Don Lemon & John McWhorter go full on ? during their #ButWhataboutBlkonBlkCrime conversation

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1L4sWjygCw

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-guest-blacklivesmatter-not-interested-in-the-truth-too-fixated-on-white-cops/
Columnist John McWhorter believes that #BlackLivesMatter isn’t interested in the truth and needs to acknowledge some of those truths if they want to actually win over more of the public.

McWhorter wrote a column to that effect for The Daily Beast this week, and explained to CNN’s Don Lemon tonight that the fixation of #BlackLivesMatter on white people––especially white cops––gunning down black people ignores the problem of black-on-black violence.

He said that the movement believes “we have to focus on what white people are doing wrong” instead of asking any challenging questions beyond that.

McWhorter believes there’s an aggrieved mentality plaguing the movement where to be black means “living with the white person’s foot on your neck” or the best way to be black is to “portray yourself as a sufferer.”

DonLemon.gif

tumblr_nq5sa2EsHD1rbf5cro1_500.gif

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why am i not surprised a professor from liberal ? ass columbia university is a ? .
    he is correct however that police brutality is not the most pressing issue in the black community
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure why it's ok for them to have this discussion on national television.

Because they want all their white benefactors to see
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Panthers were talking about Police accountability in the 60s.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The Panthers were talking about Police accountability in the 60s.

as was everyone else...
    there is a narrative being formed that police reform is purely a black issue... that may be a strategic mistake.
    (not that you're saying that...)
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    why am i not surprised a professor from liberal ? ass columbia university is a ? .

How can you claim to be a black conservative, but not know that he's also a black conservative?

You know republicans have like 50 different branches that claim to not be related to each other

Zombie is a independent conservative lol
  • zzombie
    Options

How can you claim to be a black conservative, but not know that he's also a black conservative?

Sooo I am supposed to know everything black conservative on the planet and agree with everything they say. Come on ? please
  • zzombie
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »

You know republicans have like 50 different branches that claim to not be related to each other

That's because politics is a spectrum it's a gradient left,right,center. It's not as simple as people want it to be
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They both look like Tom DuBois

damn...the sure do
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sooo I am supposed to know everything black conservative on the planet and agree with everything they say. Come on ? please
    But you incorrectly knew he was a "liberal"?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

That's because politics is a spectrum it's a gradient left,right,center. It's not as simple as people want it to be

It is simple for black people.

Don't vote for openly racist ass republicans that are on foxnews supporting George Zimmerman, saying Obama is not American, and are always voting against any intiative that helps black people.

It is very simple.....
  • Brother_Five
    Options

sounda familiar.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These toms dont give af about black on black crime. That term is nothing but a buzzword to appease white supremacy and deflect accountability. Black lives matter is a convieient target for the media. The media will not promote groups that are actually fighting against crime in our communities.
  • zzombie
    Options

But you incorrectly knew he was a "liberal"?

Logical assumption since he teaches at Columbia which is a very white liberal school
  • zzombie
    Options

It is simple for black people.

Don't vote for openly racist ass republicans that are on foxnews supporting George Zimmerman, saying Obama is not American, and are always voting against any intiative that helps black people.

It is very simple.....

You rather vote for patronizing paternalistic underhandly racist liberals. I personally don't give a rat's ass about political party it's all about which governing ideology can create success were it really counts. Not every republican governs with conservative ideology.
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    Liberal/conservative means nothing...
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    he is correct however that police brutality is not the most pressing issue in the black community

Except McWhorter is a conservative.
    LMAO
    Liberal/conservative means nothing...

Exactly just some ? to keep people separated.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who said that police brutality was the most significant issue for black people?

We still trying to figure that ? out. I've never heard that statement. And once again most crime against whites are from whites

And wtf is he doing about black on black crime? What is he doing to change this?

This ? needs to be smacked