whats wrong with streaming tho?

srs question
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i still haven't figured out why ppl pay for these streaming services

i guess its to the ability to carry a infinite library of music without having to actually download it idk

true....guess it basically comes down to time....if you save time and don't have an issue paying for it then cool

really doesn't bother me or take much time to download a cd then put it on my ipod or phone. and keep it moving.. plus i don't need to worry bout how many gigs I'm using or being on wifi or my app not working.

idk you know how many times i was late for something because i forgot to put an album on my phone and decided to do it at the last second for my usb wire to ? up and have re do it until it goes through
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still haven't figured out why ppl pay for these streaming services
    props to Jay i just know i aint one of those million ppl...i cant pay for free ?

CJLsXKo.png

So these culture vultures don't understand why an artist should be compensated for their artistry??

i own more albums, than you have bumps on ur face....and i cop merch and go to shows i do my part...i dont stream cuz i have youtube or upload ? into my devices from the actual CDs

dw2fcuzqoo2w82ip7umhdbkt.360x496x1.jpg
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Monizzle eat it ? !!! #TidalForTheWin

*Sets reminder for 10/20 then goes back to streaming HiFi music on tidal service*

lol a win? Spotify and Apple music beating the ? outta tidal. Tidal like carmello dropping 40 points in a knicks lost. Yeah sure you got 40 but the rest of the league dominating your ass on a day by day paid user basis.

You right tidal was suppose to gain 20 million subscribers in like 4 months huh??? Just get ready to be scouring the internet looking for links to that concert on 10/20 that tidal is throwing lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*Sets reminder for 10/20 then goes back to streaming HiFi music on tidal service*

lol a win? Spotify and Apple music beating the ? outta tidal. Tidal like carmello dropping 40 points in a knicks lost. Yeah sure you got 40 but the rest of the league dominating your ass on a day by day paid user basis.

You right tidal was suppose to gain 20 million subscribers in like 4 months huh??? Just get ready to be scouring the internet looking for links to that concert on 10/20 that tidal is throwing lol

cheering tidal for getting 1 million subscribers is like giving these kids participation trophies. cool tidal ain't flop yet. At the same time they had around 500,000 susbscribers and after millions in promo and the face of hov on the brand they got an extra 500K from the initial user base. This ? is now a W its a ? who got a C- for a class.

Meanwhile. Tidals launch helped Spotify get even more paid subscribers and Apple music is killing it with lucrative deals with artists like Drake and making it very easy for i tunes users to slide over to their service. Tidal is the Ace Hood of music streaming services.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

srs question

You don't own the music, you renting that ? .
  • GetoBoy
    Options

cheering tidal for getting 1 million subscribers is like giving these kids participation trophies. cool tidal ain't flop yet. At the same time they had around 500,000 susbscribers and after millions in promo and the face of hov on the brand they got an extra 500K from the initial user base. This ? is now a W its a ? who got a C- for a class.

Meanwhile. Tidals launch helped Spotify get even more paid subscribers and Apple music is killing it with lucrative deals with artists like Drake and making it very easy for i tunes users to slide over to their service. Tidal is the Ace Hood of music streaming services.

Again guess tidal should have 10 million subscribers by now huh?? I mean damn its been a few months now if they don't have as many as the companies that have been doing it for years already then they failing lol.....oh and apple music ain't even made it out of trial stage yet so nobody knows what they doing or how many subscribers they have for all we know they might only end up with a million too....Tidal is the j.cole of hip hop aka platinum!!! Deal with it lol....naw but all bs aside hope you find a good link for the concert my ? wouldn't want you to miss out
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Again guess tidal should have 10 million subscribers by now huh?? I mean damn its been a few months now if they don't have as many as the companies that have been doing it for years already then they failing lol.....oh and apple music ain't even made it out of trial stage yet so nobody knows what they doing or how many subscribers they have for all we know they might only end up with a million too....Tidal is the j.cole of hip hop aka platinum!!! Deal with it lol....naw but all bs aside hope you find a good link for the concert my ? wouldn't want you to miss out

Lol at the bolded. Actually apple music is more like the J cole of music streaming. More estiblished loyal customer base and over the last few months they been killing it like cole has on the road. Signing drake and having deals with yeezy who is Jays biggest success story. Now thats ether.

