Colin Cowherd Debuts on Fox Sports 1 Radio/TV; Dan Le Batard offically Starts in Colins Old Spot

2»

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    At th end of the day he said baseball isnt an intelligent game cuz 1/3 of them are Dominicans not cuz other 57% are white.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    espn done moved Bomani show up to take Dan's old time slot...thank ?

shouts out to bomani. Around the horn really held these ? get on the ESPN cut up. Michael Smith got his own show and podcast and now Bomani getting that 4pm slot. Shouts out to JA Adande too.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Bill Simmons new podcast is out. Threw a couple of shots at ESPN.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad LeBatard is getting some real burn. That dude is the funniest personality on ESPN, and Stugots compliments him very well.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall who said this or what podcast I was listening too but they basically said with the high ass NBA and NFL contracts ESPN and channels are paying for the only place they can really cut back on costs in employee salaries....So they not gonna pay Cowherd or Simmons. It's way Magic and Wilbon aren't in the studio anymore. They not gonna pay for Van Pelt to be on the radio anymore. They gave him his own Sports center so they not paying 2 anchors anymore. It's why they keep pushing Kanell and Galloway b/c they not paying Lou and Mark top dollar anymore.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I can't recall who said this or what podcast I was listening too but they basically said with the high ass NBA and NFL contracts ESPN and channels are paying for the only place they can really cut back on costs in employee salaries....So they not gonna pay Cowherd or Simmons. It's way Magic and Wilbon aren't in the studio anymore. They not gonna pay for Van Pelt to be on the radio anymore. They gave him his own Sports center so they not paying 2 anchors anymore. It's why they keep pushing Kanell and Galloway b/c they not paying Lou and Mark top dollar anymore.

Joey Galloway so damn boring. Not to mention them putting some clueless female (outside of J.Hill) on every damn football or basketball show for no damn reason. I can't even watch ESPN anymore unless its a game.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2015
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Glad LeBatard is getting some real burn. That dude is the funniest personality on ESPN, and Stugots compliments him very well.

the only thing dope about his show is the rappers and other people he gets that typically wont make an espn inverview segment. Likewise his ? on 30 for 30 for any miami related story like the U part 1 and 2 are dope. But as a stand alone radio host team with stugatz his show hes mediocre. His tv show was funny just cause of papi and bomani tho.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator

Now this, and the Jalen & Jacoby show on the espn radio are GOAT
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

the only thing dope about his show is the rappers and other people he gets that typically wont make an espn inverview segment. Likewise his ? on 30 for 30 for any miami related story like the U part 1 and 2 are dope. But as a stand alone radio host team with stugatz his show hes mediocre. His tv show was funny just cause of papi and bomani tho.

His radio show is freaking awesome. Stugotz is the GOAT.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MillzOG wrote: »

Now this, and the Jalen & Jacoby show on the espn radio are GOAT

Jacoby is awesome, but i get tried of Jalen real fast, especially when he starts to talk about non Basketball topics.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    toheeb27 wrote: »

not really i have listened a few times and its troy average to me. the ratings are down too in that slot since colin left.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »

not really i have listened a few times and its troy average to me. the ratings are down too in that slot since colin left.

People aren't use to the show. Stugotz does his cliche full shtick but Dan does the complete opposite. They work well together. It's not the typical overanalyzing radio show like u hear often. If u don't like it, cool. Different strokes for different folks
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dag Colin, better start givin Cam Newton his props
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I'm surprised ESPN let him take the show name, maybe he paid for it.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I'm surprised ESPN let him take the show name, maybe he paid for it.

i think he negotiated that from jump