20120109_royalrumble_cena_kane_c.jpg

Lol y'all know damn well why I did this

Better Overall Wrestler - Cham Edition: John Cena vs. Kane 16 votes

John Cena
25%
jonoStoneColdMikeyJabu_Rulesilverfoxx 4 votes
Kane
75%
Dupac5th Letteraneed123illestni99ainneits....JOHN BAlready Home_17Mister B.TheBoyRoblu197Peezy_JenkinsBangEm_Bart Tsotsi Cape Town 12 votes

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    easily kane, he's a workhorse, i mean look at all his great matches. he would have had a better match with the rock at mania and he woulda put ko over. plus, his hair grows back faster than cena could ever heal.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    Anyone is better than that boston ? wigga.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    Right now, I would probably take cena since he's been good in those US open challenges and Kane is older and slower, but overall wrestling career, Kane. When he was younger, one of the most agile big men WWE has ever had
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    Kane is better on the mic, better in the ring, better character, has believability, easily the better Athlete (espically when he was young and super jacked) he had a strong chance of going pro to the NFL if he didn't get injured in his college days, Kane doesn't botch hardly anything unlike Cena who botches everything down to throwing a simple punch....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    John Cena
    I'll be the ? .

Cena's last 10 years he has gotten progressively better and right now he doing the best work of his career. Kane has been getting WORSE since 1998

Kane barely has good matches with great workers. Who remembers Kane's matches with Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho or Booker T? Nobody. People have been groaning at Kane for YEARS. Nobody wanted him in the main event in 2003 or 2004 alone today.

Kane even as a character has been dead since they did the love angle with Tori that was like 1999.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Cena
    John Cens maybe the GOAT ever.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Give me 99-02 kane dude was unstoppable
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    jono wrote: »
    I'll be the ? .

Cena's last 10 years he has gotten progressively better and right now he doing the best work of his career. Kane has been getting WORSE since 1998

Kane barely has good matches with great workers. Who remembers Kane's matches with Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho or Booker T? Nobody. People have been groaning at Kane for YEARS. Nobody wanted him in the main event in 2003 or 2004 alone today.

Kane even as a character has been dead since they did the love angle with Tori that was like 1999.

but but but, what about all the great matches he's had
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane
    I'll be the ? .

This ? is straight shitposting and shouldn't be allowed to talk wrestling...

"Cenas last 10 years he has gotten progressively better" straight up LIES, you can't give 3 reasons how he improved...

"Who remembers Kane matches in Ruthless Aggression?" ? who actually watched RAW back then and have a decent memory...

"Nobody wanted him in the main event in 03/04" FALSE, your ? ass is just sayin ? with no type of source, Kane was over af, many wanted him to go over and get the title at No Mercy 02 vs HHH and AGAIN in 03 vs HHH in the Mask vs Title match...

"Kane as a character has been dead since the Tori love angle" FALSE, especially when Kane first unmasked and was beastin squashing ? every week, setting JR on fire, tombstone Linda, ? with Shane, coming down to ring in Chains and 10 security guys, that was some of the coolest ? they did with his character....

Kane's Attitude Era work is better than anything Cena has done in the buisness, his work with Austin,Taker,HHH,RVD ill watch any day over anything Cena has done with anybody.... Kane is better overall by FAR
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane
    Oh and Kane's in ring psychology blows Cenas out the water, even in Kane's monster heel prime when he no selled alot you would never see him take Frog Splash by the world champ and roll back up like that fuckery Cena displayed....
  • jono
    Options
    John Cena
    Kane was unmasked because hus character had been ? for years. I agree 2003 Kane was some of the best work but how many PPVs did he main event? He had some good matches with Shane McMahon, who is a remarkable worker by the way, but he didn't really shine with anyone else...maybe RVD and he had a decent match with HBK around that time.

And Kane no sold Chavo Guerrero's Frog Splash WHICH IS HIS FINISHER into a chokeslam. Rollins doesnt use the frog splash as a finish, in fact he just started using it as a regular damn move. If IIRC he did the same to RVD as well.

But lets get back to these matches though.

Lets look at similar opponents.

Who had better matches with Angle? Cena
    Who had better matches with HHH? Cena
    Who had better matches with RVD? Cena
    Who had better matches with Edge? Cena
    Who had better matches with Batista? Cena
    Who had better matches with Jericho? Cena

Im not seeing the debate.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    there is no debate, ? cant even bring up a real stand out match from kane, at best bruh just had some real cool moments. ? had the nerve to call taker overrated. ruthless aggression my favorite time period pure wrestling wise, and u know what stand out about kane at that time most, katie vick.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Kane
    Kane in his prime was the better wrestler, had the better character, better on the mic. Cena can work too but he's annoying.
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane
    there is no debate,? cant even bring up a real stand out match from kane, at best bruh just had some real cool moments. ? had the nerve to call taker overrated. ruthless aggression my favorite time period pure wrestling wise, and u know what stand out about kane at that time most, katie vick.

