Christianity and Science coexisting with one another...

Options
2»

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Protestants broke off from the Catholic church, but at one point in time they were one and the same, but still operate as almost as one and the same.

Their were actual ppl that believed in Christ and didn't call themselves Christians or have a title before Catholicism in the very early AD's that were black martyrs and some migrated to Ethiopia and other parts of Africa. I have videos in the other thread explaining how Ethiopian Christians and Muslims worked together and focused on education and their communities. Those people were some of the original Moors.

Moor means swarthy one swipe code for all dark skin groups of people darker than europeans. Anyway, the coptic church existed and syrian churches are the one that went down there to begin with in Ethiopia. But what christianity are you using though and what translation are you using is the most important key element in this discussion. If you are using the Ethiopian or Coptic bible then you are excluded from the protestant and catholic churches but if not then you are under them.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh nvm whatever bruh.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no significant difference between protestant, Catholic, Coptic, or eastern orthodox Christian churches.

They all basically believe the same thing the differences are in ritual, church organization and tradition. The bibles for each differ in that some have "extra" books. But these books excepting the peculiarities of language don't contradict the other churches bible's in any meaningful way
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Once again, you're confusing Christians with Catholics. Stop it.

Lmao. Learn your history my brother. Christians did as much slaughtering, and that includes in Europe. Btw. It was actually Catholics they were crucifying in the most. You must be talking about the Coptic Christians. You a Coptic Christian ? ?

I have no idea wtf you're talking about, no offense. Those European Catholics, republican conservative Christians and new zionist jews are a cult that work for the govt. My descendants are the real Hebrews and our ways are similar to the Ethiopian Christians who truly follow ? the right way without persecuting others. The ones that actually met Yeshua and made paintings of Him that were burned down, the ones that were crucified for believing in him or being black, the real Ysraelites from the tribes of Judah and descendants of David.

Continue believing whatever those white ppl did. I just had a convo with a white fellow coworker from Texas and me and him practice and believe 2 completely different ways of living through Christ. You probably would fit more along the lines of what he thinks which is wrong and will debate me all day into trying to agree with you which won't work so we'll agree to disagree.

That's funny, they following the same ? that that the Greek Saint Mark bought down to Egypt after the Greeks put together the bible.
    Mark the Evangelist became the first bishop of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria in about the year 43.[5] At first the church in Alexandria was mainly Greek-speaking. By the end of the 2nd century the scriptures and liturgy had been translated into three local languages. Christianity in Sudan also spread in the early 1st century, and the Nubian churches there were linked to those of Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Africa#History
    The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD.

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

Those are the same people responsible for creating the Catholic Church (Constantine had something to do with them gaining a permanent foothold in Rome). You all so different reading that same book huh? I guess only you and your homies can say who can be a Christian huh?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao. Learn your history my brother. Christians did as much slaughtering, and that includes in Europe. Btw. It was actually Catholics they were crucifying in the most. You must be talking about the Coptic Christians. You a Coptic Christian ? ?

I have no idea wtf you're talking about, no offense. Those European Catholics, republican conservative Christians and new zionist jews are a cult that work for the govt. My descendants are the real Hebrews and our ways are similar to the Ethiopian Christians who truly follow ? the right way without persecuting others. The ones that actually met Yeshua and made paintings of Him that were burned down, the ones that were crucified for believing in him or being black, the real Ysraelites from the tribes of Judah and descendants of David.

Continue believing whatever those white ppl did. I just had a convo with a white fellow coworker from Texas and me and him practice and believe 2 completely different ways of living through Christ. You probably would fit more along the lines of what he thinks which is wrong and will debate me all day into trying to agree with you which won't work so we'll agree to disagree.

That's funny, they following the same ? that that the Greek Saint Mark bought down to Egypt after the Greeks put together the bible.
    Mark the Evangelist became the first bishop of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria in about the year 43.[5] At first the church in Alexandria was mainly Greek-speaking. By the end of the 2nd century the scriptures and liturgy had been translated into three local languages. Christianity in Sudan also spread in the early 1st century, and the Nubian churches there were linked to those of Egypt.

The New Testament, however, was written in Greek. This seems strange, since you might think it would be either Hebrew or Aramaic. However, Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD.

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

Those are the same people responsible for creating the Catholic Church (Constantine had something to do with them gaining a permanent foothold in Rome). You all so different reading that same book huh? I guess only you and your homies can say who can be a Christian huh?

? I'm pretty sure you're wrong and I just don't care enough to explain.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? I'm pretty sure you're wrong and I just don't care enough to explain.

748.jpg
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They all copy from the Septuagint.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Catholic doesn't equal Christian
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is it so hard to look at life from a neutral perspective instead of religion, which came way after humans first popped up. Why does one perspective has to form from a edited book from a few thousand years ago? ? don't make sense