zzombie wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    We should really be looking for ways to extract resources from mars and not worry and finding life. It will most likely only be a few microbes anyway

You are white. "? if anything or anyone lives in there they got resources!"

I am not white and i am sure there is no intelligent life on mars. I REALLY wish my race would get with the ? program and stop being such ? wimps. You fools are actually worried that we might disturb life that won't be more developed than bacteria . The potential profits to mankind can be so grand and the possible wealth the mining of space will produce can be astronomical

You cool with being part of a species that is akin to a parasite?

Mankind is not a parasite we are the pinnacle of life on earth

AKIN- characteristics that are similar. Stop dodging the ? question, you do that ? all the time. Do we or do we not have similar characteristics that are similar to parasites? We eat, reproduce and destroy. Is that not the case?

No we are not parasites.

If simply eating ,reproducing and destroying are the only characteristics you go by then all animals are parasites to you. Parasites can only SURVIVE at the expense of other species humanity HOWEVER can survive with other species in ecological harmony if we wish too the parasite has no choice.

What do animals destroy? How has the advancement of the lion made the planet less than what it is? When has an elephant caused an oil spill and polluted the ocean with a substance that would have polluted the earth even if it hadn't leaked into the ocean by humans. You think too highly of humanity. Humans are the reason some animals will never be seen again.

Animals ? and destroy other animals. I argue that really humans have gone pass being called animals in the true active sense OF the word. Animals simply exist that is all, they don't have the concept of "developing" all they do is survive. Animals only exist in there environment and some animals can control their micro environment . Humanity can create AND control our macro AND micro environment and the environments of other creatures.

A parasite is a slave to circumstance humanity is not much more or our destiny is in our hands not to mention the lives of just about all other life on this planet.

You are a ? idiot. What concept of destruction does a whale have? A moose? The only species that has the ability and concept to destroy on a level that can even be measured is humans. people like you are the reason we will go extinct after ? up the planet.

They don't need to have the concept of destruction, like all animals they survive at the expense of other living things that is one of the things we do share in common with animals the difference being that we can think about it while animals just do it.

in their survival they don't pollute the planet and harm their own and million of other species.

ANIMALS of the same species harm each other all the time and animals went extinct before humanity.

The planet is ours to pollute and all the animals on earth are ours to do whatever we wish, we have earned that power and responsibility.

Sound like you woulda owned slaves..
    @not_osirus_jenkins

nihilism is childish if you hate humanity so much just ? yourself and please don't have anymore kids

I will live and die in opulence. Continue to believe what you want...

LOl do you even know what nihilism is it has nothing to really do with your material condition.

Yea I do and it has nothing to do with material things. I live how a live
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should really be looking for ways to extract resources from mars and not worry and finding life. It will most likely only be a few microbes anyway

I am not white and i am sure there is no intelligent life on mars. I REALLY wish my race would get with the ? program and stop being such ? wimps. You fools are actually worried that we might disturb life that won't be more developed than bacteria . The potential profits to mankind can be so grand and the possible wealth the mining of space will produce can be astronomical

AKIN- characteristics that are similar. Stop dodging the ? question, you do that ? all the time. Do we or do we not have similar characteristics that are similar to parasites? We eat, reproduce and destroy. Is that not the case?

No we are not parasites.

If simply eating ,reproducing and destroying are the only characteristics you go by then all animals are parasites to you. Parasites can only SURVIVE at the expense of other species humanity HOWEVER can survive with other species in ecological harmony if we wish too the parasite has no choice.

What do animals destroy? How has the advancement of the lion made the planet less than what it is? When has an elephant caused an oil spill and polluted the ocean with a substance that would have polluted the earth even if it hadn't leaked into the ocean by humans. You think too highly of humanity. Humans are the reason some animals will never be seen again.

Animals ? and destroy other animals. I argue that really humans have gone pass being called animals in the true active sense OF the word. Animals simply exist that is all, they don't have the concept of "developing" all they do is survive. Animals only exist in there environment and some animals can control their micro environment . Humanity can create AND control our macro AND micro environment and the environments of other creatures.

A parasite is a slave to circumstance humanity is not much more or our destiny is in our hands not to mention the lives of just about all other life on this planet.

You are a ? idiot. What concept of destruction does a whale have? A moose? The only species that has the ability and concept to destroy on a level that can even be measured is humans. people like you are the reason we will go extinct after ? up the planet.

What about invasive species like the lion fish?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

No we are not parasites.

Who put them where they are?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't really offer anything beneficial to the Earth as a species tbh
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real question... water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen... so in order for water to be on the surface of Mars wouldn't it have to have a significant amount of oxygen in the Mars atmosphere?
  • VIBE
    Options

No we are not parasites.

Who put them where they are?

