The Goat Storytelling Track Tournament (Rd 1) - Brenda's Got a Baby VS Cant Stop The Prophet

_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
edited August 2015 in The Reason

The Goat Storytelling Track Tournament (Rd 1) - Brenda's Got a Baby VS Cant Stop The Prophet 39 votes

Brenda's Got a Baby
74%
OhMarsdalyricalbanditninetiesdetcatinvajee504soul rattlerwhatevathehellwater ur seedsilledoutfranknittiBDBIIDRampage12JerfyTBuilt 4 cuban linxLou CypherKamPushMe_Goldie_genocidecutterSheerExcellenceBabaaa 29 votes
Cant Stop The Prophet
25%
a_listdwade2065th Letterachewon87nillerthekidNothingButTheTruthTHIRDSUPREME5 GrandLouis Devinearbartek420 10 votes

Comments

• _Goldie_
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Cant Stop The Prophet is dope, but Brenda's Got a Baby is top 3 status, from the story,message , influence (luda's "runaway") etc.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant Stop The Prophet
    Are we voting for the song or the story?

Cause Can't Stop the Prophet has a better beat and therefore is a better song.

The beat to Brenda's Got A Baby is kinda weak even if its a great story.

Also, there's a Pete Rock Remix to Can't Stop The Prophet

Can't Stop The Prophet (Pete Rock Remix) - Jeru The Damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GVeWm3Uk6M

? it, I'm voting for Jeru
  • _Goldie_
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Yea cuz the beat determines which is the better song, man kys
  • 5 Grand
    Cant Stop The Prophet
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Yea cuz the beat determines which is the better song, man kys

The beat does determine which is the better song.

I don't know what planet you live on or what kinda speakers you have but if the beat isn't knocking I don't wanna hear it.
  • _Goldie_
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    I swear u created half of the top 10 dumbest ? said in the reason.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Brenda
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Brenda
  • 5 Grand
    Cant Stop The Prophet

First of all you're a Tupac stan, I can tell by your profile.

Second of all, this isn't a new theory. Half of a song is the beat, the other half is the lyrics. Even if your rhymes are 100, if the beat is wack you still get an F.

Can you really say with a strait face that you've never considered that the beat makes up half the song?

And the title of this thread isn't "Best Story", the title of this thread is "Best story telling track" which presumably includes the beat.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Brenda got a baby beat is wack? I think it is perfect low key type somber beat to go along with the story. I never thought of the beat as wack.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    "pac is gone and brenda still throwing babies in the garbage"
  • _Goldie_
    edited August 2015
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    5 Grand wrote: »

Second of all, this isn't a new theory. Half of a song is the beat, the other half is the lyrics. Even if your rhymes are 100, if the beat is wack you still get an F.

Can you really say with a strait face that you've never considered that the beat makes up half the song?

And the title of this thread isn't "Best Story", the title of this thread is "Best story telling track" which presumably includes the beat.

You said the beat determines which is the better song, which is ? . Ofc the beat is a factor , but it's not the end all be all in determining which is the better song. You know how many wack ? have goat production but make wack songs?

and lol @ pac stan, Ive voted against Pac on mad polls(reasonable doubt vs 7 day theory for ex) , far from a stan b.
  • 5 Grand
    Cant Stop The Prophet
    5 Grand wrote: »

You said the beat determines which is the better song, which is ? . Ofc the beat is a factor , but it's not the end all be all in determining which is the better song. You know how many wack ? have goat production but make wack songs?

and lol @ pac stan, Ive voted against Pac on mad polls(reasonable doubt vs 7 day theory for ex) , far from a stan b.

Between Brenda's Got A Baby, The original version of Can't Stop The Prophet and the Pete Rock remix of Can't Stop The Prophet, when I'm driving down the ave or smoking an L in my living room, Brenda's Got A Baby would be the last song I'd bump out of the three. And the reason why is because of the beat...and the story's depressing. I don't want to here about a girl throwing her baby in the garbage.
  • _Goldie_
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Who df blasts Brenda's got a baby in the whip? lol U got it bruh.
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    I just wanna know why Pac is flossing so much ice in a somber MV. he seems pretentious as ? .
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    I love how BGAB starts

I hear Brenda's got a baby
    But, Brenda's barely got a brain
    A damn shame
    The girl can hardly spell her name
    (That's not our problem, that's up to Brenda's family)
    Well let me show ya how it affects the whole community
  • _Goldie_
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    nineties wrote: »
    I just wanna know why Pac is flossing so much ice in a somber MV. he seems pretentious as ? .

True, he shouldve wore lugz and a tore t shirt and did the whole video standing in the dumpster with brenda.
  • nineties
    Brenda's Got a Baby

but in pac's defense, his lyrics go well with the beat so I don't know wtf is so wack about the Brenda beat. if anything, the production for Jeru's track is too loud and overshadows his voice.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant Stop The Prophet
    Not even close, Jeru's flow, beat was on point. Lyrically he was on some next level ? . Pac's ? was basic, wack beat, slow, depressing song.
  • nineties
    edited September 2015
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Lol @ the strawman argument that Jeru was better lyrically. He was mumbling ? . Tupac actually said something that affects the whole community.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Easy this one, Im big Jeru fan but... Everything was better on 'Brendas's Got a Baby', the story, beat, lyrics and impact... Anyone saying otherwise can believe it lol
  • water ur seeds
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    Brenda got a baby beat is wack? I think it is perfect low key type somber beat to go along with the story. I never thought of the beat as wack.

Yeah I hear the piano right at the start and STILL get goosebumps...
  • water ur seeds
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    There should be a Cash Money remix about Birdman (brenda) throwing Cash Money artists into the bushes...
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    The beat to "Brenda's Got A Baby" is actually nice to me but the whole 2Pacalypse Now album is mixed and mastered terribly, when you rip that CD to your iTunes you gotta turn it up 5 notches just to properly hear it when a song from that album comes on. At least they restored it for his Greatest Hits along with "Trapped" but I guess we're forever lost when it comes to hearing a clean/remastered version of "Part-Time ? " which is one of the most underrated Pac joints there is.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    I love how BGAB starts

I hear Brenda's got a baby
    But, Brenda's barely got a brain
    A damn shame
    The girl can hardly spell her name
    (That's not our problem, that's up to Brenda's family)
    Well let me show ya how it affects the whole community

And some say pac wasn't lyrical.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brenda's Got a Baby
    went with Pac on this one.
This discussion has been closed.