Dr. Umar Johnson at The Breakfast Club

Options

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono..i dont have the time for a proper rebuttal, but you are off base on no. 2 and 3
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    I didnt watch the whole interview, i watched up until he started talking about ? so probably about 20 minutes or so and here are things he is wrong about:
    1. Females run the schools. This false. There are more female teachers but far more male principals. You know the guys who hire and fire teachers. So how do females "run" the system when they are on the bottom of the totem pole? Notice he also gave no citation on the subject he just said it and everybody rode with it.

2. Boys "cant sit still" for 7 hours but magically girls can because testosterone and estrogen. Boys have no more or less ability to "sit still" than girls do, notice also he gave no citation for this, he just said it and everyone rode with it.

Being able to pay attention is more about instruction style, which they addressed in the interview. School is ? boring NOBODY wants to be there. There has been no scientific explanation as to why black girls and black boys have different educational attainment other than boys learn differently than girls.

3. Boys get in trouble for not exhibiting "feminine behavior" this is under the same umbrella as 2 but when asked the only example he gave was "lacking self-control". Is that really your argument? Boys have less self-control than girls? Thats another thing ? just let slide.

4. He talked about kids selling drugs out of desperation and because there are no jobs. He isnt totally wrong here but what is omitted is that most drug dealers are underage and thus cant hold a "real" job anyway. Charlamagne noted he did it because of association and that is far more likely to be the case than desperation. Kids dont have bills what they ? they so desperate for? ? they dont really need and but ? they want.

He is right about special ed classes being a trash can. Sometimes they just put kids with behavioral disorders in special ed even though nothing is wrong with their ability to learn.

He is right about the over diagnosis of ADHD and overprescription of drugs but ADHD is some real ? . You cant just beat a kid into behaving.

Class overcrowding is obvious. Everybody knows thats true.

I didnt care about the rest of that ? .

The bold contradict #2 and 3 because once you admit that boys and girls learn differently even when put in the same school environment that you admit no one wants to be in then isn't it logical to assume that there very well could be genetic/hormonal differences that account for the gap in educational attainment between boys and girls.
    Its actually illogical to assume something without proper citation. Im not going back and forth on this ? . Proof ? ...proof.

Theres been a noticeable difference in educational attainment for 30 years and no physical science is behind that statement. Social science? Maybe.
    The teachers run the system because teachers cannot be fired or at least it's not easy to fire them also their union is no ? joke. So while on paper the principals run the school and do administer it, the teachers do in essence run the "system".

Teachers unions have nothing to do with this. All teachers are just employees the principal hired. There are more male principals so they set agendas, funding all thw executive ? not a teacher.
    AND MOST drug dealers are not under age i don't know where you got that from most criminals period are 18 and over.

? . Most people age out of crime before they turn 24 many start as young as 14. I know what im talking about.
  • jono
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    jono..i dont have the time for a proper rebuttal, but you are off base on no. 2 and 3

Well you can produce the science behind it at your own leisure.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The ? about the celebrities is maybe they don't agree with all his views. Can you imagine Beyonce donating money to this dudes cause when a large percentage of her fanbase is homosexuals. Can you imagine Puff and Jay donating to a ? cause when a large chunk of their income comes from selling to white young adults with their products.

Look at what they did to Arsenio for Farrakhan. What makes you think they wouldn't lynch these celebrities for aligning with a ? who does think ? are born that way.
    the belief that, wht folks punish blk celebs because they're radicals, or associated with radicals is ? .

