Why when we Talk about Cube we rarely bring up.................

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »
    Because it wasn't a classic, regional classic maybe

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

If you think either one of these dudes have released a classic album, then your opinion on what a classic album is, is hereby null an void. I was going to start a thread on this, but what happened to Cube and 1-0? Did they have a falling out or something?

nobody give a ? about what u think null and void ? . u act like its impossible to love two different types of rap music.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

If you think either one of these dudes have released a classic album, then your opinion on what a classic album is, is hereby null an void. I was going to start a thread on this, but what happened to Cube and 1-0? Did they have a falling out or something?

nobody give a ? about what u think null and void ? . u act like its impossible to love two different types of rap music.

I didn't say that. It' just that dudes swear up and down that P is a GOAT when he clearly isn't. Dope businessman. Yeah. Dope artist, hell no.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I remember seeing their videos on BET around 96/97, I liked their singles. I finally got around to listening to the album years later and I thought it was dope, but I don't think it was a classic though.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    we know why. lol Cube was on some ? the EastCoast ? ..
    man..

? takes me back to highschool..

Cube was flagrant wit it too..
    but for the life of me i cant find that pic wit him chokin the statue of liberty. lol

tumblr_lt6pru3UAg1qlmx0ho1_500.jpg

I would have resentment if I was being extorted also
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    we know why. lol Cube was on some ? the EastCoast ? ..
    man..

? takes me back to highschool..

Cube was flagrant wit it too..
    but for the life of me i cant find that pic wit him chokin the statue of liberty. lol

tumblr_lt6pru3UAg1qlmx0ho1_500.jpg
    LMAO @ EASTCOAST
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/-15VM19oN50

Because he was biting Pac

No Vaseline >>> Hit em Up.

He told on himself, yet again "i cant let him come back...that would make me obsolete" jealous ? rhetoric. That tutu wearing ? ? stay acting jealous of others who were successful.

When Cube was making gangsta rap records 2Pac was trying to be some weird mixture of Cube and Chuck D.

Hilarious. Also how 2Pac gon diss N.Y. and be from N.Y.? Cornball ass ? .

what are u talking about Homillz.?.
    when Pac was dropping Cube N Chuck D style records. Cubes was doing the same thang in 91...
    and Cubes been was exposed to the East Vs West ? , and he was mute about it..
    DJ quik was riding on Tim Dogg in 91', when Tim Dogg dissed Cali, where was Cubes then?
    Pac ain't from NY ,he's from Oakland... it ain't about where u was born. If anything, Pac was more Baltimore than Ny.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

He told on himself, yet again "i cant let him come back...that would make me obsolete" jealous ? rhetoric. That tutu wearing ? ? stay acting jealous of others who were successful.

When Cube was making gangsta rap records 2Pac was trying to be some weird mixture of Cube and Chuck D.

when Pac was dropping Cube N Chuck D style records. Cubes was doing the same thang in 91...
    DJ quik was riding on Tim Dogg in 91', when Tim Dogg dissed Cali, where was Cubes then?
    Pac ain't from NY ,he's from Oakland... it ain't about where u was born. If anything, Pac was more Baltimore than Ny.

Yet He went by MC New York and claimed Harlem. NY shouldn't claim him though, he rep the west right before he was killed in the west.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Its all personal preference. Secure person aint gotta try to tear down nobody else to make their position feel better they secure with what they think. All that goin out your way to try to down whatever artists actually show the opposite of what you trying to show. Interesting how yall got dudes on your mind when they aint got nothin to do with the topic. Who is "goat" or whoever favorite is up to them your opinion aint fact.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember borrowin this cd from somebody in like 8th grade

I'm mad I gave it back

? is jammin
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

I didn't say that. It' just that dudes swear up and down that P is a GOAT when he clearly isn't. Dope businessman. Yeah. Dope artist, hell no.

id mostly agree, ion think he wack tho.

but who says he a goat lyricist anyway
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol nobody swears P is a GOAT musician himself

he did know how to put good songs and albums together with tha great no limit artists like mystikal, mia x, c-murder, fiend, soulja slim, mac, etc. and throw himself in tha mix and be able to keep up

plus beats by the pound, nuff said

but he is one of tha goat ceo's
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

How was cube mute about ? when he was repping west and shouting out straight outta compton from day 1?
    Tim dogg came at a time when the biggest group was in friction, ? compton tim explicitly said peace to ice cube, peace to ice t. And it was primarily directed at dre and snoop and quick. Cube had no real reason to hop into that fire then....not to mention he was with noi and Farrakhan then who probably dissuaded him.

