Dispatcher in Tamir Rice case resigned from Cleveland pig department...

Options
13»

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cop vs Sociologist is always fun
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't play that faux objectivity game... these bigots constantly call the police on black ppl for no real reason.
    I have no reason to believe the callers account when the video shows a kid chilling for mad long before the jakes show up and murder him in cold blood.

that aint me trying to be objective. If I see anybody with a gun, im calling.

lol... Ohio is an open carry state... it would be weird for u to call the police every time u saw someone with a gun.
    RIP John Crawford....

In an open carry state, or a conceal carry state, I would call the police on someone I witnessed pointing, waving, or approaching people with a gun. That is unlawful use of a weapon. Being in an open carry state does not mean that there are not laws and responsibilities that govern gun ownership. Now maybe I am not as familiar with this case as some of you all are, but if he was walking around pointing a gun (or fake gun) at people, waving it around, and yall mad cause somebody called the police? Really?

he was in a ? playground being a ? kid... where are all theses ppl he was terrorizing?
    they said John Crawford was doing the same ? ...
    these ppl have a history of lying and getting black ppl killed.
    i don't know why u taking this pos at his word... he probably didn't see ? with his ? ass...

Well again, I may not have all of the details and didn't follow the story as closely as you did.

But from what yall saying, it doesnt sound at all like an unnecessary reason to call police. I would definitely call if I saw a kid in a park with a gun. Yall lost me. Sorry

and you would be complicit in the death of a child... how do u sleep at night?
    edit:
    like what exactly is calling the police going to accomplish?
    if its a real gun and he wanted pop off u calling the police aint helping anyone...

Dude. Police have ended up killing people who were seeking help after a car accident. Are you saying that I shouldn't call the police if I see someone in a car accident, because I could be complicit in a murder? That's ridiculous. The responsibility is that of the police to handle those incidents properly. And you're wrong. You can help if someone's about to pop off. It happens all the time.

i forgot the cops have teleporters and can get to the scene of a potential shooting using their pre-crime technology just in time to prevent it...

Cute. But, this actually does happen quite frequently. I get calls all day long that are pre-emptive and yes batteries, shootings, robberies are thwarted all the time. You're thinking very singular about it.

and no you shouldn't call the police when an accident occurs, you should call medical emergency personnel...

You dont decide who responds when you dial 911. You can call and ask for an ambulance and the police may still show based on the nature of the call. A caller does not control that. The majority of the time, police are needed on scene to confirm that EMS is needed. They won't even go through the trouble of sending an ambulance until police determine that there is a bonafide incident. You're kind of clueless, evidently, so maybe you should keep your comments to yourself unless you don't mind people knowing that you have no idea what you're talking about.

the problem with police reform is that ppl rely to heavily on them.
    the literature dating back to the 1970s shows that their rapid response does nothing to prevent crime.
    by the time cops arrive on the scene ? is done and the suspect has been long gone.
    u can do whatver u want, but u gotta get all the way the ? out of here thinking u some type of good samaritan...
    calling the cops because u see a child playing with a toy gun in the park is some clown ? ... yes, the caller knew it was a toy.

Had you thoroughly examined "the literature" that you speak of, you would know that this refers to certain classifications of crimes. Now I've stated several times that maybe you have a better understanding of this case than I do. My understanding was that he saw someone with a gun, but was not certain if it was real or not.
    if there is no medical emergency, of course no ambulance will be sent.

oh so its ok for u to be clueless? the caller knew it was a toy... he said it was probably fake...
    so u calling the cops on a kid with a toy gun in the park?
    police do not prevent crimes... most crimes are discovery crimes, meaning no one was around to see it happen.
    in the case of involvement crimes, cops can't get their in time to stop anything most of the time.
    prevetnive patrol doesn't work, rapid response doesn't work. in the rare case of someone brandishing a weapon and not doing anything until the cops arrive, sure they can 'prevent' a worse incident.
    but most of the time they aint gonna do ? and most ppl aint gonna brandish a firearm and not do ? until the cops come to stop them.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cop vs Sociologist is always fun

u know whats funny? i got two emails from angry cops just today... and now OB cussing me out... I can't win with cops bruh...
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though the dispatcher didn't relay all the info and the scary guy called in to report the incident. The cops is more to blame than anything for pulling a wild wild west style drive by within 2 secs of interacting w/ Tamir. That's where majority of the blame needs to go, they the ones who supposedly got all that training.......
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruhs the cops pulled the trigger. The Cops rolled on that kid like it was 90s Crenshaw.

And the onus falls on the Cops to observe and make a logical assessment.

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm ? up that some of yall really expect the police to think logical, rational and properly assess a situation where a call goes out that says "black male with a gun".

Yall need to get off that "police are here or supposed to protect and serve" that ? is a lie and always has been. The jobs of the police is to enforce the laws put on the books by the wealthy and powerful against the people with less money than them. Most laws on the books have ? all to do with serving or protecting the people especially black people.

The so called judicial system is ? up to many of us but the fact remains that it is working exactly how it was designed and how the police are treating black people was a major part of that design.