LGBT are only 3.2 percent of the united states population... there's a little over 9 million ? ppl in this country out 0f 310,000,000 ppl.
    BEyonce has way more blk fans than ? fans.

wht young adults are the most un-socially aware demographic in the country, especially when it comes to blk culture, they know about it, but they don't follow it.
    when 2Pac was making songs like Holler if Your me, who was buying his albums? when Ice Cube was making songs like cave ? who was buying his albums?
    Was'nt ? Gregory in kevin durant's commercial?
    isn't Ice Cube still a successful independent business man?
    aren't J.Cole and Kendrick currently the 2 of the biggest acts in hiphop, and are out selling, ? making monkey music?

blk celebrities don't support the blk community because, they don't want to.. blk celebrities don't speak out because they don't want too.
    the breakfast club has had Farrahkhan, Boyce Watkins twice, now Umar Johnson all in the time span of 3 months... aren't they still the number 1 morning show In NY ? City?

miss me with that excuse.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I didnt watch the whole interview, i watched up until he started talking about ? so probably about 20 minutes or so and here are things he is wrong about:
    1. Females run the schools. This false. There are more female teachers but far more male principals. You know the guys who hire and fire teachers. So how do females "run" the system when they are on the bottom of the totem pole? Notice he also gave no citation on the subject he just said it and everybody rode with it.

2. Boys "cant sit still" for 7 hours but magically girls can because testosterone and estrogen. Boys have no more or less ability to "sit still" than girls do, notice also he gave no citation for this, he just said it and everyone rode with it.

Being able to pay attention is more about instruction style, which they addressed in the interview. School is ? boring NOBODY wants to be there. There has been no scientific explanation as to why black girls and black boys have different educational attainment other than boys learn differently than girls.

3. Boys get in trouble for not exhibiting "feminine behavior" this is under the same umbrella as 2 but when asked the only example he gave was "lacking self-control". Is that really your argument? Boys have less self-control than girls? Thats another thing ? just let slide.

4. He talked about kids selling drugs out of desperation and because there are no jobs. He isnt totally wrong here but what is omitted is that most drug dealers are underage and thus cant hold a "real" job anyway. Charlamagne noted he did it because of association and that is far more likely to be the case than desperation. Kids dont have bills what they ? they so desperate for? ? they dont really need and but ? they want.

He is right about special ed classes being a trash can. Sometimes they just put kids with behavioral disorders in special ed even though nothing is wrong with their ability to learn.

He is right about the over diagnosis of ADHD and overprescription of drugs but ADHD is some real ? . You cant just beat a kid into behaving.

The bold contradict #2 and 3 because once you admit that boys and girls learn differently even when put in the same school environment that you admit no one wants to be in then isn't it logical to assume that there very well could be genetic/hormonal differences that account for the gap in educational attainment between boys and girls.
    Its actually illogical to assume something without proper citation. Im not going back and forth on this ? . Proof ? ...proof.

Theres been a noticeable difference in educational attainment for 30 years and no physical science is behind that statement. Social science? Maybe.
    The teachers run the system because teachers cannot be fired or at least it's not easy to fire them also their union is no ? joke. So while on paper the principals run the school and do administer it, the teachers do in essence run the "system".

Teachers unions have nothing to do with this. All teachers are just employees the principal hired. There are more male principals so they set agendas, funding all thw executive ? not a teacher.
    AND MOST drug dealers are not under age i don't know where you got that from most criminals period are 18 and over.

? . Most people age out of crime before they turn 24 many start as young as 14. I know what im talking about.

You want proper citation on a radio show interview??? I don't think he came there with anything written down you want proper citation and justification for some of the things he said buy his book.

principals have far less power than you think first of all they cannot always fire and hire who they wish and they don't really hire teachers the teachers don't work for the principle the teachers work for the school system and they both work for the board of education and the teachers union has significant influence over the board.

underage means under 18 most criminals are above that age so you are factually incorrect, http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0324.pdf
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @jono you want proof that little boys act differently than little girls and that they learn differently???? now umar got the hormone wrong but the heart of what he is saying is correct

"Boys have less serotonin and oxytocin -- hormones that play a role in promoting a sense of calm -- than girls. That's why it's more likely that young boys will fidget and act impulsively. "Teachers think the boy who can't sit still and is wriggling in his chair and making noise is being defiant," Leonard Sax, MD, author of Why Gender Matters and Boys Adrift
  • jono
    Options

You want proper citation on a radio show interview??? I don't think he came there with anything written down you want proper citation and justification for some of the things he said buy his book.
    Funny he cited alot of ? in that interview but left that out huh? He also lectures on these same subjects so it should have been nothing.
    principals have far less power than you think first of all they cannot always fire and hire who they wish and they don't really hire teachers the teachers don't work for the principle the teachers work for the school system and they both work for the board of education and the teachers union has significant influence over the board.
    Answer this question: who has more power a teacher or a principal? Its a simple question.
    underage means under 18 most criminals are above that age so you are factually incorrect, http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0324.pdf

Google doesnt help you because FBI/Census information is only on KNOWN offenders. Those that have been charged/arrested/convicted and even then it depends on the police to provide that information to them.

