Universal Can’t Find A Director For ‘Furious 8,’ Are Worried Vin Diesel Might Want To

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I posted this ? in the recently watch thread like it was new news didn't even know there was a thread on it smh
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? gon act like FF7 wasn't a good flick.

It had its WTF moments plotwise but it was still entertaining as ? . And Paul Walker ain't the heart and soul of the franchise. Vin is. Everything revolves around his character and he's pretty much the face of the franchise.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The series needs to be grounded again. ? is getting a little too fantastical and predictable. Predator drones, skyscraper hopping, and a one man army getting knocked out by a mechanic. The Rock being rendered useless so early was strange as ? , too.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    FF7 was trash as far as writing, acting, and waaaay to out there unless you're going to tell me these guys are actually Inhumans from Agents of Shield. What else is there to do with this story and without Paul Walker who was a big part of this franchise?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's kinda ? up that Han and the chick gets killed off but the Shaw brothers still alive.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Vin Diesel causing an earthquake with his foot was some ? ...

But here's the thing about movies... ALL movies... As long as a movie remains within the boundaries it sets for itself, there isn't a problem. The underground street racing aspect isn't realistic either from a community and policing standpoint but that's the parameters the franchise set for itself. So if they allowed street racing to exist in 2F2F but not in Tokyo Drift for example, I'd say GTFOH.

But they at least gave you an explanation as to how they jumped from one building to the next. We know the chances of that happening in real life are slim to none, but they gave you a quasi-realistic plot device for it. And if you feel the need to turn into a physics professor and argue the law of gravity, this was never the movie for you in the first place.

We don't question how Gamma radiation could turn Banner into the Hulk instead of killing him, do we? Because scientifically, that is a HUGE wtf plotpoint. But we go for it because... comics.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    That ? dumb b. He finds logic in all stupidity.
  • soul rattler
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yo b you comparing superhero movies to a franchise that was originally about street racing but now got ? hopping out of cars going 50mph, sticking a perfect landing with an assault rifle in their hand.

The cars is just the motif. The franchise is about family. It always has been. You want a movie about cars, try Need for Speed LOL. There's ridiculousness in every movie. I know I didn't buy a movie ticket to see what would really happen if a car was dropped out of a plane with a parachute. I wanted to see a fantastical movie about expert drivers doing the impossible.

I will never get people who come out of theaters saying "That's not real!" LOL like it was a Michael Myers documentary trying to convince you of everything on screen.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Na ? was wack b
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    ? stomping earthquakes in the ground, parachuting outta planes in cars and humveys and surviving head on collisions. That was a stupid ass movie lol.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this dude Vin drove over a gotdamn cliff and gave the chick a helmet like that protect her body I was done lol.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    When this dude Vin drove over a gotdamn cliff and gave the chick a helmet like that protect her body I was done lol.

I was surprised he even gave her a helmet. Like do they know what franchise they're in? They're gonna be alright. They could do nose diving into a wood chipper and come out without a splinter. I guess she needed the helmet cause she's not quite super hero enough. Not top billing. She's like Quicksilver. Or maybe that's Paul? eh
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »

Man I thought for sure he had a back up chute in his car. Nah they just merrily went over the cliff like ? it

And that's how they got away! Lol nobody even followed up
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Don't forget they even had ol girl switch cars while they was spinning at at least 50mph
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least in the original when Vin diesel gets t-? by a semi in the final scene he breaks his arm...

But hes been invincible ever since
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    As long as the franchise keeps making big money the studio will keep pumping them out plain and simple
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last couple posts are hilarious and sum up the last flick totally. ? needs to just die.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How this ? got anywhere past four movies is proof that Hollywood is ? .
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I can't see him failing to be honest. I just hope the stunts aren't too stupid like the last 2. I hope he brings it back down to earth like 1,3 and some elements in 5. I might give it a chance depending.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now the franchise has had 2 directors who have directed Ice Cube in classic hood movies.

Could Cube himself pop up in one of these movies one day?