2»

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    RIP Wes

He gave us the Nightmare series and Nightmare before Christmas

That was Tim Burton lol

However if it wasn't for Craven I don't think I would've really gotten into horror the way I did. The original Nightmare and The Serpent and the Rainbow really had that kinda impact on me back in the late 80's and I never really looked back.

Wes was also awesome for not only making a horror movie when I was a kid with the first kid I could really relate to cause he looked more like me and like me also came from the ghetto (People Under the Stairs) but for making the first full blown horror comedy with a black cast since Blackula (Vampire in Brooklyn).

Another thing I saw pointed out on a website I regularly frequent (outlawvern.com) is that when you look back on it he pretty much is directly responsible for the genesis of a lot of horror eras.

Like if it wasn't for The Last House on the Left who knows if we would've had the slasher movie cycle from the 70's that led to movies like Halloween. Of course if it wasn't for the original Nightmare the 80's horror movie landscape would look completely different same with Scream in the 90's. It's a shame he never got to do something similar in the last decade or even this one but I don't think there was a more influential director in the genre.

Also Johnny Depp better say something. If it wasn't for Wes Craven's daughter thinking he was hot we wouldn't even know who the hell he is.

Goated strictly for Vampire In Brooklyn. Me and best friend used to watch that movie all the time. Had a nice story with it too. Lol at Kadeem Hardison hand falling off.

Damn shame what he did to that dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtvOhmXIFE

Interesting. I’ve been stabbed, and I’ve been hanged, and I’ve been burned. Even broken on the rack once, but I’ve never been shot before. Kind of itches a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQRjBKfYwU

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jee504 wrote: »
    RIP Wes

That was Tim Burton lol

However if it wasn't for Craven I don't think I would've really gotten into horror the way I did. The original Nightmare and The Serpent and the Rainbow really had that kinda impact on me back in the late 80's and I never really looked back.

Wes was also awesome for not only making a horror movie when I was a kid with the first kid I could really relate to cause he looked more like me and like me also came from the ghetto (People Under the Stairs) but for making the first full blown horror comedy with a black cast since Blackula (Vampire in Brooklyn).

Another thing I saw pointed out on a website I regularly frequent (outlawvern.com) is that when you look back on it he pretty much is directly responsible for the genesis of a lot of horror eras.

Like if it wasn't for The Last House on the Left who knows if we would've had the slasher movie cycle from the 70's that led to movies like Halloween. Of course if it wasn't for the original Nightmare the 80's horror movie landscape would look completely different same with Scream in the 90's. It's a shame he never got to do something similar in the last decade or even this one but I don't think there was a more influential director in the genre.

Also Johnny Depp better say something. If it wasn't for Wes Craven's daughter thinking he was hot we wouldn't even know who the hell he is.

Goated strictly for Vampire In Brooklyn. Me and best friend used to watch that movie all the time. Had a nice story with it too. Lol at Kadeem Hardison hand falling off.

Damn shame what he did to that dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtvOhmXIFE

Interesting. I’ve been stabbed, and I’ve been hanged, and I’ve been burned. Even broken on the rack once, but I’ve never been shot before. Kind of itches a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQRjBKfYwU

Eddie as the ? was also funny as ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSIHF7VFFrM
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    as a kid freddy had me all ? up i never wanted to go to sleep after watching NOE and would never go into my basement because of it
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He also did Red eye which is underrated good flick
  • jee504
    Sion wrote: »
    RIP Wes

Johnny Depp once said yeas ago he would have been in Wes Craven's New Nightmare if he simply asked him. Wes said he didn't at the time because Johnny had become such a big star he wasn't sure if he'd a done it then. Johnny Depp had a cameo in Freddy 6 The Final Nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UW8W0J4l8

New Nightmare is hella underrated. That's one of my favorite ones.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depp Paid his dues
    ''Wes Craven was the guy who gave me my start, from my perspective, for almost no reason in particular. I read scenes with his daughter when I auditioned for the part. At the time, I was a musician. I wasn’t really acting. It was not anything very near to my brain or my heart, which is pretty much how it remains to this day. But Wes Craven was brave enough to give me the gig based on his daughter’s opinion. … I always think of her for putting me in this mess, and certainly Wes Craven for being very brave to give me this gig. But he was a good man — so rest in peace, old Wes.''
  • jee504
    The Serpent and The Rainbow used to creep me out as a kid.
    Probably one of my most favorites of his out of the known ones is Deadly Friend with Kristy Swanson.