Has Kim Davis been discriminated against based on EEOC laws?

Options
2»

Comments

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She hasn't been discriminated against. EEOC is specifically designed to prevent/discourage discrimination by a person from their employer. The federal judge that ruled she was in contempt is not her employer.

The only way for this conflict to be settled is for the religious lobby to end Marriage, and any other TRADITIONAL religious institution, as a state institution completely by citing "separation of church and state" decisions and legislation. That will make marriage a private institution between people and the church, excluding gov't from the process completely. However, all the state-sponsored benefits of marriage would cease.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have laws in Kentucky where a person that holds that position can't be removed.

What sense does that make?

Now you gotta arrest a hoe for not doing her job
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These so called morally righteous Christians are hilarious to me.

This woman whose been married and divorced several times somehow can't fathom issuing out marriage certificates due to her thoughts, feelings, and religious beliefs about homosexuals.

Meanwhile people who are atheists, pagans, and have other non-Christian beliefs have been getting married for ages.

I'm sure that didn't ever occur to Kim Davis though; getting married is just as much or more about having more economic power, a better environment to raise children, and being able to enjoy the benefits of having a spouse grants you under the law as it is about religious beliefs to some people.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe the answer to the question I posted in the OP has been answered. She does not have a case.is she wrong for standing behind her religious convictions? I dont believe she is. But I do think she is a hypocrite because she is picking and choosing when to follow biblical "law".

But do you think she doesn't know she is being a hypocrite?
  • Seansauce
    Seansauce Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    This ? and half the people rushing to protect her probably haven't even read the bible. Just do your job and shut up.

The laws of religion in the workplace weren't made to protect people using religion as a form of prejudice in the office or on the job.

They were made to protect those who are attacked for nothing more than being a part of a religion. They were put there to protect people in situations like being the quiet muslim employee who received backlash after 9/11 for being a muslim. Or to protect someone from talking down or treating you like a lesser person because you don't share the same beliefs.

• Seansauce
    Seansauce Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I believe the answer to the question I posted in the OP has been answered. She does not have a case.is she wrong for standing behind her religious convictions? I dont believe she is. But I do think she is a hypocrite because she is picking and choosing when to follow biblical "law".

But do you think she doesn't know she is being a hypocrite?

As stubborn as she is and as cult like as her religion I bet the thought her being a hypocrite hasn't even crossed her mind. A distant family member is in a church like this (it may be this church) and once sent an email which was easily one of the funniest anti black propaganda articles I've ever seen. The said article claimed that the media coverage of Trayvon Martin had been made out to make him look like a saint and then followed that up with what was supposed to be a real picture of Trayvon Martin.The next part of this story I still can't say this without laughing so I'm dying in front of my computer seat right dying. I scroll down to see the picture and it's a picture of The Game. I couldn't believe such ignorance. And then we kindly tell her hey that's definitely not Trayvon Martin she didn't even care. She just sent the next propaganda ridden email.

I honestly think when people put so much of themselves into biased organizations like so it almost becomes impossible to get through to them. Regardless of right or wrong, their word is always right.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    She hasn't been discriminated against. EEOC is specifically designed to prevent/discourage discrimination by a person from their employer. The federal judge that ruled she was in contempt is not her employer.

The only way for this conflict to be settled is for the religious lobby to end Marriage, and any other TRADITIONAL religious institution, as a state institution completely by citing "separation of church and state" decisions and legislation. That will make marriage a private institution between people and the church, excluding gov't from the process completely. However, all the state-sponsored benefits of marriage would cease.
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/534199/should-marriage-be-de-legalized/p1

giphy.gif
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kim Davis doesn't have to work for the government if she hates the law so much.