is it wrong to want a regular life?

Options
BrazilianHairMoney
BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone wants to be the greatest of all time, and look down on people who want to be regular..

What's wrong with being average?

Some people face depression because people want them to be more than what they are.

If a person have a hard life and survive why can't others just celebrate their existence? Why must people be criticised for being "average" or "basic" why must everyone be great?

Explain.. If a person is meant to be something they fall in their destiny... If u got to struggle to be it, its not meant to be. I settle for what come easy. If it don't come easy its not meant to be. I don't believe in fighting for a man, a good life, ... I just don't believe in it.

I can fight physical, but anything that cause mental instability is unhealthy. I work for what I got I don't ask. If I don't got it its not meant for me to have.

Life suppose to be easy, and that's my logic. We all gonna die, so I don't care about being great.

Some people bump heads with my logic. I don't get it.

Is this the wrong way to think? & why?

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should want to be the best at everything you do realistically you won't but that should be what you strive for.

Settling breeds content and laziness.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    an average life in reality is not having a decent 9-5 and average life is living in a hut 3 levels below the poverty line

the average life most people come down on aint even average, ? do anything and everything to avoid the average life to live like a ? copy cating another ? life who got lucky in his lane to begin with

ie wananbe drug dealers/rappers

ps: i aint read nothing you said because your writing style gives me headaches
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    I'm far from lazy, but I don't believe abuse is healthy.so therefore if reaching a goal is going thru abuse. I'm never gonna reach it. We got 1 life.& people waste it being abused thinking they gonna be the greatest. They just wind up being mental for success.

Overly competitive, competing when no one is competing. No one can be the greatest.. " reality"

I find some people goals fictional.. @ the end u human.. What exactly is people tryna be?

I'm just being real... There is nothing else to be but real and honest. Everything else is fiction
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of oeople feel that way, most wont say it tho. You arent alone, =)
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    an average life in reality is not having a decent 9-5 and average life is living in a hut 3 levels below the poverty line

the average life most people come down on aint even average, ? do anything and everything to avoid the average life to live like a ? copy cating another ? life who got lucky in his lane to begin with

ie wananbe drug dealers/rappers

ps: i aint read nothing you said because your writing style gives me headaches

That's a excuse because your writing style is no different..

But a average life is not below the poverty line... A average life is having your needs met, but not extremely rich.

Yes you can get very rich. But wealth is something in some people path. Its not about how hard u work. You either come across wealthy opportunities or you don't.. Wealth is nothing we should chase. If your needs are met, the only thing left to chase is contentment....

Satisfaction is what a human should desire.

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? nah i aint tryin to be "average"..
    but on the same note i dont look down on those who are..

i do however feel a certain type of way about average people who complain about bein average doin nothin about it..

if u like it i love it is my motto..
    so treat me wit the same respect.. cause alot of people got somethin to say about me wantin more out of life..
  • Rembrandt
    Rembrandt Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    I suppose it comes down to how you view yourself in the world. I don't think there's anything morally wrong with wanting "average". The problem, if there is one, lies in defining what "average" is. What is your definition of the term? If you simply want to live a life where the basic needs of you and your family are provided for, no one can begrudge you that.

Now, of course, you'll have to work to sustain it. The effort you put in to achieve that level of comfort will determine your "average" success.

Others, however, view themselves in the world as born to fulfill something greater. They see the flaws in society and feel obligated to correct them however they can. This is why most would call the "great" artist one who successfully communicates a message through their work. Greatness is a desire to achieve something that's bigger than just you; a desire to change the world. It's a rare trait because it requires so much discipline and self-belief.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great thread.

Life itself is hard to talk about , I mean who can fully understand the unknown?
    I am happy typing on one of my favorite sites for the moment.
  • Rembrandt
    Rembrandt Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    No human, past or present, will ever be fully satisfied.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand what you mean, some people are just meant to be in the background. There's nothing wrong with that

But there are other people who actually get depressed when they're not focused on achieving something. They gain purpose from working towards things. I think these are the people that usual become great
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're all average or do average things depending on the angle you look at. It's very difficult you escape. Remember believing and accomplishing are two very different things.

