edited July 2010
    Options
    reasonable doubt
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited July 2010
    Options
    With out a doubt it's...........RD!
    CP is a great album/cd the skits slow it down some 4 me.
  • brazilblur
    brazilblur Members Posts: 668
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reasonable doubt is one of the best rap albums imo so i have to go with it lol
    it just gets me in that money making mood
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    RD is better in my opinion.....i don't like rating people that have full careers against people who died prematurely. Even with his limited material, it's no doubt that Pun is one of the greatest lyricists ever. But as far as making albums go, he had some room for growth and needed some polish...RD is one of the only Jay-Z CDs that i own to date. It was his best and most lyrical album, he zones out on this ? . If CP didn't have so much filler and the few gimmick songs....my decision would be flipped. I own both of these CDs by the way.
  • curtis75black
    curtis75black Members Posts: 606
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The skits on Capital Punishment didn't bother me at all. All of them were on point because it wasn't on some random ? , it was in cohesion with the product. Its a close one but by a slim margin, Pun got this.
  • mail24diop
    mail24diop Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • mail24diop
    mail24diop Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Got mad that I'm your favorite rapper's favorite rapper
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Reach!!!!!!!

Reasonable Doubt is a superior to Cap Pun. Both good albums though.

No I'm pretty serious. Dea presidents 2 is one o the greatest rap songs of all time. I'll even say can't knock the hustle is better then EVERY song on CP also.
  • slayboogie
    slayboogie Members Posts: 19
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The skits on Capital Punishment didn't bother me at all. All of them were on point because it wasn't on some random ? , it was in cohesion with the product. Its a close one but by a slim margin, Pun got this.

thank you!!..everyone needs to ? that noise bout the skits...all the skits had something to do with either the song about to play or the song that had just finished.....so minus the skits pun"s album is better???? i guess thats what ya sayin....come off that people

capital punishment...w/o a doubt...i love reasonable doubt tho...2 very diff albums both timeless classics...if u heard one but not the other...do yourself a favor and pick up either album...you missing out
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2010
    Options
    slayboogie wrote: »
    thank you!!..everyone needs to ? that noise bout the skits...all the skits had something to do with either the song about to play or the song that had just finished.....so minus the skits pun"s album is better???? i guess thats what ya sayin....come off that people

capital punishment...w/o a doubt...i love reasonable doubt tho...2 very diff albums both timeless classics...if u heard one but not the other...do yourself a favor and pick up either album...you missing out
    Even without the skits RD is better
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Both Classic albums, but CP runs to long and some of the fillers i wasnt feeling. but You aint a killer and you came up were my joints. Reasonable Doubt is better of the 2
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Big Pun's flow>Jay-Z's flow

Jay z As a rapper>>>>>>>big pun as a rapper
  • NapoleonPropane
    NapoleonPropane Members Posts: 174
    edited July 2010
    Options
    mail24diop wrote: »
    Jay-Z one of the best to pick up a mic

one of my favorite songs of all time. that ? is EPIC.
  • InLightinShit
    InLightinShit Members Posts: 72
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Both great albums, for me Pun was too busy reppin himself and just rhymin words to keep his flow rather than having an overall message. Jay's album was more musical, for me, and for that reason I prefer Reasonable Doubt as an album. CP was a but too one dimensional in comparison to RD.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    everyone over hypes rd too much its a great album but it has too many skip-able tracks. CP is the better album theres a reason no one gave a ? about rd when it came out its not that great
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hell, I loved the skits on CP. At that time aybody had that "? " skit on their albums, and you can't deny that that ? was dumb funny. And his "packinamac...." skit is STILL epic and remembered. Every time I give CP a run through that ? amazes me. His lyrics and flow were on point like none other.

But RD is a SLIGHTLY more cohesive body of work than CP, IMO. "My dough flip like Tae Kwon, Jay-Z the icon..." That ? was ridiculous when I first heard it. And musically RD>CP.

Their albums are maaaddd close in terms of quality, but regardless, both of them ? are hands down classics.
  • bigcee11367
    bigcee11367 Members Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "The Desert or the shottie, whateva you the body
    That chose to be the dumb ? at the party
    Too much Bacardi started speakin dumb
    Then you tried to ? Joe - must have been Puerto Rican rum"

Big Pun >>>>>>Jay Z
    CP >>>>>>>RD

and seriously , who measures an album off skits?
  • eonimod
    eonimod Members Posts: 225
    edited July 2010
    Options
    all i gotta say is "just call me baby jesus..." all pun fans know that line. just like "way in the middle of little italy..."

now, does jigga got a line like that for his real fans on that album?

let me think of some good lines from that album. (im hiphop yall)

hmmmmmmmm

"even if jehovah witness, he'll never testify."

"the only m.c with a flu, yeah i rhyme sick..."

nope. Pun wins.

pi.
    U lause as does pun
  • eonimod
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Both great albums, for me Pun was too busy reppin himself and just rhymin words to keep his flow rather than having an overall message. Jay's album was more musical, for me, and for that reason I prefer Reasonable Doubt as an album. CP was a but too one dimensional in comparison to RD.

Indeed...Pun's ? was like rapping ? ...rhyme n words just to rhyme
  • eonimod
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    everyone over hypes rd too much its a great album but it has too many skip-able tracks. CP is the better album theres a reason no one gave a ? about rd when it came out its not that great

who outside of new york was ? CP?
  • KingJB2ThaFullest86
    KingJB2ThaFullest86 Members Posts: 388
    edited July 2010
    Options
    capital punishment is good but Reasonable Doubt is better
  • kingofdetroit
    kingofdetroit Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    all i gotta say is "just call me baby jesus..." all pun fans know that line. just like "way in the middle of little italy..."

now, does jigga got a line like that for his real fans on that album?

let me think of some good lines from that album. (im hiphop yall)

hmmmmmmmm

"even if jehovah witness, he'll never testify."

"the only m.c with a flu, yeah i rhyme sick..."

nope. Pun wins.

pi.
    Ok, you're a punchline ? I see. But think about it like this. Cassidy has some of the sickest lines ever and could never make a half decent album...

"Please, ? like short sleeves, I bare arms/Stay out my way from here on" woo
  • kingofdetroit
    kingofdetroit Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt easily. It was a story, almost a biopic about a young hustler coming up to be one of the greatest emcees of all time. Albums like Reasonable are what spawn albums like Teflon Don and Thug Motivation and songs like "Maybach Music 1,2,3". Jay-Z's music is timeless (Circa 96-2003, lol) and it has inspired a generation of Hip Hop that Capital Punishment just can't.

Ok, let me make it a bit clearer. Big Pun is a better rapper than Jay-Z, but not a better artist. Actually I can name off a ton of rappers BETTER than Jay-Z

Joe Buddden
    Big Pun
    NaS
    Actually that's all I could come up with, but even so. None of them (and some others) could never make albums as influential and COHERENT (Key word) Even Nas bores the masses a lot of times
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    eonimod wrote: »
    who outside of new york was ? CP?

Dog you cant be serious.... CP went double platinum the year it came out... RD tooks a few years for it to even reach a platinum status. RD was highly slept on and didnt get no where near the burn on radio and video compared to what Captial Punishment did.