Better tag team of the Attitude Era

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
the_hardyz_fanclub_id_2_by_hardyboyz_fc.jpg[img][/img]newageoutlaws.jpg[img][/img]7b367b9b78c096d064b63024d6135629_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

vgw2bl7a.jpg

Better tag team of the Attitude Era 38 votes

New Age Outlaws
36%
kingofkingzMillzOG5th LetterjonoPanchoYoSanchoDOPEdweebzits....JOHN BTheIraqVader_F_KennedyDave2one6Louis Devineargivezero904Tsotsi Cape Townjohn581 14 votes
The Hardy Boyz
18%
DupacKillaChamAlready Home_17Antwuan89RickyRichPeezy_JenkinsTonyDubbz 7 votes
Edge & Christian
23%
gucci7383kingofbama205Chi-Town BullyStoneColdMikeyJerfyTTheBoyRoblu197grYmesJohnBlackwell 9 votes
The Dudley Boyz
21%
kj_da_midwest_mobstaRobCoLifethemadlionsfanT.Vick04Jabu_RuleCockMcStuffinsBangEm_Bart georgiaboy89 8 votes

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    im bias, the rest were great but as kids u wanted to be the hardys
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    How can you not pick E&C. Their promos were hilarious and they could go in the ring.
  • jono
    Options
    New Age Outlaws
    I gotta go with the Outlaws. They were doing some off the wall ? during their run, they were burying cats, beating the ? outta people, overselling and the whole time still being hilarious

I remember the first time i saw the garbage can spot. A ? was in shock as a youngin
    https://youtu.be/0lzmCObnruI

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    man thehardys , 3D , edge & christian put on some the best tag team matches ever .
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    Outlaws had charisma but they sucked in the ring
    Hardys were just spot monkeys and couldn't cut it on the mic
    I was never a fan of the Dudley's so they wouldn't get my vote anyway
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dudley Boyz
    It's really between the hardyz and the Dudley boys. New age was good on the mic and Edge and Christian were overrated. I think Jeff Hardy should've been champ over Edge since he was a much better wrestler. That Edge spear was woat.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    It's really between the hardyz and the Dudley boys. New age was good on the mic and Edge and Christian were overrated. I think Jeff Hardy should've been champ over Edge since he was a much better wrestler. That Edge spear was woat.

Edge is better wrestler than Jeff and has way more charisma by a long shot, you always talkin about his spear which i dont get bc the move is literally just a ? running into you, what makes it look good is how ppl sell it, if you wanna say it looks unrealistic bc Edge isn't some jacked steroid freak then just say it looked unrealistic as a finisher bc the spear it self wasn't bad....
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    Edge and Christian easily, it's a reason why they went over every TLC match..
  • jono
    Options
    New Age Outlaws
    ? are sleep on the Outlaws as workers and personalities though. There are probably more outside the ring highlights of the Outlaws than inside but they really started that renaissance of tag team wrestling at the time.

They had some good fights too WM 13 against Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk). Their matches with the Roadwarriors.

Hell The NAO were a main event act which you cant really say about the other teams.
  • jono
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    blu197 wrote: »

Edge is better wrestler than Jeff and has way more charisma by a long shot, you always talkin about his spear which i dont get bc the move is literally just a ? running into you, what makes it look good is how ppl sell it, if you wanna say it looks unrealistic bc Edge isn't some jacked steroid freak then just say it looked unrealistic as a finisher bc the spear it self wasn't bad....

edge had better mic skills than hardy but charisma? naw
    edge's peak was around 2002, 2003. once he came back from injury his popularity died. his own hometown booed him. it worked for him because he was always a better heel than face going back to his tag team days

jeff was that ? for his whole career. back in 08, 09 if kids in the audience werent wearing john cena t-shirts they were wearing jeff hardy facepaint and arm sleeves. adult fans who followed him since his tag team days wanted to see him win a world title for the same reasons they wanted to see christian win. even daniel bryan

his moveset, spots, ring entrance, facepaint,etc. dude connected with the audience. didnt a recent poll show the fans still want him to return to wwe?

edge never had THAT kind of support from the fans. because he didnt have hardy's charisma
  • jono
    Options
    New Age Outlaws
    Theres no competition with that charisma factor. Jeff is a cartoon character
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    Wtf is your definition of Charisma?? Bc Edge had way more personality/swag than Jeff ever had.... "Edge peak was 02/03" in terms of in ring ability yes, but in terms of popularity GTFOH, Edge was the ? in the mid 2000s as the Rated R Superstar w Lita and was the most entertaining thing on Raw during that time and I've seen countless Edge pops that put Jeff to shame, if his popularity ever dropped it was bc they made him the top guy on Smackdown to make that ? watchable....