On top of that we have no clue what was going on behind the scenes. There was no real east west beef then. It was a clown in tim dogg just trying to stir up some ? just to get a name

Now after the source awards and pac ranting against the east then it really became a real thing, obviously. So tupac the only one allowed to respond? Tupac the only one allowed to say I love the west?

You can never question cubes loyalty to the west. And pac is cubes son and everyone knows it. He owes more to cube than anyone, even down to acting.

Pac dissing cube would be like jay dissing big daddy kane.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yet He went by MC New York and claimed Harlem. NY shouldn't claim him though, he rep the west right before he was killed in the west.

dude from the late 60's to the early 2000's, nyc was the most popping place in the world...
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A must have album for the hip hop heads....
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

You must've been born in the mid 90's. Ghetto D is a classic.

Without exposing my age, Eazy Duz it was the first album that I ever bought and I bought it when it was originally released. I was also at Richmond High when P was a local Bay artist and did a show at Richmond High to promote one those wack ass The Real Untouchable albums that he seemed to put out on a quarterly basis. Master P was garbage when he was in the Bay claiming Richmond and he was garbage when went home and came up. Just because them Down South tend to sometimes have poor taste in hip hop and support garbage rappers doesn't mean that any Master P album is a classic. Though I must admit, Make'em Say Ugh was the ? . But hey, just like dope artists will eventually make a wack ass song, a wack ass artist will eventually make a dope record.
    [/quote]

That's all fine and dandy, but Ghetto D still a classic. @Stew aye chief, think we found a new album for the classic or not thread.....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Options

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

Without exposing my age, Eazy Duz it was the first album that I ever bought and I bought it when it was originally released. I was also at Richmond High when P was a local Bay artist and did a show at Richmond High to promote one those wack ass The Real Untouchable albums that he seemed to put out on a quarterly basis. Master P was garbage when he was in the Bay claiming Richmond and he was garbage when went home and came up. Just because them Down South tend to sometimes have poor taste in hip hop and support garbage rappers doesn't mean that any Master P album is a classic. Though I must admit, Make'em Say Ugh was the ? . But hey, just like dope artists will eventually make a wack ass song, a wack ass artist will eventually make a dope record.
    That's all fine and dandy, but Ghetto D still a classic. @Stew aye chief, think we found a new album for the classic or not thread.....

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/488080/classic-or-not-81-ghetto-d/p1
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

gucci-mane-teeth.jpg

waka_flocka_50.jpg

p__oPt.jpg

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/488080/classic-or-not-81-ghetto-d/p1
    03koUMH.jpg
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always felt he was kinda riding Pac's coat tail at this time and I hear Pac felt that way too.

Album was pretty tight though from what I recall.

Bow Down was tough
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bow down was our warmup song at our home games for freshman basketball.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AmeriKKKa%27s_Most_Wanted_%28Ice_Cube%29.jpg

Ice_Cube-Death_Certificate_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Ice_Cube_-_The_Predator_-_Album_Cover.jpg

LethalInjectionCoverArt.jpg

These were classics ablbums man. He had mad songs that put white folks in their feelings. "Sent me a subpoena
    Cause I ? more crackas then Bosnia, Herzegovina."

"Keep your boys cause we got big toys
    with the one mile scope, takin whitey's throat"

"I wish I was in Dixie
    AK, AK
    Then ? wouldn't have been bad in the sixties
    No way, no way"
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This album had massive amounts of heaters on it and for the few cats in here hating, i wanna get a breakdown of two or three so called wack songs on this album. (i dont count bilfiger nobody listens to him when it comes to Westcoast stuff). Cube got compared to Nore in here and i actually like Nore but thats ? Blasphemous and should almost be bannable. Come on now

And just about every track Dub C was putting in work. Hes so shamefully underatted. I can see how yall ? may throw shade on that follow up Terrorist Threats album but if yall can act like Reasonable Dought aint boring yall can surely give Bow Down the props it deserves
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cube Is in my top 5
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

dude from the late 60's to the early 2000's, nyc was the most popping place in the world...

40 year run isn't too bad and NYC is still a great city but it's cost of living is starting to choke it.