Some would even say the only way to escape mediocrity is the become a true man of ? . Because everything else could be considered average.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    two of the most attractive things in the world are success and confidence...

always be who you are, and always put forth your best effort....those should be two things that you never compromise...

even if your best effort is just "average" in the grand scheme of things, the fact that you're working your hardest and you're being true to yourself imo will always be fulfilling....
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should always achieve greatness no matter the profession. If you a garbage man be the world's greatest garbage man.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You will never know until you ve TRULLY TRIED.

You should not lacking of HEART IN LIFE. You should go for the maximum, the ULTIMACY of whatever if you want to discover your true habilities and fllows and limits.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with living a CONTENT life..if you are content in living an honest and modest life then there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Don't let anybody convince you otherwise.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are EMPOVERISHED mentally by the tricks of the pressuring consumming society.

Poverty starts with what you eat
    Poverty starts with the way you treat your body
    Poverty and failure developps when we average Joes rather buy the new phone than doing a check up

Failure starts when you rather buy expensive toys to your kids than heatlhy food and sport clubs

Failure and poverty wont go as long as you havnt decided to learn the economics and start UNVESTING ON THE FUTURE AKA BUILDING A DINASTY, an heritage.

People do try hard TS but on the most ? UP EMPOVERISING MENTALLY, HEALTHILLY AND ECONOMICALLY things.

If you try hard on sustainable areas at least you are building , showing the path to the next generation.

Thats why the Jews are in top. Thats why a chinese comes poor and witness the next generation geting richer.

What about us black people in the western world?

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you settle for being average to me personally it tells me a lot about your character, I will judge, but to each their own. Some people excel in life, but don't make a lot of money. People need to stop equating with how much money you equate is synonymous with how much value you bring to yourself or the world, family friends. Take the Kardashians for example. Humans beings are the only species who do less then they can on purpose what a shame
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno anyone that actually WANTS a regular life. Some people just want other things more than they want a lavish life. Nothing wrong with that.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Explains why Nas did what he did.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EMPOVERISHED is incorrect. It should be impoverished. Don't resist auto correct.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Average is variable to where you live. You can't find many "average" places to live in my city and if you do it's usually 2-4 roommates living together in order to afford "average". A "average" family of mother father will both NEED to work and will be below average financially if they procreate, so somebody has to take some initiative. If you stay average and grow stagnant where you are, the world will pass you by and before you know it, you'll be below average and on your way to outright losing in life.

For instance...the cost of living and wealth gap is steadily rising. By staying average working a job (since it's unlikely the average person has the ambition of being a business owner) there's a higher chance you won't see a raise (not even a "cost of living" raise) and higher chance you'll get laid off. Rents and home ownership costs are going up and you may have to move out of your area and take a step down in order to remain average somewhere else.

I mean hell, even simple things like eggs are $8 for a carton of 18 now and $6 for a dozen (where I stay at least). Average people can't afford to fill their shopping baskets the way they could just 2 years ago. If things continue as they are going the average person will be living as the poor pretty soon.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really understand what the thread is about. I don't understand why anyone wants to be special or average. If I like wearing a certain hat I'll be indifferent to whether or not everyone else wears the same hat, it won't affect my wanting to wear the hat one way or the other. I don't want to be average for the sake of being average but I don't want to be unique or special for the sake of being unique or special either. I don't know for sure what TS and everyone else is talking about.
    its not meant to be.
    I understand what you mean, some people are just meant to be in the background.

I don't believe in destiny and I don't think anyone is meant to be in the background or to do or be anything but I would definitely prefer to be in the background.
    Satisfaction is what a human should desire.
    They gain purpose from working towards things.

In my opinion, everyone should be working toward improving the life of every sentient being or potential sentient being in the universe. The idea of living for yourself or for a select group of people (ie. family and friends or one group alone) is boring to me but so is the idea of living for anything other than happiness, love and fun. If it doesn't feel good or bad or lead to something that does then I don't care about it but my pleasure isn't the only pleasure I care about.

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I really think its the way u worded the original post. I think life gets hectic for us all at times and most of us wish ? would slow down at times. some days u just need a mental health day to just relax. do what u feel is necessary to make sure u are ok. if u don't look out for urself who else will?

as for regular...ur life is ur life. regular for one might be something totally different for another.

life aint easy
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't worry, the Robots will take your Uber job soon enough.