NOBODY was fellin Jeff with that facepaint other than 6 year Olds and ? those kids you ? put to much stock in kids opinion who only cheer for the face bc he's portrayed as the hero)l, dont know where you ? get this ? from, and i seriously doubt Edge title runs were only off the strength of Adult fans (bc the the E cared about Adult fans the least) he's held the main strap 11x, he would've been a 14 or 15x Champ if hadn't retired early in 2011 and missed some of the Early 2000s....

Edge is missed by WWE fans way more than Jeff, Jeff is one my favorites but after awhile nobody cared if he came back to the E, ? just wanted Jeff to get clean...
  • Already Home_17
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    blu197 wrote: »
    Wtf is your definition of Charisma?? Bc Edge had way more personality/swag than Jeff ever had.... "Edge peak was 02/03" in terms of in ring ability yes, but in terms of popularity GTFOH, Edge was the ? in the mid 2000s as the Rated R Superstar w Lita and was the most entertaining thing on Raw during that time and I've seen countless Edge pops that put Jeff to shame, if his popularity ever dropped it was bc they made him the top guy on Smackdown to make that ? watchable....

NOBODY was fellin Jeff with that facepaint other than 6 year Olds and ? those kids you ? put to much stock in kids opinion who only cheer for the face bc he's portrayed as the hero)l, dont know where you ? get this ? from, and i seriously doubt Edge title runs were only off the strength of Adult fans (bc the the E cared about Adult fans the least) he's held the main strap 11x, he would've been a 14 or 15x Champ if hadn't retired early in 2011 and missed some of the Early 2000s....

Edge is missed by WWE fans way more than Jeff, Jeff is one my favorites but after awhile nobody cared if he came back to the E, ? just wanted Jeff to get clean...

you're confusing charisma with character. edge's heel character from 05-09 was great. i said this on here multiple times to cats who keep selling edge short. but again, he was a HEEL character. what pops are you referring to? when he beat cena for the wwe title? one face pop during a five year run?

i questioned your theory on how edge had much more charisma than jeff. its simply not true. btw my definition of charisma is THE definition of charisma

compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others

devotion - love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause.

his moveset, entrance, facepaint, and legendary spots compelled and attracted audiences. and they never let him go because of it. jeff was always one of the biggest faces in the company. from his tag team days to his singles days

im not saying edge had zero charisma. but jeff was on another level in that department
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    jeff hardy was face of the company status, and basically the only draw in tna besides maybe angle and perhaps aj at one time. he got cena like reactions at times, edge was never there, at best he was right at or under orton status b4 2010(nothing to scoff at tho, top heel) and to say jeff and matt were just spot monkeys is disrespect. edge and christian had a lil more psychology sure but if hardys spot monkeys u might as well say edge and christian were too. edge didnt become that ? in the mid 2000's until ? over matt hardy. who btw while edge was strugglin matt was doing pretty well for himself as version 1 and jeff was being tested for main event status and had earned undertaker respect until he decided to dip. only reason edge or orton are seen as the smackdown guys over jeff is cuz jeff aint stay. no dis to edge he's a great but u cant diminish jeff just cuz kids liked him. edge wasnt gettin them pops as a face like hardy foh.
  • jono
    Options
    New Age Outlaws
    Jeff had teenage girls creaming their panties in 1999-2000, that ? was a rock star.

When he came back Jeff was THEE man on the roster. I would argue nobody was outpopping Jeff during that time. Jeff also went over HHH, HBK and Undertaker all clean in that second run.

Edge ain't ? compared to Jeff Hardy, he couldn't cut promos but he didn't have to. Everything else about him was the draw.