Nature.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't really offer anything beneficial to the Earth as a species tbh

what is your definition of beneficial? in my opinion, we have the potential. but we've been on a destructive path for so long it would take an entire overhaul of our global culture to stem the tide.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They put too much importance on finding water in places IMO. It's not even close to the only important thing that's necessary to sustain life as we know it. And there is a good possibility that it's not required for life in general. I mean Earth based lifeforms need it, but there is nothing saying that environments unlike Earth can't spawn life that doesn't require water to exist.

BRUH, NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING WOULD EXIST IF IT WASNT FOR WATER (OTHER THAN ? )
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real question... water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen... so in order for water to be on the surface of Mars wouldn't it have to have a significant amount of oxygen in the Mars atmosphere?

someone answer this ?
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah way back in the day, from what I read, Mars had 1500 meter deep lakes 3 billion(!) years ago and developed oxygen 1.5 billion years before Earth...Mars is 1.5 billion years ahead of earth...while both planets are approx the same age. There is oxygen but no magnetic field, not enough oxygen for us to survive.

basically we dont know enough yet, Ive read that the oxygen lvl of mars is the same lvl as earth was 4 billion years ago, but from all the sources I read regarding this, that was all determined pre nasa's water on mars news. Nasa said theyre going underground over there in the early 2020s...

here is the current info regarding the atmosphere:

Mars lost its magnetosphere 4 billion years ago,[139] possibly because of numerous asteroid strikes,[140] so the solar wind interacts directly with the Martian ionosphere, lowering the atmospheric density by stripping away atoms from the outer layer. Both Mars Global Surveyor and Mars Express have detected ionised atmospheric particles trailing off into space behind Mars,[139][141] and this atmospheric loss is being studied by the MAVEN orbiter.

Compared to Earth, the atmosphere of Mars is quite rarefied. Atmospheric pressure on the surface today ranges from a low of 30 Pa (0.030 kPa) on Olympus Mons to over 1,155 Pa (1.155 kPa) in Hellas Planitia, with a mean pressure at the surface level of 600 Pa (0.60 kPa).[142] The highest atmospheric density on Mars is equal to that found 35 km (22 mi)[143] above Earth's surface. The resulting mean surface pressure is only 0.6% of that of Earth (101.3 kPa). The scale height of the atmosphere is about 10.8 km (6.7 mi),[144] which is higher than Earth's (6 km (3.7 mi)) because the surface gravity of Mars is only about 38% of Earth's, an effect offset by both the lower temperature and 50% higher average molecular weight of the atmosphere of Mars.

The atmosphere of Mars consists of about 96% carbon dioxide, 1.93% argon and 1.89% nitrogen along with traces of oxygen and water.[7][145] The atmosphere is quite dusty, containing particulates about 1.5 µm in diameter which give the Martian sky a tawny color when seen from the surface.[146]
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Sanchez wrote: »

someone answer this ?

you couldn't so you can't be too much smarter than me...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    They put too much importance on finding water in places IMO. It's not even close to the only important thing that's necessary to sustain life as we know it. And there is a good possibility that it's not required for life in general. I mean Earth based lifeforms need it, but there is nothing saying that environments unlike Earth can't spawn life that doesn't require water to exist.

BRUH, NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING WOULD EXIST IF IT WASNT FOR WATER (OTHER THAN ? )

You can't say that. You can only say that no Earth based lifeform or anything similar could exist without water. There is nothing that says that some new form of life couldn't evolve using some other chemical (ethanol for example) in place of water. Water is important because it's a universal solvent. It might be arguably the best depending on what you need, but it's not the only good solvent.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No we are not parasites.

They don't need to have the concept of destruction, like all animals they survive at the expense of other living things that is one of the things we do share in common with animals the difference being that we can think about it while animals just do it.

in their survival they don't pollute the planet and harm their own and million of other species.

ANIMALS of the same species harm each other all the time and animals went extinct before humanity.

The planet is ours to pollute and all the animals on earth are ours to do whatever we wish, we have earned that power and responsibility.

Sound like you woulda owned slaves..

That's what all of his posts sound like.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't say that. You can only say that no Earth based lifeform or anything similar could exist without water. There is nothing that says that some new form of life couldn't evolve using some other chemical (ethanol for example) in place of water. Water is important because it's a universal solvent. It might be arguably the best depending on what you need, but it's not the only good solvent.

Theyre sending Earthlings there tho once the Earth becomes Venus'd so to ensure the elitist survive they must find water first so they can start the shift.

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Theyre sending Earthlings there tho once the Earth becomes Venus'd so to ensure the elitist survive they must find water first so they can start the shift.

