• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    remember when hipsters were really into odd future

? hated their movement man lls
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Cassidy - right around the time Jay-Z retired and NY didn't have many to take his place, ? was saying Cassidy was the future and that on the mic no one could stop him. Welp that came to an end when he got hemmed up. His debut album even went gold.

Drake - when he first came out with So Far Gone (to this day I still haven't heard the album in full), upon the release of TML ? was tryna say his coming was that of a young 50 Cent circa 2003 SMMFH. I never thought he woulda been around this long. I remember there were threads and polls with ? arguing going back and forth of what Drake would sell. Now Drake is the most hated on next to Jay-Z, Kanye West, 50 Cent on the IC.

Cosign on Saigon - ? were repping it like it was going to save NY,

Lil Wayne - Around 2008/2009 he could do no wrong he was killing the mixtapes had threads in his honour, etc. Soon as he sold a mil in the first week and dropped A Millie it was as if the IC got turned upside down.

To Drake's defense, he is one of the hottest rappers out and has been for the past 5 years. Not saying I like him, but he does have a strong fan base.

I bought his Take Care album and I wasn't feeling it at all. But somebody out there likes him.

Its not like he flopped like Papoose or Saigon.
  • 5 Grand
    I remember when Jin had next. He won on Freestyle Fridays for a few weeks in a row and then he had a song produced by Kanye West, I actually bought the 12" single. Then you never really heard from him again.

I also bought a record by Bump J. Not sure who he is/was but it was also produced by Kanye West. Then I heard he went to prison.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Ross was the second coming of biggie. It was ine dude that use to be on here that was hyping the ? out of that. Could of been some more minions but his stood out the most ? he was really believing the hype
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ask people why they like kendrick and they say because he's different. i say he suppose to be and they kanye shrug.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 earned and deserved the hype, if you was around during 50 early mixtape ? , then you would know his consistency alone lived up to the hype, then he followed that whole mixtape reign with a great album that sold 10 million copies or some ? . There is noway someone in rap maintains that kind of success dude was destined to come back down to earth. Far as kendrick his album was good but NOBODY put out a better album then j.cole this year, that "st.tropez" song was dumb as ? but whatever.
  • 5 Grand
    50 earned and deserved the hype, if you was around during 50 early mixtape ? , then you would know his consistency alone lived up to the hype, then he followed that whole mixtape reign with a great album that sold 10 million copies or some ? . There is noway someone in rap maintains that kind of success dude was destined to come back down to earth. Far as kendrick his album was good but NOBODY put out a better album then j.cole this year, that "st.tropez" song was dumb as ? but whatever.

If 50 released the exact same album (GRODT) with the exact same music, but it didn't have Eminem or Dre's name attached to it, it would have gone platinum. But I doubt it would have gone multiplat. And It wouldn't have gone 7X plat.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    fabs friday night freestyles
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ikesmood wrote: »
    Kendrick Lamar. What is the big ? deal? I mean what is it that I'm missing because everyone says that this guy is pure gold.

My brother I been asking the same questions...saigon>>>>>>>>
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the kdot talk he dropped that verse and everybody thought he was that dude that was gonna hold that crown and be unfuckable with on the mic.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I don't listen to anything big Sean but right now whenever control comes on his verse is all I wanna hear. Kendricks verse didn't age well to me or maybe because I heard it 1 million times already plus the hype
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

I keep telling ? , big Sean verse better
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember when Jin had next. He won on Freestyle Fridays for a few weeks in a row and then he had a song produced by Kanye West, I actually bought the 12" single. Then you never really heard from him again.

I also bought a record by Bump J. Not sure who he is/was but it was also produced by Kanye West. Then I heard he went to prison.

Nobody has ever said any of those words in that combination before
  • 5 Grand