Police are known for underreporting and overreporting crime.
  • jono
    Options
    I said i wasnt going back and forth. Im gonna hold to that. Believe what you want to. It is what it is.
  • zzombie
    Options

Funny he cited alot of ? in that interview but left that out huh? He also lectures on these same subjects so it should have been nothing.
    Answer this question: who has more power a teacher or a principal? Its a simple question.

Google doesnt help you because FBI/Census information is only on KNOWN offenders. Those that have been charged/arrested/convicted and even then it depends on the police to provide that information to them.

Police are known for underreporting and overreporting crime.

WHEN DID HE CITE ANYTHING in that interview??? when did he give page number and author???

Once hired an individual teacher has no more power than an individual principal and not every school district allows principals to hire who they wish.

If the numbers of criminal/offenders of a law are unknown then you have no argument to contest what i say because what legally makes you a criminal is actually be convicted. What are you basing what you are saying on then??? since you reject the FBI and police numbers, where are you getting your information from??? how are you going to prove that most criminals are underage while also ignoring people whose job it is to deal with crime all day.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing to note about economics in this country... Black people will never have the community and environment they want until the black family is strengthened.

People always note what the Asians, Jews, and Indians are doing and I think it all revolves around family.

How can we build wealth or even get out of poverty if we have all these single income households? America is becoming more reliant on dual income, even white people feel it. How can we address this?
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    One thing to note about economics in this country... Black people will never have the community and environment they want until the black family is strengthened.

People always note what the Asians, Jews, and Indians are doing and I think it all revolves around family.

How can we build wealth or even get out of poverty if we have all these single income households? America is becoming more reliant on dual income, even white people feel it. How can we address this?

We have to get rid of feminist thought and socially liberal thought. It is that simple.

we have to reestablish the concept of honor to men and women honor being the desire for respect among your peers.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not watch the whole thing, but from what I heard, some of it sounds very doubtful.

I'm not surprised, since so many of these IC dudes swear by him.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not watch the whole thing, but from what I heard, some of it sounds very doubtful.

I'm not surprised, since so many of these IC dudes swear by him.

yea it's doubtful, until a cracka say the same ? he saying 10-15 years from now . then you're gonna be posting asking the others to discuss.
  • jono
    Options
    @jono you want proof that little boys act differently than little girls and that they learn differently???? now umar got the hormone wrong but the heart of what he is saying is correct

"Boys have less serotonin and oxytocin -- hormones that play a role in promoting a sense of calm -- than girls. That's why it's more likely that young boys will fidget and act impulsively. "Teachers think the boy who can't sit still and is wriggling in his chair and making noise is being defiant," Leonard Sax, MD, author of Why Gender Matters and Boys Adrift

Since you want to debate.
    https://books.google.com/books?id=gXUUa4AJ4lIC&pg=PA305&lpg=PA305&dq=Boys+have+less+serotonin+and+oxytocin&source=bl&ots=HszjUIc9ue&sig=4FRaL1A2wlG9YHEc02tSfo3PJC8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDAQ6AEwB2oVChMIleDkl6DUxwIVimk-Ch0FIgg_#v=onepage&q=Boys have less serotonin and oxytocin&f=false

Page 305. Sax is a hack.

Even when girls couldn't go to school the educational system was the same. Hell even going back to Aristotle the concept of lecturer and student has been the same.

Kid sits while teacher teaches. This also has nothing to do with their ability to learn.