That's supposed to happen in about 1.3 billion years. The Andromeda Galaxy will collide with our galaxy in about 3.8 billion I think.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U know when galaxies collide that nothing betwixt them makes contact, its more of an expansion...what i meant is natural resources = money and opportunity = civilization( civility in question)
    Once the ozone is depleted, the waters dried up, all of the oil and gold gone and the earth mined hollow...who gives a ? , let the peasants die cuz Mars is the new Earth
    And Earth is the new Venus

Venus is uninhabitable now yes but whos to say it never sustained life
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U know when galaxies collide that nothing betwixt them makes contact, its more of an expansion...what i meant is natural resources = money and opportunity = civilization( civility in question)
    Once the ozone is depleted, the waters dried up, all of the oil and gold gone and the earth mined hollow...who gives a ? , let the peasants die cuz Mars is the new Earth
    And Earth is the new Venus

Venus is uninhabitable now yes but whos to say it never sustained life

Bro Mars sucks now, Earth is still gonna be the place to be for us for a very long time.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4 that Martian ? is the truth and they love ? too

5511d2e58a50a.gif
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just realized, that from a genetic perspective, they would have to include black people in that. if they plan on humanity lasting.

Barring some huge genetic breakthrough, the european's genetic bottleneck would dilute and destroy their race in the long term if isolated to that extent if you think about it.

They would need to bring along the most genetically diverse group of people ever assembled for any real chance of the miscegenation of humankind there. And anyone with any education knows many of them in the best case scenario would have to be black.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buy your RBG shoes and you support black economic power and resources that develops science and technology which provides food, shelter, clothing, and security and cultural control of your dominance on this planet. Hotep brethren!
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »

I just realized, that from a genetic perspective, they would have to include black people in that. if they plan on humanity lasting.

Barring some huge genetic breakthrough, the european's genetic bottleneck would dilute and destroy their race in the long term if isolated to that extent if you think about it.

They would need to bring along the most genetically diverse group of people ever assembled for any real chance of the miscegenation of humankind there. And anyone with any education knows many of them in the best case scenario would have to be black.

The only blacks will be the very wealthiest like Oprah, Jordan, and others in the class.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Venus was the original Earth... The sun grows and at one time our sister planet was in it's habitable zone where we are right now. As the sun grows one day Earth will become another Venus and Mars will be more centralized within the habitable zone.

Mars is at the very edge and a lot smaller than Earth or Venus so it loses its heat quicker explaining why it is sort of an icy dessert and not a water ball like Earth was when Venus was likely thriving 2 billion years ago.

Although most of the water may have evaporated into space by now, with consistent exposure to a certain amount of sunlight Mars could potentially contain enough water to cover the whole planet. As we have finally proven, there are still seasonal flowing of water on Mars when the temperature gets just right,

Its interesting though, we hardly know everything about the planet we live on let alone all the things about Mars that are still a mystery. What we've done so far would be the equivalent to landing in the desert of Earth and concluding the whole planet was unlivable. Our scope of understanding is so small looking through the lenses of a robot, it amazing we even know this much today.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Venus was the original Earth... The sun grows and at one time our sister planet was in it's habitable zone where we are right now. As the sun grows one day Earth will become another Venus and Mars will be more centralized within the habitable zone.

Mars is at the very edge and a lot smaller than Earth or Venus so it loses its heat quicker explaining why it is sort of an icy dessert and not a water ball like Earth was when Venus was likely thriving 2 billion years ago.

Although most of the water may have evaporated into space by now, with consistent exposure to a certain amount of sunlight Mars could potentially contain enough water to cover the whole planet. As we have finally proven, there are still seasonal flowing of water on Mars when the temperature gets just right,

Its interesting though, we hardly know everything about the planet we live on let alone all the things about Mars that are still a mystery. What we've done so far would be the equivalent to landing in the desert of Earth and concluding the whole planet was unlivable. Our scope of understanding is so small looking through the lenses of a robot, it amazing we even know this much today.

Appreciate the knowledge.

I'm starting to believe that we're not the only planet with living beings.
  • VIBE
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

If Mars was onc earth-like, then slowly died, what makes you think that there isn't life on other planets? I don't think it's as "rare" to have life. We just don't have the technology to find it quite yet.

There's an estimated 10 trillion galaxies and 100 octillion stars.

that is a lot of suns to make planets livable..

Life's there. We just won't be alive when it is announced, unfortunately.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

If Mars was onc earth-like, then slowly died, what makes you think that there isn't life on other planets? I don't think it's as "rare" to have life. We just don't have the technology to find it quite yet.

There's an estimated 10 trillion galaxies and 100 octillion stars.

that is a lot of suns to make planets livable..

Life's there. We just won't be alive when it is announced, unfortunately.

Until this newest information about Mars became public, I didn't believe in other beings on other planets.

Like I said in the post you quoted, I'm becoming a believer in planets with other beings.