Beyonce has 60 million facebook fans and Jay has 20 million. But even with their star power and promotion on their pages for tidal they only got around 500 to 700K new subscribers since Tidal opened? Beyonces B hive stanbase is at least a few million deep. Jahova's witnesses maybe have at least a million stans strong spreading the gospel. But only a half a mill or so since the service opened have locked into tidal? That's weak.

• GetoBoy
    Options

Lol at the bolded. Actually apple music is more like the J cole of music streaming. More estiblished loyal customer base and over the last few months they been killing it like cole has on the road. Signing drake and having deals with yeezy who is Jays biggest success story. Now thats ether.

Beyonce has 60 million facebook fans and Jay has 20 million. But even with their star power and promotion on their pages for tidal they only got around 500 to 700K new subscribers since Tidal opened? Beyonces B hive stanbase is at least a few million deep. Jahova's witnesses maybe have at least a million stans strong spreading the gospel. But only a half a mill or so since the service opened have locked into tidal? That's weak.

For them to even have a million is an accomplishment when you think of the fact that they're at the biggest disadvantage of all of them.... They're new and they aren't packaged with the most popular phones in the world.... Samsung music service failed..,.beats music wasn't no better then a million b4 Apple bought them..... Spotify and Pandora been around for years.... Google music comes on every android which is 1.4 billion phones..... The Microsoft music stream ain't doing nothing.... So the fact that they are the smallest newest brand and got a million???? Gotta give em the W whether you want to or not lol
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

srs question

ehhh...

but i think of it as try before you buy

my only pov on this is that as a part of my Amazon Prime membership, I get access to their Music library. I've had the opportunity to listen to some newer albums as well as ones previously released that I would've NEVER bought or even torrented in the first place

I think there is something for everyone tbh
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited September 2015
    Options

For them to even have a million is an accomplishment when you think of the fact that they're at the biggest disadvantage of all of them.... They're new and they aren't packaged with the most popular phones in the world.... Samsung music service failed..,.beats music wasn't no better then a million b4 Apple bought them..... Spotify and Pandora been around for years.... Google music comes on every android which is 1.4 billion phones..... The Microsoft music stream ain't doing nothing.... So the fact that they are the smallest newest brand and got a million???? Gotta give em the W whether you want to or not lol

you just went from compairing tidal to being the "J Cole" of music streaming to complaining about how tidal is at the biggest "disadvantage". lol talk about lowering the bar.

? we ain't playing little league tball this is the business world. You don't give trophies out for staying afloat. Jay brags about his sales and numbers in the rap game you don't hear other rappers crying "but for me 3,000 first week is great im at a disadvantage!"

Yes companies and ideas fail everyday. But getting amped on having a fraction of the users pandora and spotify have is childish fro someone who is considered a "mogul". People know where to find tidal and millions follow Jay and Bey and they decided to say ? tidal and sign to spotify in record numbers for even that companies history. Point blank Jay is popping bottles and having a special event for being below average in the streaming game.

• GetoBoy
    Options

you just went from compairing tidal to being the "J Cole" of music streaming to complaining about how tidal is at the biggest "disadvantage". lol talk about lowering the bar.

? we ain't playing little league tball this is the business world. You don't give trophies out for staying afloat. Jay brags about his sales and numbers in the rap game you don't hear other rappers crying "but for me 3,000 first week is great im at a disadvantage!"

Yes companies and ideas fail everyday. But getting amped on having a fraction of the users pandora and spotify have is childish fro someone who is considered a "mogul". People know where to find tidal and millions follow Jay and Bey and they decided to say ? tidal and sign to spotify in record numbers for even that companies history. Point blank Jay is popping bottles and having a special event for being below average in the streaming game.

