promised he hogs up the stinker but gets outshined by Face and Freeway

Krs 1 releases a album called Blueprint in 1990. I meant Jay Z releases an album called blueprint in 2001

He bit from Master P and Too Short retirement book only to come back like Master P and Too Short

American Wanksta is his biggest lie. This is fantasy drug dealing raps meeting science fiction by warping the fragment of time. After that wack ass Kingdom ? Jay Z jumped on the trap wave that Gucci and Jeezy made popular in 2006-2007. He bit off more than he can chew on this album. He got his dates, duck tales and even POV refrences all mixed up. Once again I will ask you jigga warrior like i did in 09. What ? was smoking/selling ? and hollerin "rock boys" in 1970-1971 Harlem.

WTT was a leech album that not only aged horribly but is the grave marker for Kanye West career. Jay Z rapped about wearing and having swag like Dricky Graham. Shameless ? of his legacy, his friendship and working relationshp with Kanye just to get an album on the charts. WTT sounds so ? dated in 2015

Magna Carta Holy Fail is his ? album. After he saw Nicki, Wayne and Drake successfully cross back and forth between urban and crag charts Jay Z figured he could do the same with that generic euro pop sound. I thought I would never hear Jay Z uninspiringly and lazily belt out the wack ? that he did on Tom Ford then again this is the same ? who made Ghetto Techno

you are ?
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How?

First off nas is far from the only ? that used from the ? to the tomb in rap, and like u said that's the ? on nas album, era, so what better way to ? on a ? than to take his own claim to fame and use it against him? Max b used the ballin adlib on a few diss songs against Jim jones

"That's the ritual" makes it clear he's taking it from Nas not anywhere else. and I don't understand the bolded
  • _God_
    Options

How?

"That's the ritual" makes it clear he's taking it from Nas not anywhere else. and I don't understand the bolded

Ok say u ballin against mj, if you really want to stick it him, you're going to have you're tongue waggin, then you're going act like you're going right, then boom you stop on a dime, you guide you're defender to keep going right, then you pull back and drain a 21 footer, all net, then leave your hand up.

That shittin on mj with his own move, that's how you ? on the ? you're going against with his own claim to fame ( nas' classic verses)

It's an analogy
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a difference between paying homage and being on a ? ?
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    nineties wrote: »
    the ironic thing is, the album most people regard as Jigga's best album is Reasonable Doubt, the album with 0 homage lines to Big. He didn't need Big's lines to shine.

This isn't a Biggie hate thread btw. I'm just calling it straight down the line.

Thats the thing. RD didnt have shine or luster. It was dull and overlooked. 85% of the ? was watching WB Kids when RD dropped. They fail to believe that the $500 millon dollar land mammal was once just another mafioso east coast rapper trying to fit into Raekwon and Nas lane.

RD didnt do it for him or Rocafella Records. He went to Def Jam under and let Puffy executive produce vol 1 so he can get that jiggy shiny suit sound.

But everybody was a jiggy shiny suit rapper in 97. Lox, Nas, Puffy. This another lane Jay Z merged into too late. He saw what real CEOs like Birdman and Master P doing down south this ? started rapping about Bling Bling, Bounce With Me. Like DMX asked him in 98 "When NY start bouncing?" UGK did him a favor to give him some street cred with real ? and he re records his verse because our ? ? C murdered him on his own ? . Ungrateful ? .

In 2000 after 2 albums the prior year Nas plays the background and releases a crew album based around QB fam. Months later Jay Z does the same ? but instead of being a Beans and Bleek album like he promised he hogs up the stinker but gets outshined by Face and Freeway

Krs 1 releases a album called Blueprint in 1990. I meant Jay Z releases an album called blueprint in 2001

He bit from Master P and Too Short retirement book only to come back like Master P and Too Short

American Wanksta is his biggest lie. This is fantasy drug dealing raps meeting science fiction by warping the fragment of time. After that wack ass Kingdom ? Jay Z jumped on the trap wave that Gucci and Jeezy made popular in 2006-2007. He bit off more than he can chew on this album. He got his dates, duck tales and even POV refrences all mixed up. Once again I will ask you jigga warrior like i did in 09. What ? was smoking/selling ? and hollerin "rock boys" in 1970-1971 Harlem.

WTT was a leech album that not only aged horribly but is the grave marker for Kanye West career. Jay Z rapped about wearing and having swag like Dricky Graham. Shameless ? of his legacy, his friendship and working relationshp with Kanye just to get an album on the charts. WTT sounds so ? dated in 2015

Magna Carta Holy Fail is his ? album. After he saw Nicki, Wayne and Drake successfully cross back and forth between urban and crag charts Jay Z figured he could do the same with that generic euro pop sound. I thought I would never hear Jay Z uninspiringly and lazily belt out the wack ? that he did on Tom Ford then again this is the same ? who made Ghetto Techno

Standing ovation for this post

Everything got covered
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    There is a difference between paying homage and being on a ? ?

? can nosign this all they want but when it come to Jay Z yall be giving the ? a pass that yall know, that yall KNOW yall be killin Game for.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    man i don't right ? !

lmao Cam's version always mad me laugh
  • mchg
    mchg Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Options
    Cuz when you're the GOAT & inspire legions of Nas Lost stans & Camel haters to walk around w/ their period thongs inna twist & the meer mention of ur GOATness they'll come up w/ any delusional ? 2 downplay the fact that u ? on their fav in every way possible :bawling:

As if Hov ain't tell y'all way back in '97 on City Is Mine that he was gon keep Biggie's legacy alive by spittin his lyrics, & he's done exactly that :bawling:

Hov's taken Biggie further than Gaydakiss, NAs Lost, or any MC in history has & kept his memory burning bright in the most hip hop way possible...with BARS :bawling:

Nas Lost stans & Camel haters LOST :bawling:
  • Sgt HJ
    Sgt HJ Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    We see where Cam is and we see where Jay is. Harlem ninjas.. LOL!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    didn't jay also bite another nas rhyme with the swade timbs on my feet makes my cypher complete line? you jay stans are in denial, I remember when I was young and I heard jay spit "I take the cake from under the bakers thumb" and I thought wow thats a nice line, I thought it was nice for years until I found out it was kanes line, if jay can bite so much from rappers we KNOW then theres no telling what ? he's stole from behind the scenes, an eminem line springs to mind.

"I listen to your demo tape and act like I don't like it/ 6 months later you hear your lyrics on my ? "
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mchg wrote: »
    Cuz when you're the GOAT & inspire legions of Nas Lost stans & Camel haters to walk around w/ their period thongs inna twist & the meer mention of ur GOATness they'll come up w/ any delusional ? 2 downplay the fact that u ? on their fav in every way possible :bawling:

As if Hov ain't tell y'all way back in '97 on City Is Mine that he was gon keep Biggie's legacy alive by spittin his lyrics, & he's done exactly that :bawling:

Hov's taken Biggie further than Gaydakiss, NAs Lost, or any MC in history has & kept his memory burning bright in the most hip hop way possible...with BARS :bawling:

Nas Lost stans & Camel haters LOST :bawling:

Yeah because we really need jay to spit bigs raps so we don't forget big GTFOH.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as he don't rap the line bout sucking a man off
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that biggie line is from a richard pryor joke, idk how many times that has to be said to you ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the cool I want to hear a new Jay Z album. MTV awards was boring without him. I hope he drops Vol 4 in 2016