Christians, How long have we been "living in the last days?"

Options
soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in The Social Lounge
All my life I've been hearing how we're living in the last days. That the lawd is coming back soon. That I need to get saved before it's too late and hell's size is expanding.

For one, how unbelievably arrogant do you have to be make such a claim as if you have any proof? And how much longer until the end of days cause you people having been crying the proverbial wolf for a long ? time.

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are you and @kingblaze84 always ? about Christianity. And it's always about the same thing and you end up getting the same amswer. Christianity and Christians are made up of literally millions upon millions of people with different views values traditions. Not everyone believes the same thing.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I asked a simple question. Are we or are we not living in the last days? Rumors of war and all that ? ? I don't know if there has ever been a period in time in which there HASNT been war on some part of the planet.

Get out of your feelings and answer the ? question.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Why are you and @kingblaze84 always ? about Christianity. And it's always about the same thing and you end up getting the same amswer. Christianity and Christians are made up of literally millions upon millions of people with different views values traditions. Not everyone believes the same thing.

I'm not "always" complaining about Christianity, in fact I've been fairly quiet in some of the more recent religious threads. But the thread still deserves an answer though.....I'll just be observing the answers, assuming there are any, for now.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I asked a simple question. Are we or are we not living in the last days? Rumors of war and all that ? ? I don't know if there has ever been a period in time in which there HASNT been war on some part of the planet.

Get out of your feelings and answer the ? question.

LOL......
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't conclusively know we can only estimate based on certain events. Close thread
  • soul rattler
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    We don't conclusively know we can only estimate based on certain events. Close thread

LOL! What events? Rumors of war?
  • zzombie
    Options

LOL! What events? Rumors of war?

There are many events that have to happen before "the end times" 1 MAJOR event being the recreation of the nation of israel, the creation of the state of isreal was a major event for people who study christian prophecy.
  • zzombie
    Options
    The gospel being preached to all mankind
    increasing godlessness,evil, corruption of all sorts to a great magnitude.
    The return of israel
    the destruction of babylon
    the rise and rule of the antichrist

these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is the scary thing about messianic Abrahamic religions. They can't wait for this world to end and for everything in it to be obliterated. Silly baseless notions.

It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    Lol I literally answered why but in your hatred of Christianity you completly skipped over it.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The return of israel

these are just some of the events that have to happen during/before the end times.

So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't ? exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making ? up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.

It's also kind of weird how the world has to get WORSE before the savior comes back. Like people worldwide don't have serious problems already lol....I guess kids digging through garbage to find food to eat in India and other areas isn't bad enough. Things have to get WORSE then that.....bizarre.

You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

So let me get this straight. Regardless of the fact that man will not know the "day or the hour", you've been given vague clues as to when that day might be. Even though evil and godliness is all subjective in their interpretations. Even though Babylon doesn't ? exist anymore. Even though Israel is still a place. Even though there's a lunatic every week either claiming to be the antichrist or accusing someone of being the antichrist...

You think you've been given a blueprint to the end of days? If you don't know, just say you don't know and come together with your fellow Christians and admit you're making ? up. The fear mongering is ridiculous.

You know, the perfect time for the messiah to come back would have been when that murderous maniac flooded the entire planet. That would have been the best opportunity for heaven on Earth. But you know... logic.

We don't know the exact time down to the second but we are not totally in the darkness either there are signs and events that will let us estimate what times we are living in. BABYLON is a reference to the unity of spiritual,economic and political evil that will exist in a particular nation state. It does not mean the actual old babylon that used to exist. BABYLON symbolically represents a certain kind of evil.

Any one can be an anti-christ because all you have to do is deny the father and son. There are many people who are anti-christ, christians believe that there will be a major one that will have a connection to the end times.

To christians evil is not subjective the bible details what evil is very clearly

" Even through israel is still a place" ?????? israel has always been a place but it has not always been a nation state.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wearing the 45, it ain't to play games with you, it's to aim at you
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible ? . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible ? isn't capable of much.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wearing the 45, it ain't to play games with you, it's to aim at you

HOVE! You trying to say the other Jehovah is coming back like Mike?
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

Logic is one of the biggest enemies of the Bible ? . It's why it made the penalty for worshipping other gods death, although it's very logical to worship other gods (or none) if the Bible ? isn't capable of much.

That is a total misrepresentation, ? did not just ? people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

That is a total misrepresentation, ? did not just ? people ( non-israelites) for worshiping false gods however there were certain nations and their religions he in particularly did not like.

And what's the Bible ? 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible ? 's strong point.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in perspective., i mean man's been around for a long ? time, recorded history goes back tens of thousands of years....

last days may not be a week or two.....

it truly could last 100-500 years and still be a relatively short period
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

And what's the Bible ? 's penalty for worshipping other gods or being a part of other religions.....?

Also, what's the penalty for a town that encourages the worship of other gods.....? If you know the answer to these two questions, you should understand why I said logic isn't the Bible ? 's strong point.

It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that ? really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

You may make your own human judgement on the actions of ? but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.
  • kingblaze84
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The return of israel

It depends, if you were a part of ancient israel and you worshiped other gods... well say goodbye because you violated the deal. The greeks were pagan, the romans were pagan, Persians were pagan and he did not excessively PUNISH any of these people.

If you were a cannaite....well from my reading of the bible and study it seem that ? really did not like cannaite religions but he still gave them chances to behave they refused SOOOOO FIRE ON THEM.

You may make your own human judgement on the actions of ? but to say that they are not logical only shows your own ignorance on the subject.

But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible ? commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible ? commanded that its followers do the same.

Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible ? is not logical, it's petty and childish.
  • The_Jackal
    Options
    The return of israel

But even outside the Canaanites, the Bible ? commands the death of even a son or daughter if they worship differently lol smh. And a whole town or city can be killed off for doing the same, if a group did things like that now they would be called terrorists. Christians whine and complain when Muslim groups do things like this but the Bible ? commanded that its followers do the same.

Deuteronomy is a clear example of this and taking a LIFE because someone has RATIONALLY lost faith in the impotent Bible ? is not logical, it's petty and childish.

LOL where has ? or Jesus every commanded any CHRISTIANS to do such a thing. If you read and understood the bible you would know that Jews don't equal Christian