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids don't have bills?.. Bruh... Ah nevermind...
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options

https://books.google.com/books?id=gXUUa4AJ4lIC&pg=PA305&lpg=PA305&dq=Boys+have+less+serotonin+and+oxytocin&source=bl&ots=HszjUIc9ue&sig=4FRaL1A2wlG9YHEc02tSfo3PJC8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDAQ6AEwB2oVChMIleDkl6DUxwIVimk-Ch0FIgg_#v=onepage&q=Boys have less serotonin and oxytocin&f=false

Page 305. Sax is a hack.

Even when girls couldn't go to school the educational system was the same. Hell even going back to Aristotle the concept of lecturer and student has been the same.

Kid sits while teacher teaches. This also has nothing to do with their ability to learn.

Sax is a hack yet you bring up a book from a known feminsit who clearly would have a bias.

The educational system of the past in this country did not do the best job it could for boys just like it does a horrible job now. You do argument no good to bring up aristotle the ancient greeks of high class basically had one on one mentorship and tutoring.
  • zzombie
    Options
    You won't believe it when umar says it then listen to the white man say it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNIO10MtiEw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1Ckl-Gcqw
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    this is why Breakfast Club ? on Thot 97

But Ebro actually has discussions not just addressing rumors
  • jono
    edited August 2015
    Options

Page 305. Sax is a hack.

Sax is a hack yet you bring up a book from a known feminsit who clearly would have a bias.
    The educational system of the past in this country did not do the best job it could for boys just like it does a horrible job now. It your argument no good to bring up aristotle the ancient greeks of high class basically had one on one mentorship and tutoring.

Okay so they both biased. Sax is trying to promote single gender education systems and failing and i guess the author of that book is a feminist but i dont see where the science is wrong or false.

As far as the high class that still goes on right now. I dont see the purpose of bringing that up.

Second and more importantly, this is about the tradition of the educational system where in the world do they teach the way you or Sax are advocating? Where?

Even when you look at Africa the Griots were the same as the common teacher today.

griot1.jpg

And today the common African teacher is the same. In societies with higher educational attainment than the U.S. THEY TEACH THE SAME
    pupilsAPwide.jpg

The concept of kids chillin and learning through words despite any physical difference, if any, is the same the world over and has been for centuries.

Stop playing with me Smokey
  • zzombie
    edited August 2015
    Options

Page 305. Sax is a hack.

The educational system of the past in this country did not do the best job it could for boys just like it does a horrible job now. It your argument no good to bring up aristotle the ancient greeks of high class basically had one on one mentorship and tutoring.

Okay so they both biased. Sax is trying to promote single gender education systems and failing and i guess the author of that book is a feminist but i dont see where the science is wrong or false.

As far as the high class that still goes on right now. I dont see the purpose of bringing that up.

Second and more importantly, this is about the tradition of the educational system where in the world do they teach the way you or Sax are advocating? Where?

Even when you look at Africa the Griots were the same as the common teacher today.

griot1.jpg

And today the common African teacher is the same. In societies with higher educational attainment than the U.S. THEY TEACH THE SAME
    pupilsAPwide.jpg

The concept of kids chillin and learning through words despite any physical difference, if any, is the same the world over and has been for centuries.

Stop playing with me Smokey

In africa of the past there were not 15-20 kids sitting down in a class room all day, african society did not use that form of education. I brung up the past only because you brung up ARISTOTLE, BUT YOU are wrong any way because centuries ago most people were educated directly under a master or by parents. Centuries ago The upper class had schools for their children but most of them had very few students SO IT is going to be much easier to instill discipline in 6 students than it would be 20.

You want to know were they teach the way me or sax are advocating ??? so you have never heard of boys schools. Now i am not exactly advocating for one sex school like sax is, what I and I believe umar is advocating for is a change in the way boys are taught to a way that is more conducive to their temperament and natural desires. which is something a feminist would oppose because it would be recognizing fundamental gender differences and their results.

Also your argument boils down to this is the way it's been for a long time so we should keep doing it, but how has that ? worked out for men??? especially black men. We are falling behind our women.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great interview but I feel like I been through alotta examples he spoke on so I knew it already but when I was or currently telling ppl they didn't believe me