You sound silly......how long did it take Pandora and Spotify to reach the amount of subscribers they have??? That would be like bashing Curry becuz he doesn't have as many career points as Kobe ..... The ? would make absolutely no sense becuz he ain't been around long enough to gather that many points same way tidal ain't been around long enough as they have to gather that many subscribers.....you need to just stop it ? you sinking out here lol
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Gotta love this all or nothing black or white generation lol.....if you ain't got 10-20 million like the companies that's been out 10-15 years you failing even tho you ain't even been out a year....pandroa been around since 2000 and spotify been around since 2006 and tidal just got here and it's already suppose to achieve what they have in less then a year lol.....when hate turns to non sense smh
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

You sound silly......how long did it take Pandora and Spotify to reach the amount of subscribers they have??? That would be like bashing Curry becuz he doesn't have as many career points as Kobe ..... The ? would make absolutely no sense becuz he ain't been around long enough to gather that many points same way tidal ain't been around long enough as they have to gather that many subscribers.....you need to just stop it ? you sinking out here lol

so when jay brags about his wealth and success you think he cares about new rappers just starting out? hell no. Remember a week into tidal launching spotify saw a random jump in app downloads and subscribers that was growing higher than tidal was. that means even with tidal's emergence onto the scene people actually out of nowhere starting paying attention and paying for subscriptions to tidal and down the road the new apple music.

tidal has not flopped but it has not won. There is no reason why tidal shouldn't have a 3-5 million subscribers minimum based of the star power behind the machine. Again beyonce has 60 million facebook fans and sells out stadiums. But she can't get 3 million of her facebook fans to sign up for tidal? Mind you her jay and nikki have heavy promo of the product on their social media pages.
  • GetoBoy
    Options

so when jay brags about his wealth and success you think he cares about new rappers just starting out? hell no. Remember a week into tidal launching spotify saw a random jump in app downloads and subscribers that was growing higher than tidal was. that means even with tidal's emergence onto the scene people actually out of nowhere starting paying attention and paying for subscriptions to tidal and down the road the new apple music.

tidal has not flopped but it has not won. There is no reason why tidal shouldn't have a 3-5 million subscribers minimum based of the star power behind the machine. Again beyonce has 60 million facebook fans and sells out stadiums. But she can't get 3 million of her facebook fans to sign up for tidal? Mind you her jay and nikki have heavy promo of the product on their social media pages.

So tidal is failing becuz ppl aren't just being sheep and signing up becuz of who run it??? Tidal came late and they small which is why I said the fact that they even have a million is good becuz ? (YOU) was saying its gonna flop a couple weeks in but it looks like at any rate its only growing and in any business growth is good and they doing this without even having gone the Apple Music route yet and drop big name exclusive albums if they even start doing that their numbers are only gonna grow.... So just buckle up for the ride becuz you gonna be waiting for a while looking for that L lol
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? must not have heard the news. Prince, Jay, Beyonce, Wayne on one stage. Jay a cold ass ? mane.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    ? must not have heard the news. Prince, Jay, Beyonce, Wayne on one stage. Jay a cold ass ? mane.

Nah we heard, we just gave no ? .
  • double0suge
    double0suge Members Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tidal charging $29/month made Apple Music that much better
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tidal might be platinum, but that ship be sinking if Kanye leaves.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-25_at_2.17.17_PM_rx1ymy.jpg

Earlier this week, Kanye West mentioned in his Vanity Fair interview that the release of SWISH—or whatever his next album will be called—might still be years away. 'Ye mentioned that he's focused on his family first—and music second. This undoubtedly disappointed a lot of his fans, but they shouldn't sulk yet. It looks like Kanye might still be working on something big on the music side right now.

Yesterday, Larry Jackson, former Interscope A&R and the current head of Apple Music content, posted a picture of him and Kanye working on something—and warned his followers to stay tuned. The possibilities between Apple and Kanye are endless, but one potential outcome could be working on a forthcoming music video exclusively, which Apple has recently done with Drake and Eminem.