Do you know what this thread is about? The thread topic isn't "Who had more stand out matches aka who had the bigger push".. I can't give you "stand out" matches with guys like Billy Kidman, ? Holly, Goldust, Kerry Von Erich, Rick Martel ect but they're all still better overall wrestlers than Cena, just like Kane...

As long as Cenas been the top guy i dont even remember Cena matches like that and you tryn to gas this man up like he has HBK vs Bret WM12 or Kurt vs Stone Cold SS class of matches under his belt.. gtfoh....

Like everybody in thread said, Kane does EVERYTHING better than Cena, when it pertains to mic skills, psychology, character, athleticism ect..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    John Cena
    lol kane never been better on mic skills but overall hell yeah . dude probably was the strongest in thr ring ever but he wasnt a typical big man. i still can't believe the kane from late 90s is still the kane from now. ? kane from now stillstrong as ? .
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    John Cena
    character wise kane sucks now but i don't hate kane like i do big show though. kane is alright in ring wise
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kane
    Kane was unmasked because hus character had been ? for years. I agree 2003 Kane was some of the best work but how many PPVs did he main event? He had some good matches with Shane McMahon, who is a remarkable worker by the way, but he didn't really shine with anyone else...maybe RVD and he had a decent match with HBK around that time.

And Kane no sold Chavo Guerrero's Frog Splash WHICH IS HIS FINISHER into a chokeslam. Rollins doesnt use the frog splash as a finish, in fact he just started using it as a regular damn move. If IIRC he did the same to RVD as well.

kane main evented twice in 2003
    vs hhh, which lead to his unmasking
    after he was a heel and well, it didn't make sense for a heel hhh to go up against a heel Kane for the title did it?
    once a face goldberg won the championship, Kane challenged. yet so did hhh. have you forgotten this was the middle of the reign of terror?

I can't think of any great matches Kane's been in, but he's had a lot of enjoyable ones. especially with the opponents you named.

what gives Kane the edge over cena imo is how he's been able to evolve his character numerous of times. hell his bipolar act last Monday was one of the highlights of the show. and although corporate Kane has been annoying for the past 2 years, cena's character has been insufferable for the past 8 years. Kane's willing to put anybody over. cena? nexus

that's all that needs to be said

and ? did you just bring up him no selling chavo? chavo? who gives a ? ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Kane
    blu197 wrote: »
    there is no debate,? cant even bring up a real stand out match from kane, at best bruh just had some real cool moments. ? had the nerve to call taker overrated. ruthless aggression my favorite time period pure wrestling wise, and u know what stand out about kane at that time most, katie vick.

Do you know what this thread is about? The thread topic isn't "Who had more stand out matches aka who had the bigger push".. I can't give you "stand out" matches with guys like Billy Kidman, ? Holly, Goldust, Kerry Von Erich, Rick Martel ect but they're all still better overall wrestlers than Cena, just like Kane...

As long as Cenas been the top guy i dont even remember Cena matches like that and you tryn to gas this man up like he has HBK vs Bret WM12 or Kurt vs Stone Cold SS class of matches under his belt.. gtfoh....

Like everybody in thread said, Kane does EVERYTHING better than Cena, when it pertains to mic skills, psychology, character, athleticism ect.

ur the only one who said any of this tho.
  • jono
    edited September 2015
    Options
    John Cena

after he was a heel and well, it didn't make sense for a heel hhh to go up against a heel Kane for the title did it?
    once a face goldberg won the championship, Kane challenged. yet so did hhh. have you forgotten this was the middle of the reign of terror?

I can't think of any great matches Kane's been in, but he's had a lot of enjoyable ones. especially with the opponents you named.

what gives Kane the edge over cena imo is how he's been able to evolve his character numerous of times. hell his bipolar act last Monday was one of the highlights of the show. and although corporate Kane has been annoying for the past 2 years, cena's character has been insufferable for the past 8 years. Kane's willing to put anybody over. cena? nexus

It doesn't matter who it is. Chavo at the time was ECW World Champion. I can go on about him burying Tombstones and other people's finishers too but I stuck with the topic of frog splashes.

I believe he also did it to Rey Mysterio too.

As far as his main event run of 2003 the second match (triple threat w/ Goldberg & HHH) he was only in that match to lose.

I agree my favorite Kane run was 2003, when they reignited the character by unmasking him but then they snuffed it out quick as ? .

Kane was dull as dishwater until 2010 when they made him WHC for his "last run" where he killed Undertaker in a feud. Then he and Edge bombed and had ? matches.

