Atlanta Hawks 2015-2016 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PRESEASON REPORT

Hawks Soar over Spurs tonight 100-86

"From an individual standpoint, Jeff Teague was the best player on the court in this one for the Hawks, scoring 17 points (on 5 of 8 shooting) in just 24 minutes of action. Paul Millsap (13 points, 9 rebounds), Kyle Korver (13 points, 4 rebounds) and Dennis Schröder (10 points, 4 assists) all chipped in with solid performances, but it was Teague who stood out above the rest. Beyond that, the return of Sefolosha was the highlight, as the veteran swingman looked spry in tallying five points and three rebounds in eight first-half minutes." -Peachtree Hoops
  • jazzybella
    Options
    Mavs on Friday!!!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • jazzybella
    Options
    PERFECT PRESEASON

91-84 against Mavs
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heat 101

Hawks 92

4D8Qi6M_zpsmh3klz7y.gif
  • jazzybella
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Atlanta Hawks suffer first preseason defeat in 101-92 loss to Miami Heat

Grizzlies on Wednesday....Preseason Finale vs Pistons on Friday
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jazzy, its good to see you holding the squad down. Im in full Falcons mode right now. I dont even watch basketball until February. Keep doing ya thing.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    Player News

According to the NY Post, the Atlanta Hawks player is reportedly suing the city and eight cops for $50 million for causing him injuries he says will stay with him forever.
    The lawsuit states that the cops rough play has left him “substantially disabled” and that the “damages are permanent in nature and continuing into the future.”
    Luckily for Thabo, not only was he able to beat the charges against him after police accused him of resisting arrest that night, he has also been able to return to the courts to play ball again just six months later after missing out on the rest of last season.
    On Sunday The Hawks tweeted, “If Thabo isn’t 100%, what will his dunks look like when he is?”
    In his defense, Alex Spiro, Thabo’s attorney, says don’t be fooled by 6-foot-5 guard/forward’s ability to play through the his pain, “Unfortunately, he may not be dunking as much as he was before this happened.”
  • jazzybella
    Options
    "Yeah, but that Cavs series.

I know that series left people unfairly saying that the Hawks were the worst 60 win team ever -- as if losing in the conference finals was supposed to prove they were a fluke. To say that and believe it is to say you don't think the Hawks success is real, that somehow they played some kind of cupcake schedule and padded wins.

It was the most ridiculous statement then and remains so now. This team is real. It's repeatable. And I think there is room to grow. So yes, I am so fired up about this global deflation and the lack of proper respect for what this team did that I am predicting improvement. They had 20 games where they were either ramping up with their best player or winding down after clinching. If the East really is better, then the Hawks will have no reason to coast and will beat last season's wins and smash everybody's bogus, low-level, slap in the face win predictions for this season.' "

Surprise.

-Peachtree Hoops

TIP OFF OCTOBER 27TH @ 8PM---RICH HOMIE QUAN ENTERTAINMENT HEADLINER
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »

doodoogrits_zps492e67b5.jpg

giphy.gif

• jazzybella
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • jazzybella
    Options
    :'( First Game Report Coming Soon.....
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's frustrating about this game, is that they are continuing to get dominated in the paint losing the rebound battle. It's like they didn't work on their main issue from last year. It's game one and long season ahead, so I'm just going to have faith they get it together soon.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    What's frustrating about this game, is that they are continuing to get dominated in the paint losing the rebound battle. It's like they didn't work on their main issue from last year. It's game one and long season ahead, so I'm just going to have faith they get it together soon.

We were horrible on defensive and offensive last night. We were just scrambling for the ball, shots not completed, thank goodness for our bench. Detroit attacked the paint, long range shots, and were getting to the free throw line. The same offensive issue during preseason smh Yes, keep the faith lol
  • jazzybella
    Options
    @southsil4lil
    I was just pointing out their ignorant statements. No one gives valid criticism on the Hawks, they just say something stupid everyone agrees and that's it. I'm only "catching feelings" because I'm a female who isn't chasing attention, just trying to have a sports related conversation. But I won't tolerate being called out my name, that's when it gets personal.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    HAWKS REPORT

Muscala and Thabo out for game tomorrow against Knicks

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

doodoogrits_zps492e67b5.jpg

giphy.gif

That ? was doo doo grits too as was their performance. It was the ECF all over again, no progress shown.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    Bazemore starting again smh
  • jazzybella
    Options
    All those excuses for the Knicks :/
  • jazzybella
    edited October 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

FIRST WIN OF THE SEASON
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We loss fair and square. Good game.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy-4_zps9z5bbjmi.gif
  • jazzybella
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

giphy-4_zps9z5bbjmi.gif

We were top eastern seed last year but it was a fluke YET y'all won 30 games and now y'all playoff material?

tumblr_n2o29vO03B1rtpm86o2_400.gif
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

giphy-4_zps9z5bbjmi.gif

We were top eastern seed last year but it was a fluke YET y'all won 30 games and now y'all playoff material?

Soo..because we're just optimistic about this season because we're actually showing upside not to mention BK is definitely out of here this season. No one said ATL isn't going to have a successful season and no one guaranteed Knicks are getting any titles either. It just feels good that we are starting to look like a damn team again after that travesty last season. The better team won yesterday I don't see what you're mad about.
  • jazzybella
    Options

giphy-4_zps9z5bbjmi.gif

Soo..because we're just optimistic about this season because we're actually showing upside not to mention BK is definitely out of here this season. No one said ATL isn't going to have a successful season and no one guaranteed Knicks are getting any titles either. It just feels good that we are starting to look like a damn team again after that travesty last season. The better team won yesterday I don't see what you're mad about.

Dude, I'm not mad. What I did is called "Voicing My Opinion"