Denzel Washington Fought To Change The Ending Of Training Day

2»

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alonzo should of lived. That man was 35 steps ahead of the game... a ? like that u dont mind if he gets away.

But the endin was good regardless, Cant complain
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Death scene was a Godfather rip off

7.gif

I've always wondered if the two guys that followed Sonny and found his dead body were killed when they came back to tell Michael. Sonny's death was such a smooth set up, while the family was at war, I would of hated to be the one to deliver that news.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody get the joke about the snail crawling in the yard though? He says, figure the joke out, you'll figure the streets out..

the ? your problem?

yeah IDK what the meaning behind that joke is but I can see how it could be viewed as Jake being the snail. Kinda makes sense.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember reading/hearing Fuqua was fired from the film and Denzel really did most of the directing work.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I remember reading/hearing Fuqua was fired from the film and Denzel really did most of the directing work.

Nah but I did hear a funny lil story about Denzel on the set of a movie...

He had just finished a scene and the director had came up to him and said, "Ok that was good, but we gonna shoot another take. And this time I want you to do it this way...", and he describes how he wants Denzel to play the scene.

So the director yells action and Denzel proceeds to do the scene in the exact same way he'd done it before, ignoring the directors instruction. Director pulls Denzel to the side and says, "Listen I really think this scene would be better if you do it the way I asked."

Denzel looked at him straight faced and saying nothing for about 5 seconds and walks away to his trailer. Right before he goes in, without even turning around he just yells out "38!" And slams the door shut. He was done with this scene.

Director is just sittin there clearly confused, lookin around asking "What's he mean by that? What's '38'?"

Producer looks at him with a grin, "38 is the number of movies he's been in."

Director: "Okay, that's a wrap."
  • HarlemNY
    HarlemNY Members Posts: 294 ✭✭
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

He had just finished a scene and the director had came up to him and said, "Ok that was good, but we gonna shoot another take. And this time I want you to do it this way...", and he describes how he wants Denzel to play the scene.

So the director yells action and Denzel proceeds to do the scene in the exact same way he'd done it before, ignoring the directors instruction. Director pulls Denzel to the side and says, "Listen I really think this scene would be better if you do it the way I asked."

Denzel looked at him straight faced and saying nothing for about 5 seconds and walks away to his trailer. Right before he goes in, without even turning around he just yells out "38!" And slams the door shut. He was done with this scene.

Director is just sittin there clearly confused, lookin around asking "What's he mean by that? What's '38'?"

Wow,

Never woulda guessed Denzel had a ego like that.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »

Wow,

Never woulda guessed Denzel had a ego like that.

Word

Sounds like a ? bag

Maybe hes a method actor and that was the Alonzo in him
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be an ? too if muhfuckas expected me to be nice to them all the time just cause..
    not saying that story was true
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Id be an ? too if muhfuckas expected me to be nice to them all the time just cause..

Or if a director was tryn to direct...

Not saying its true
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »

now you know why Michael Jordan acts the way he acts,on his Sports century documentary i remember him saying

no matter where he goes anytime he enters a room he can "feel" the eyes of everybody looking at him.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    I don't think he was bein an ? as much as he was basically tellin this director.. "Ay, I got this ? ... 38 movies in, I think I know wtf I'm doin."

Also.. And I guess it didn't really come through in the way I told the story, but the director was actually being the douchy one, and the way he wanted Denzel to play out the scene, felt wrong to him.

In any case, have you ever seen a bad Denzel performance? I can't think of one.

And i thought this story matched up nicely with the topic which is... Denzel had a better vision for how a certain scene should go and it worked out perfectly.