TNA was putting Jeff on the cover on PPVs he wasn't even going to be at in 2004. The ? got high and showed up to work, that ? bulletproof. If he came back tonight he'd get a huge pop.
  • blu197
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    Y'all ? say dumb ? , "Edge wasn't gettin them pops as a face like Hardy" That's like me sayin "Jeff wasn't gettin that Heat as Heel like Edge", Edge as face got twice a pop than Jeff ever could get heat as Heel, which basically makes him the better talent when discussing Heel/Face....

And you ? are flat out sayin false ? , when has Edge ever struggled as a singles wrestler or ever in the buisness? Yea Jeff got a big push first (that led nowhere) but during that time in the Early 2000s Edge was payin his dues with the IC Title and havin matches with Brock,Angle,Eddie ect.. I wouldn't call that ? "struggling" like you ? , and lmaoo @ Matt doin "pretty good for himself" dude was jobber as a singles guy until his fued w Edge then went back to being a jobber when the fued was over....

"Cena like reactions" FOH y'all ? still puttin all the stock with who's popular in the kids demographic, and what I've been seeing the last 6-7 years Cena gets way more boos on regular basis than cheers, some Face he is...

And yall definition of Charisma is off AF, by that definition Cena is one of the most charismatic guys the buisness has seen and has more charisma than Jericho,Edge,Scott Hall,CM Punk ect bc he got little kids to buy his merch more than them.. gtfoh......

Charisma has everything has everything to do with personality/swag, mic ability and NOT influence based on merch sales that cooperate is mostly responsible for, I'm sure Reigns has power to inspire more fans (bc majority fans are kids and kids are easy to influence) than Ambrose or Bray but only an idiot would say he has more charisma than them, same thing when it comes to Jeff and Edge...
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dudley Boyz
    Anybody who didnt vote for the dudley boys needs 3D through a table
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    edge and jeff have both been faces, edges face pops dont compare to jeff's face pops. what about that do u not understand? that other ? u talkin is ridiculous, jeff hardy was involved with wwe from 95-2009, i doubt he was heel more than 3 months total

edge himself knew he was strugglin at a certain time being takin seriously, he damn near says as much in his documentary. and how u gon act like jeff hardy aint pay his dues bruh, are u serious lmao? same big push that jeff got that led nowhere was what edge got, and lead "NOWHERE" as part of the smackdown 6. matt hardy version 1 was just as over as edge while being booked lower on the card. even christian was getting over b4 he left dealing with jericho and cena. not saying edge wasnt over but what was there to him b4 that matt hardy ? ? nothing.

u keep bringing up kids into the equation, but for 1 u using it outta context and aint u still a kid yourself?

think what u want about him bein a spot monkey or junkie but to say he wasnt a damn rockstar is ludicrous
  • blu197
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Edge & Christian
    jono wrote: »
    Jeff had teenage girls creaming their panties in 1999-2000

And you know this based on what exactly?? You mean Jeff had YOU creaming your panties ? ...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    75% of cenas reactions across the map (id say 20% are skewed toward boo, and 5% is strickly boo out the building) are extra loud pops from women and children, and half the men cheering and half the men booing (wanna be cena, think he's stale, or really think he sucks)

i feel like jeff, rey mysterio, even db and orton were so popular at a time as faces they got this reaction in a way at times, except instead of half the men booing, it'd be maybe 5-10% at most, and they'd boo strictly to be against the good guy babyface guy that all the girls like/everyone else likes, or basically boo to feel like they doin something different, also wwe can do something to make em feel forced at times and add to that, as we've clearly seen with roman
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    The Hardy Boyz
    I'm certain this ? blu is ?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The Dudley Boyz
    ? , Edge & Christian suck. They were funny heels but I couldn't understand the hype otherwise. The cutting edge was some ether and they could play off the audience well which many ? wrestlers like Cena or Sheamus couldn't do. They eventually won the crowd based solely off that and the introduction of even ? wrestlers. The Hardy's always had the crowd hyped. The Hardy's and Dudley's easily put on the most entertaining match. Edge and Christian were forgettable.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    The Dudley Boyz
    I didn't like Christian cage either.

AJ Styles >>>