Then Kane was once again boring and doing nothing until 2012 when he returned masked to feud with....CENA! Lol
  • blu197
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    Dude just drop it, no matter how bad Kane's character got it was still more entertaining than Cenas character, and it was in Kane's booking to no sell like most giants do, like Show,Andre or even Strowman, it's BELIEVABLE if someone Kane's size no sells crusierweight ? like Chavo or Rey, he's no sold HHH and other guys like Rock but so has other giants including Taker or Brock, that's how they're booked.. Cena no sells bc he has ZERO ring psychology, he takes everything a guy has in his moveset and gets up and moves around like it wasn't ? , where guys like Roman and Ziggler sell the physicality of the match from beginning to end, sometimes they sell the physicality of that match on the next weeks RAW....

There's not ONE thing Cena does better than Kane from an athletic, entertainment or in ring perspective, especially when comparing Kanes prime..
  • Already Home_17
    Options
    Kane

It doesn't matter who it is. Chavo at the time was ECW World Champion. I can go on about him burying Tombstones and other people's finishers too but I stuck with the topic of frog splashes.

As far as his main event run of 2003 the second match (triple threat w/ Goldberg & HHH) he was only in that match to lose.

I agree my favorite Kane run was 2003, when they reignited the character by unmasking him but then they snuffed it out quick as ? .

Kane was dull as dishwater until 2010 when they made him WHC for his "last run" where he killed Undertaker in a feud. Then he and Edge bombed and had ? matches.

Then Kane was once again boring and doing nothing until 2012 when he returned masked to feud with....CENA! Lol

I'm impressed you typed that without laughing. I sure laughed when I read it. but fine

chavo and rey are cruiserweights. Kane is a super heavyweight. no selling them is no big deal. the fact he had to sell for them in the first place is insulting

Kane didn't take the losing fall in that match. Goldberg did

edge was Larry Holmes status that whole year. he faced Jericho twice, orton, etc. and didn't have a good one on one match with anyone. I agree that feud was a bomb though

Kane's fued with cena produced ? matches. Kane's matches with orton, bryan, punk afterwards were clearly better
  • jono
    Options
    John Cena

I'm impressed you typed that without laughing. I sure laughed when I read it. but fine

chavo and rey are cruiserweights. Kane is a super heavyweight. no selling them is no big deal. the fact he had to sell for them in the first place is insulting

edge was Larry Holmes status that whole year. he faced Jericho twice, orton, etc. and didn't have a good one on one match with anyone. I agree that feud was a bomb though

Kane's fued with cena produced ? matches. Kane's matches with orton, bryan, punk afterwards were clearly better
    Most of your points are fair.

Kane also no-sold Jericho's Lionsault, but I guess since he's a "cruiserweight" its okay. JBL was just talking about that label.

Everyone sold for Rey so thats no excuse. Undertaker even sold for Rey. So thats ? .

Kane vs Cena was a trash feud, true enough but what was Kane doing before Cena gave him life? Jobbing to Bray Wyatt I believe.

Funny thing is, I haven't even talked about Kane's moveset which is just the sloppier version of Undertaker's moveset or that his character even after being unmasked did mostly uppercuts. Buddy didnt use his left arm to throw a punch for like 10 years.
  • Already Home_17
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    Kane put over both Jericho and mysterio. you're crying because he no sold a lionsault and frog splash?

Kane was written off tv before he feuded with cena. due to either injury or just time off

and you're calling Kane's move set sloppy...in defense of john cena

lol
    you're better than this
  • blu197
    Options
    Kane

Most of your points are fair.

Kane also no-sold Jericho's Lionsault, but I guess since he's a "cruiserweight" its okay. JBL was just talking about that label.

Everyone sold for Rey so thats no excuse. Undertaker even sold for Rey. So thats ? .

Kane vs Cena was a trash feud, true enough but what was Kane doing before Cena gave him life? Jobbing to Bray Wyatt I believe.

What point are you tryn to make with this? I sure hope it's not some dumb ? like "Kane wouldn't still be around/important if it wasn't for Cena"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kane
    cena is unorthodox and at times sloppy but u cant say he doesnt at least add to his arsenal for big matches. cena has been a terribly stale character but when it comes to the big matches he does his part. hence some of the great matches he's been a part of over the last few years. like u said, cant think of any great matches kane's been apart of. sure his character has evolved but for me, after he went from evil big red machine with a talk box to dealing with tori & xpac it was a wrap for me. had some funny/cool moments in between but i never really cared for that character like that again outside that dope finger eleven theme. i can understand him taking more l's/putting more people over as well, its not like he was booked as a main/top guy consistently. props for surviving all these years as the one of the last of vinces off the wall characters and for being an agile and durable big guy but....