Pay Homage: OG Sony Playstation turns Twenty

Options
Delphas
Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sony came out of nowhere into the video game business and immediately starting wrecking ? . The first video game system to sell 100 million consoles, and the first to begin master 3D gaming. Plus, being able to play your own CDs was crazy.

Drop your favorite PSone games and memories.

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT console, GOAT games, GOAT European advert campaigns.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    homage paid no duct tape

great memories with this system, the first smackdowns, crash bandicoot, demo discs, even ? like jet moto
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    -NFL Gameday (i think that was the title...it was on the demo disc)..i remember me and my cousin would have these crazy games that would always come down to the wire

-the demo disc...there will never be anything like this ever again. Truly underappreciated

-Metal Gear solid: Putting the controller in port 2 to defeat ? Mantis b/c he could counter your attacks while it was in port 1

-Silent Hill...was scared to death

-Resident Evil 2..would play this ? all day trying to solve puzzles with no practically no internet guides floating around like they are today

-live 2000? The one where you could play as MJ if you defeated him one on one on the streetball court

they were the ?

me and my cousin played this ? til our eyes would dam near start bleeding

61T3PRP64PL.jpg

• smithboi_1980
    smithboi_1980 Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options
    I remember spending hours lighting people on fire with the taser in Syphon Filter lol.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be picking up that classic grey ps4 controller too!
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    -NFL Gameday (i think that was the title...it was on the demo disc)..i remember me and my cousin would have these crazy games that would always come down to the wire

-the demo disc...there will never be anything like this ever again. Truly underappreciated

-Metal Gear solid: Putting the controller in port 2 to defeat ? Mantis b/c he could counter your attacks while it was in port 1

-Resident Evil 2..would play this ? all day trying to solve puzzles with no practically no internet guides floating around like they are today

-live 2000? The one where you could play as MJ if you defeated him one on one on the streetball court

they were the ?

61T3PRP64PL.jpg

cant believe I forgot to mention Twisted Metal

so damn dope
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

getting the demo discs out of the magazine packages was one of the only highlights of being in the grocery store as a kid lol.....
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Even tho I had NBA Live but I remember playing NBA In The Zone on Playstation. I use to thought that In The Zone was better than Live. Also, NBA shootout had the dunk contest on their game while Live had the 3 point shootout

I remember playing Twisted Metal & you had to fight Dark tooth. That nicca was big as hell on the game, you could see that nicca from a mile away & hear him close when the laughing clown got louder & louder
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    One of the great systems here, final fantasy 7 was my ? loved that game.sephiroth was a beast
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat console, I was addicted to crash back then I'd be on crash bash for hours at a time
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

C/S. Too many games to name right now.

I would love to get my hands on this tho..
    51f07d1c27028_110876n.jpg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PlayStation celebrates with a ? sale
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    NBA live, Tony hawk, Tekken 3, wu tang shaolin style, crash.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT SYSTEM!

psx has so many damn games
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got mines a 1yr & half after release as a b-day present.

I remember my first few games being:

Madden 2001
    In Your House
    WWF Attitude & War Zone (which sucked)
    Resident Evil Director's Cut
    Live 2000
    MK Trilogy
    Parasite Eve (which I hated)

PS1 had a dope game library the graphics aren't as good now but considered groundbreaking for what was done at the time. PS2 just expanded on PS1's popularity & library and took the game over.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    still have mine.

i remember when it came out i thought it wasnt gonna last since up to that point it was always Sega vs Nintendo with Atari or another at a far 3rd.

I myself was a N64 kid but PS library was crazy long good times
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when NBA Live 98 came out. When I seen them graphics I thought it was on some Xbox One shxt.

I forgot the name of this game but it was a PlayStation game that came out around 96' that one of my neighbors had. It was like stealth game. All I remember is that you had to get this antibiotic before you walk in this room, if you don't take the antibiotic beforehand then you'll get effected by the bacteria. Imma try to find the name of the game on Google but that game was fun as hell
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U gotta take an antibiotic before u walk in the room?
    Lmaooooo

That game was rated NC-17
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maxresdefault.jpg

+

biro_4.jpg

the struggle used to be real.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who had theirs "chipped"? Or had one of them "hackers" plugged in the back to allow you to play bootleg games?