Of course, the Kanye West and Apple rumors have been around for a few months now, with Buzzfeed reporting that the two sides have been talking for some time about a possible deal. Exactly what Kanye and Apple are currently working on will remain to be seen, but it seems like big things on the way.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

srs question

Conversely You're Not Paying $12 For Every Album You Decided To Stream Either ..... But .. Apple Music Allows You To Buy The Album If You Are Just Deadset On Owning A Particular Record .... In Fact Im Pretty Sure They All Do
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

So tidal is failing becuz ppl aren't just being sheep and signing up becuz of who run it??? Tidal came late and they small which is why I said the fact that they even have a million is good becuz ? (YOU) was saying its gonna flop a couple weeks in but it looks like at any rate its only growing and in any business growth is good and they doing this without even having gone the Apple Music route yet and drop big name exclusive albums if they even start doing that their numbers are only gonna grow.... So just buckle up for the ride becuz you gonna be waiting for a while looking for that L lol

it has about 500,000 to 700,000 extra subscriptions since Jay took over that really isn't much. and honestly it isn't even clear on how many of those are possible trial based or charged but its some rich dude not even using the services etc etc. I could care less how "small" or "underdog" you want to paint tidal. They literally have some of the most loyal fanbases in the world. Ain't no stan ? with the behive. But when you only get these small results world wide its not a win. Maybe not an L but certainly not a win. again if you wanna give tidal a participation trophy go ahead lolol.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

This is a ? argument. By that logic, I guess the ? who made the nae nae should sale about say...... 100-300 million singles becuz he got that many views on YouTube .. Or bey is failing becuz she isn't selling 60 million and she got that many followers ......

Bruh u AINT making a bit of ? sense
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

This is a ? argument. By that logic, I guess the ? who made the nae nae should sale about say...... 100-300 million singles becuz he got that many views on fb... Or bey is failing becuz she isn't selling 60 million and she got that followers ......

youtube views can easily go viral that doesn't show fan support it just shows popularity of one song. however the selectrion on facebook or twitter to like or follow an artist is a choice made by a user. so you can't compaire youtube views to a facebook like and or follow on twitter.

furthermore beyonce and jay fans in the millions are brand loyal. hence why they sell out 80,000 seat football stadiums on that joint tour. Hence why they at least go gold if not plat or in cases past that. They buy their clothing and go to sports games in BK because they wanna get a glimpse of jay and bey courtside if they are known to be in nyc.

so no my argument is not dumb. and yes your logic of compairing a youtube view of the nae nae video to a loyal tried and true beehive fan is pretty dumb.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a ? argument. By that logic, I guess the ? who made the nae nae should sale about say...... 100-300 million singles becuz he got that many views on fb... Or bey is failing becuz she isn't selling 60 million and she got that followers ......

youtube views can easily go viral that doesn't show fan support it just shows popularity of one song. however the selectrion on facebook or twitter to like or follow an artist is a choice made by a user. so you can't compaire youtube views to a facebook like and or follow on twitter.

furthermore beyonce and jay fans in the millions are brand loyal. hence why they sell out 80,000 seat football stadiums on that joint tour. Hence why they at least go gold if not plat or in cases past that. They buy their clothing and go to sports games in BK because they wanna get a glimpse of jay and bey courtside if they are known to be in nyc.

so no my argument is not dumb. and yes your logic of compairing a youtube view of the nae nae video to a loyal tried and true beehive fan is pretty dumb.

So fb/twitter followers = tidal sales being in the 80million range? So Album sales should be in the same range right? who knew Jay and bey been flopping all this time.... Lets talk about fb likes... So I guess these fb comedians should be putting up Kevin Hart numbers since they get millions of likes per video... LMAO.. Foh bruh.. That ? makes absolutely no sense.. A fb like has about as much value as wet toilet paper
  • GetoBoy
    Options

This is a ? argument. By that logic, I guess the ? who made the nae nae should sale about say...... 100-300 million singles becuz he got that many views on YouTube .. Or bey is failing becuz she isn't selling 60 million and she got that many followers ......

Yea I think it's time to start ignoring this ? on this subject now becuz he starting to sound just dumb.... Pandora been around since 2000 and they just now at around like 5 million paid subscribers and tidal should be there with them in the matter of just a few months worth the time becuz of how many Twitter followers they have???? This can't be life.....